The girls from RWBY (3 Viewers)

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
f93 said:
X86 said:
Wonder what happened to that dialogue and the other stuff.
I finally managed to complete one of them. There's now a Ruby dialogue in my thread (see my ever-present signature link). It's much simpler than my usual dialogues (no elaborate intro, no variables, etc) because I didn't really have a specific scenario in mind for it until filling out the last few lines, as there was technically no prompt for it.

Really? I could think of a couple of elaborate intros. One that also Involves the monsters they fight. Come on, use your imagination. That's why it's there. Ranting aside, good job with the dialogue. ;) (Don't be surprised at my mood swings. It just happens.)

f93

Casual Client
Shadow5000 said:
Really? I could think of a couple of elaborate intros. One that also Involves the monsters they fight. Come on, use your imagination. That's why it's there. Ranting aside, good job with the dialogue. ;) (Don't be surprised at my mood swings. It just happens.)
I like to think I'm pretty decent at writing dialogues. I'm just not very good at coming up with the initial scenario ("why is she giving him a blowjob anyway?"). Once I have that, I can usually make something workable pretty fast. Consider it the equivalent of having a nice profile shot when making a hair.
It's just that nobody asked for "Ruby gives a blowjob for such-and-such a reason after killing some monsters". So naturally I just went for the simpler option of it being in a somewhat casual situation.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
f93 said:
Shadow5000 said:
I like to think I'm pretty decent at writing dialogues. I'm just not very good at coming up with the initial scenario ("why is she giving him a blowjob anyway?"). Once I have that, I can usually make something workable pretty fast. Consider it the equivalent of having a nice profile shot when making a hair.
It's just that nobody asked for "Ruby gives a blowjob for such-and-such a reason after killing some monsters". So naturally I just went for the simpler option of it being in a somewhat casual situation.

Dude, when the only options are simple or advanced, if you have the skill, go for advanced, like me making Geecku. She was hard to make, but well worth the effort.

f93

Casual Client
Shadow5000 said:
Dude, when the only options are simple or advanced, if you have the skill, go for advanced, like me making Geecku. She was hard to make, but well worth the effort.
My previous two dialogues (Teen Titans Raven gets hypnotized, Witch SD-Chan's Halloween) both have fully three sets of dialogue, one being a progression via finishes and the other including variable tricks to branch it into two endings with very differing tones. I could make more complicated dialogues than those, but I'd probably go insane trying to proofread the damn things. I suppose there are more complex dialogues than those (that Daughter's Friend one that branches out into at least eight slightly different paths, for instance), but I've never had reason to do something that elaborate to fill what a request is asking for.
There are times when I feel that a simpler dialogue is all that's needed. Maybe the people who requested Ruby have different opinions, and they're welcome to leave feedback.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
f93 said:
Shadow5000 said:
My previous two dialogues (Teen Titans Raven gets hypnotized, Witch SD-Chan's Halloween) both have fully three sets of dialogue, one being a progression via finishes and the other including variable tricks to branch it into two endings with very differing tones. I could make more complicated dialogues than those, but I'd probably go insane trying to proofread the damn things.

*whistles* It's not that hard, really.
Besides, the Hypnosis (by booster) dialogue was made in the days before the checker/me (woo that's some arrogance you've got there, Pim) - and it actually worked to some point.
Basically I'm saying if you want to make a complex dialogue but can't figure out a proper structure (or think your current one doesn't work) you can just show me what you're working on and I'll see if there's anything wrong with it.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
Pim_gd said:
*whistles* It's not that hard, really.
Besides, the Hypnosis (by booster) dialogue was made in the days before the checker/me (woo that's some arrogance you've got there, Pim) - and it actually worked to some point.
Basically I'm saying if you want to make a complex dialogue but can't figure out a proper structure (or think your current one doesn't work) you can just show me what you're working on and I'll see if there's anything wrong with it.

Exactly. Now there are no excuses. We have the mighty Pim_gd to help.

f93

Casual Client
It's less of an "I can't figure out how to do this" and more of a "nobody asked for an incredibly elaborate dialogue, and I just can't be bothered doing one right now". If I was doing something like that, I'd probably still be working on it now (if not for several more days/weeks).
Of course, now I've got all the other RWBY girls to do. Except Nora. Not a single person has requested her, if I recall.

X86

Potential Patron
I think its funny the original Blake made here had the faunus ears and as it turns out, thats exactly what Blake has.

ITS ALMOST AS IF IT WAS PREMONITION

Maineim

Content Creator
X86 said:
I think its funny the original Blake made here had the faunus ears and as it turns out, thats exactly what Blake has.

ITS ALMOST AS IF IT WAS PREMONITION

Well, there is not premonition, just the fact that from the profile view, the bow just looks like ears, the only difference is that the ears in Vainilla SDT are hairy.

X86

Potential Patron
Still, good job. :D

By the way, we now have a name for the evil woman from episode one.

Her name is Cinder(dem glass heels).

rwby_cinder_by_dustiniz117-d6tesvr.jpg

She's in the RWBY Season One finale which came out today. I don't think there's a good side face shot to use as a reference though.

X86

Potential Patron
Cinder references are A GO

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.488804454567765.1073741851.278065288975017&type=3

jlim400

Potential Patron
you must think im extremely stupid, but im new to forums. where do i find maineim's progress on this project?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.