uMod Problems (1 Viewer)

Deadpool69

Potential Patron
Hey. I'm a new player to DOA5LR and I'm having trouble modding with uMod. I tried every single r# version and enabled/disabled global hook each time, but nothing seems to make the game work. I keep getting the exact same error message every time and it's annoying. Does anyone know why this is happening?

This is the message that keeps popping up whenever I try to launch the DOA5LR game.exe through uMod
Untitled.png

nomog

Potential Patron
Hm, how exactly do you use uMod? I read that sometimes different ways work for different games.
The way I do it:
1. Turn on uMod (version r51)
2. Turn on global hook
3. Start the game through game.exe, not uMod
4.AltTab out of the game. Now a new page should have opened in uMod simply named "game".
5. Dragdrop texture files and/or zips into the white box
6. Go back into the game and voila!

- - - Updated - - -

Acutally Darkdrone explains it even better in another thread:
http://www.gamevixenzone.net/hot-stuff-21/dead-alive-5-last-round-nudemod-2005/index35.html

Deadpool69

Potential Patron
Hm, how exactly do you use uMod? I read that sometimes different ways work for different games.
The way I do it:
1. Turn on uMod (version r51)
2. Turn on global hook
3. Start the game through game.exe, not uMod
4.AltTab out of the game. Now a new page should have opened in uMod simply named "game".
5. Dragdrop texture files and/or zips into the white box
6. Go back into the game and voila!

- - - Updated - - -

Acutally Darkdrone explains it even better in another thread:
http://www.gamevixenzone.net/hot-stuff-21/dead-alive-5-last-round-nudemod-2005/index35.html

Well I managed to get the game to run, thanks. But now the mods or textures won't load when I press the update button after adding them while the game is running. I dragged the .dds files into the white box, clicked update, went back to DOA and nothing happened. Everything is still the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

nomog

Potential Patron
Well I managed to get the game to run, thanks. But now the mods or textures won't load when I press the update button after adding them while the game is running. I dragged the .dds files into the white box, clicked update, went back to DOA and nothing happened. Everything is still the same.

I actually never use the update button. As far as I know its important that you input the textures before the game can load them. So I always AltTab out of the game before it even gets to the main menu. Then I just insert the files into uMod (without updating) and get back into the game.

Deadpool69

Potential Patron
I tried that and it didn't work. My DOA5LR always plays in windowed mode. Do you think that's the problem?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Buy a legal copy of the game.
GVZ doesn't support pirated versions of software; frequently hacked versions have modified files to reduce overall size, when cause mods to malfunction . :(
See site rules. Link is in my siggie.

Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.