Tenchu Z (1 Viewer)

???

Potential Patron
TenhcuZ (X-Box360)
Released in: 2007
Genre: Historic Action Adventure

The player can play as a male or female. You can always change the clothes that your girl wears and more clothes can be unlocked throughout the game, however the face along with its voice that you choose at the beginning are permanent, so choose carefully! Each face comes with a seperate voice to go with it. Ayame and Rin's faces from the previous games are available if desired.

50 missions: Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties for all of them.
Also a multiplayer mode for multiple X-Box360 systems, and an online mode available.

Gameplay:
-Decent replay value and a whole lot of stuff to unlock.

Ryona:
Your character can be knocked down on their back or front in one of several ways:
-standard from the front
-standard from the back
-power attack that sends them twirling though the air and landing flat on their face
-power attack that sends them flying backwards and tumbling on the floor before landing flat on their face or back.
-power attack that flattens them upside a wall after which they drop flat on their back or face
-upward attack that floats your character upwards and then back down
While grounded your character can be attacked, but there is a time limit for when they get up.
Your character can also be set on fire and be attacked by wasps.

Everything that can happen to you, can happen to your enemies as well(except drowning, your enemies can't swim, but you can). There are enemy female ninjas in the game and two stages with only female enemies as well. You can stealth kill your enemies in several ways. One of them is crouching with the sword drawn: You wrap your legs around her body, lock her arm and roll her onto her back. As you straddle her and push your blade through her neck her legs give a small pop and then fall lifelessly to the ground and her arm does the same as you sheathe your katana.

Previous Tenchus:
The enemies' ability to stealth kill you has been removed. The game's also gotten easier.

Sample gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSJx10dq4lA&feature=related - Ayame in Ninja Armor

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I absolutely loved Wrath of Heaven. But I was far less than impressed with Z. The mechanics haven't evolved since wrath of heaven, stages are recycled constantly, and it's probably one of the ugliest games I've ever played. I spend half an hour with it, and it made me wish I still had Wrath of Heaven.

...So I returned it the very next day.

???

Potential Patron
You should play Fatal Shadows then. It has a way better look then wrath of heaven.

???

Potential Patron
Got a PSP? You could always play that version of the game. You can even use Ayame in her sexy blue outfit from wack ass Tenchu 4.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
I remember seeing a ryona video of a female ninja, and thought it was from this game but the U.I. looks different so now I don't know lol. Wish I could see some ryona videos of this game as well.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Why did it get removed? lol
Obviously because it's a Wiki article about the game Tenchu Z, and the parenthesized phrase "(....good thing I've already hacked this game so that you can be hit multiple times, and get up whenever the hell you want! :D :D :D :D)" did not contain any information about the game Tenchu Z.

If anyone knows the link to the aforementioned Tenchu Z ryona video, though, s/he is more than welcome to add it.

onlinehero

Casual Client
??? how do you hack a Xbox360 game?! Lol, stores are still asking 25 euros for a 5 year old game like this! Now that's robbery.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Obviously because it's a Wiki article about the game Tenchu Z, and the parenthesized phrase "(....good thing I've already hacked this game so that you can be hit multiple times, and get up whenever the hell you want! :D :D :D :D)" did not contain any information about the game Tenchu Z.

If anyone knows the link to the aforementioned Tenchu Z ryona video, though, s/he is more than welcome to add it.

Oh I thought the ryona video was removed, sorry lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
Is there even any bearhugs, backbreakers or similar in this game? Only asking because I've seen those kind of things in other Tenchu games.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Is there even any bearhugs, backbreakers or similar in this game? Only asking because I've seen those kind of things in other Tenchu games.
Sadly, no. I think only grapple in the game is that arial drop your character have.

By the way, other Tenchu have some ryona worth mention. Is it good to add them to this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
ah yes I love wrath of heaven aside form being my favorite gameplay wise it introduced Rin who is my favorite in the game(enough to where I made a video set of her being grappled like crazy by enemies) Z was not bad but WOH and FS are FAR better(on a side not Rin's short hair actually has flex to it. Very rare for short haired women to have hair flexes in the ps2 era.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.