Tomb Raider vs. Arkham City (Catwoman) (1 Viewer)

Catwoman vs. Lara

• Total voters

Neeo

Potential Patron
Which of these two titles are you more excited for from a ryona viewpoint? I feel like (but don't hope) Arkham City is going to fall flat on the whole Catwoman angle, whereas Tomb Raider is obviously going to be a pretty good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 31

Tomb Raider for sure. It's not only gonna be an awesome game for ryona, it's gonna be an awesome game period.

shiruken

Ryonani Teamster
If Arkham City is anything like the last Batman game it will just have standard grapple/fighting ryona. This kind of stuff is so old that it doesn't even matter to me and theres already plenty of that kind of crap out there. The game itself should be incredibly fun to play though, Arkham Asylum was amazing.

Tomb Raider looks like Lara is in serious peril the whole damn game and can get killed in many nasty ways. It has the potential to be a ryonafest. :)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I'll have to go with TR. The developer already stated that Catwoman is only playable for maybe 10% of the total game. For that to be worthwhile to me, she would have to be put on the receiving end as the exact same shit Batman has to deal with in combat. Plus I like the look of the new Lara over the AC version of Catwoman.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Definitely Lara Croft. It looks like the better game for both ryona and my gaming tastes. Besides, it looks like Catwoman will only be in a small section of the game, like the girls in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
From what I've seen so far both games doesn't look interesting for me; if I didn't missed something we know next to nothing about the actual gameplay.

Noname

Ryonani Teamster
TR looks like it was almost exclusively made for us, so I'm going with that.

And Someone, TR is going to largely be open world, so imagine the "scenarios" you could potentially come up with (assuming there is enough free roaming content, and you aren't just free roaming through empty areas).

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Just putting it out there: Batman AC will release this fall, whereas Tomb Raider won't be coming out until Q2 2012. Should be enough time in that 6-8 months to scrape together the $100 and get both. (I plan to.)

More excited for TR, since I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, but Catwoman's appearance in Arkham City has me quite interested in that game too. I know it'll only be a brief cameo, but I liked those kinds of sections in Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2, and it will keep me excited to keep playing the game to get to the next Catwoman section. I liked Arkham Asylum, but have to admit that I eventually got bored with the game and never finished it.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Wow, I'm clearly in the minority here as I'm strongly in the Catwoman camp. That said, I haven't been keeping up with the Tomb Raider coverage all that much. As much as I like Lara, I'm a much bigger fan of Catwoman in general and even if the ryona isn't as good I'd rather take some decent Catwoman ryona over almost any other subject. I'm hoping that after beating the game you'll be allowed to use her in more than 10% of the game, but I guess we'll just have to see.

???

Potential Patron
Hold....teh phone.....

Let's just remember that this is the umm... UMTEENTH tomb raider game. If all, ALL of their games to date have been mediocre on the several fronts we discuss here, what in the hell guarantees that this one is going to be any better? I guess you can say that I'm just taking the favor of the newer concept of playable catwoman(the first catwoman game was barely a game at all, so don't even mention it....), as opposed to the ABC bullshit that I'm assuming this tomb raider game will be. There is a very good chance that both of these games will not even have my favorite kind of ryona, in which case they will both sink under my radar in no time flat around the time of their release, but hey....

onlinehero

Casual Client
Catwoman for sure. Crystal Dynamics won't have balls to make ryona into TR! We will probably see only more fade to black screens when dying, not showing blood or bruises and with bad luck not even classic TR henchemen :(

M

mr awesome

Most definitely catwoman. seeing as how this would be the FIFTH tomb raider CD has made so far, i doubt it would be any better than the rest as far as ryona goes.

On the other hand i'm pretty excited for Arkham City so if the catwoman parts good than its a win-win for me ;)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Catwoman for sure. Crystal Dynamics won't have balls to make ryona into TR! We will probably see only more fade to black screens when dying, not showing blood or bruises and with bad luck not even classic TR henchemen :(
Blood and death scenes have been confirmed. Everybody who's seen the game describe the deaths as being rather detailed and gruesome.

A couple of examples:

Gamesradar:
When Lara falls into that puddle at the beginning, she falls onto a strip of rebar, which spears her in the side and has to be ripped out. When she meets the cave's resident, he's a dreadlocked Tom Hanks in Cast Away lookalike with murderous eyes, grabbing your legs as Lara scrambles through a narrow passage. If you don't kick him off, Lara will get an ice axe in her throat, blood spraying everywhere. If you avoid him this time but not the next, you'll see Lara crushed by a giant bounder. And in another level, we saw Lara tackled by a wolf, which she tried to fight off by frantically stabbing it repeatedly in the flank with a knife as it tried to sink its teeth into her jugular. We saw both possible endings to this battle, one when Lara succeeded and one when she didn't - there was a lot of blood.

Destructoid:
...but the wolf finally appears and pins Lara to the ground. Fail this QTE and the wolf rips out Lara's neck.

Ign:
Much like Resident Evil 4 or Dead Space, Lara can be killed in a variety of gruesome, scripted ways. During a battle with a wolf that has her pinned down, if you don't fight it off, the beast will chomp her jugular and snap her neck.

It goes on. Anyways I voted for Lara because I know they won't pass that violent boundary with Catwoman. As said by some users earlier in this thread I imagine there will be a few simple grab animations by thugs. Maybe some peril situations like the vat of acid in the trailer. But since she's only in 10% of the game I doubt there will be all that much to see.

Lara on the other hand is the main character in her game. With animations hand crafted to cater to her violent death and an M rating to support all the blood and gore they want I think Tomb Raider will come out on top in terms of ryona. Though, once again as mentioned in this thread the games are far apart in terms of release. So I imagine if you're on the fence about the two saving up money for both shouldn't be difficult.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
There is no doubt, this part of Tomb Rider will contain more ryona elements than Arkham City.
The new Tomb Raider is a bloody gory survivor horror game while the Arkham City is a modern action beat'em up game.

The only good thing about Arkham City is that it will be released sooner than Tomb Raider 2011 :)
...or should i call it Tomb Raider 2012 :D

P

PhoDacBiet

Oh Tomb Raider, hands-down. I thought Lara's character design reached its peak in TR: Underworld. Never been hotter. But this new, younger Lara looks like she'll rank up there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.