Suffering Sarah (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
".... look, I don't know how to explain it, I'll just... I'll just start from the beginning, now that I finally remember everything.

After I finished my warmup, I met him in the ring at the agreed to time. It was the finals, I was so close... wait, no, I'm getting ahead of myself again. I met him in the ring. It was huge, like not a standard pro wrestling ring, it was more like a ring adapted to be a fight pit. No ropes would have been able to be strung up on a ring this size, so there was a fence around the ring. On Wolf, it came up to his waist. I was a lot shorter than him, so it came up to the middle of my back. I was hoping I could use it as an advantage and like, try to trip him up so he fell out and lost, but I guess - *cough* - I guess it didn't go that way...

We started the fight. Almost from the beginning, I was screwed. I didn't realize just how big and powerful this guy was. He was a monster. He punched me in the stomach and I felt like a rock slammed into me. After that it was just... a massacre, really. I never got out of the starting blocks. He made my advancement to the finals look like a joke.

I tried to recover from the boulder that slammed into my stomach, but he grabbed me and easily picked me up, like I didn't weigh anything. He spun around once and then slammed me into the ring with a powerbomb. I threw my hands behind my head, trying to avoid a serious concussion. And the sound... oh man. The gym was empty, so the sound just echoed. I couldn't believe it was my body hitting something making that sound! I laid there, my body already crying out in pain. He'd punched me once and gone for a power move right off the bat. I guess I would too, if I were in his position.

As I laid there looking up at the lights, suddenly he crashed into me with an elbow drop across my chest. I felt the wind wheeze out of me, and I thought he'd broken something on me, but not yet anyway. He grabbed me by the hair and roughly hauled me to my feet. I was already wobbly. The brute then just plowed me over with a clothesline. I flipped over backwards and landed face down, he almost tore my head off. His arm felt like a slab of concrete slamming into me. I laid there kind of dizzy, trying to make sense of what had just happened. He picked me up like a sack of crap again, and then held me up in the air under my arms. I knew this could only end badly, and he brought me down on my head, neck and shoulders. I landed hard and banged my head off the mat. So much for no concussion. He said he was just starting, and he picked me up by my hair again. I say picked up, but it's more like he was uprooting a vegetable, I didn't even get to my knees. He just hauled me straight up to my feet. After a kick to the stomach I'm sure he didn't need to do, I found myself upside down, and then he crushed me with a piledriver.

I was so out of the fight at this point. Heh. I say it was a fight, but really it was just a total one sided beatdown. I couldn't get any offense at all. My neck was sore, and I laid there, trying not to shed tears. He sneered at me, and then reached down and goozled me by the throat. He yanked me off my back to my feet. We were face to face, his hand around my throat like a vice... His eyes were haunting... menacing... his sneer was.. almost evil. Like he was enjoying what he was putting me through. He looked almost like he were possessed. He threw one of my arms over his for more support, and then he lifted me something like seven and a half feet in the air. I tried to brace for impact, but I couldn't have prepared for the sheer force he used when he chokeslammed me. I felt like something inside had ruptured. It's a sheer miracle the hospital list of my injuries doesn't have anything like that, even though there's a laundry list of them.

My spine felt like it had flattened. I kid you not, that was the hardest impact I've landed on something with. At this point, unconsciousness was threatening me. Oh, but Wolf to the rescue, he picks my beaten ass up off the canvas. What a gentleman... until he picks me up in what I thought was going to be a simple suplex. Boy, should I have known better. He brings me down, but flips over and LANDS on me, crushing me with a Jackhammer. I felt like my body was turning into paste at this point. I literally had to check to see if I were still intact.

At this point, I couldn't help it... a tear fell from my right eye. I know, it's embarrassing. And it only gets worse, so I hope you forgive me. After the Jackhammer, he picks me up AGAIN. I'm limp at this point. My greatest offense is moaning in pain. I didn't think there was anything else he could do to me. Again, should have known better, him being a huge wrestler and all that. He scrapes me up off the canvas, and my arms and legs dangle like a marionette with the strings cut. He puts me up on his shoulders stomach first like he's not even exerting effort. Then he hooks my head and takes hold of one of my thighs, and suddenly I'm flying through the air in a circle, my face and chest smashing off the canvas. I bounced off it like a rubber band and ended up on my back. I'm completely immobile at this point. Everything hurts too much to do anything. He gives me no reprieve and he plucks me off the canvas again, which really felt more like landing on concrete at this point. I'm completely helpless as this Neanderthal puts me up on his shoulders again, this time back first. He takes hold of my chin and one of my thighs, and yanks on them, arching me backwards. I think he told me this was a torture rack, but I can't be certain. The pain was just blocking most of my ability to hear. All I know is I felt things pop and shift, and then my spine felt like someone had cut into it and poured molten steel into it. I heard a scream, and then I realized it was me making that noise...

Suddenly I felt his hand move from my thigh to my crotch. The bastard was feeling me up as he continued breaking my back. He started rubbing me and then using my crotch as the focal point for pulling on my body to arch me... that miserable son of a bitch. He did the same thing with his other hand on my chest... I felt so ashamed that this was happening, but the pain just wouldn't stop. I was starting to black out.

Finally the searing pain stopped... for a moment anyway. It was back more fierce than ever when he bucked me off his shoulders and then slammed me across his knee with a backbreaker. I could feel my body just give up at that point. Everything went limp, the muscles stopped responding to my brain's commands. Finally when he let me off his knee, I felt like I sort of just oozed onto the floor. I felt like putty. I couldn't move, could barely hear. The pain and the concussion were teaming up to kick my ass after this brute already had.

But oh no... no, no. I guess we needed the coup de grace. He rolled me onto my stomach. There was just nothing I could have done about it. He picked up my arms and put them over his legs, then he dug his tailbone into my spine and hooked his hands under my jaw, putting me in a camel clutch. The pain was incredible. It was the worst thing I've ever felt. He reared back, and I heard and felt more pops in my spine and neck. My spine was bent into this horrible L shape, 90 degrees. More, maybe. My neck was arched back. You know how I told you it got worse? Well, I couldn't take the pain... I cried. I begged. And I submitted. I told him that I had had enough, that I couldn't take any more, and I begged him to stop hurting me. And I know you're probably disappointed in me for that, and I wouldn't blame you. You always tried to teach me to be tough and strong.

Well, after that, I'm almost certain I blacked out in his hold, because the next thing I remember is waking up here in the hospital. But it was like, I was watching everything through someone else's eyes. I didn't know people. Couldn't remember things. Simple things, like how to walk. Like what a fork was. Like someone's face who I'd only seen moments ago. It's been a long, slow month of recovery, but I finally have all my memory of that day back, and now I can work on my physical recovery.

Please don't hate me for not being tough, Jacky."

Jacky Bryant took his sister's hand. "Sarah, you stood up admirably to basically a human juggernaut. There is no shame in being outmatched, or admitting it. And you have my word that I'm going to make that piece of garbage pay for what he's done to my sister. I absolutely guarantee you that."

"Mr. Bryant?" came a voice from the door, one of the nurses taking care of Sarah. "Visitors hours have been over for half an hour, but... this is the longest Sarah has spoken since she came out of her three day coma a month ago, so we decided to let you stay. We only heard her voice, not what she was saying, we didn't want to intrude. But she does need her rest now..."

Jacky looked back to Sarah, who managed a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm sorry Jacky. I'm so tired."

"Thank you for letting me stay," said Jacky to the nurse. To Sarah, he said "You need to get some rest. Keep your strength up. You'll recover from this in no time. And I'll definitely be taking Wolf Hawkfield down a few pegs."

He stroked her cheek with the back of his hand, but she was already fast asleep. He kissed her on the forehead and left her for the night, anger towards Wolf building.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Damn, I always thought Wolf was kind of a nice dude.

Excellent choice of first person narrative here, Raden. Would I be mistaken in saying that our recent RPs helped out with writing in that perspective?

I think you put in pretty much all of my favourite holds here. The string of power moves was great too and even better, Wolf actually uses a lot of those moves in the game if I'm not mistaken. Sarah ending up in a coma reminded me of Christie's addiction to pain killers as far as there being real life consequences to these video game style beatings. It's a different take on things, for sure. It also adds that extra level of sympathy when there's other people affected by the character's destruction.

How long until DOA 5 comes out again :)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
-I thought so too, but hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. ;)

-You are not mistaken. It seems such an easy shift to make (especially after actually doing RP's) but I'm not sure anyone's ever actually done it. Writing breakthroughs don't all have to be massive shifts in thinking dynamics. Sometimes a simple shift like this is good enough.

-I've gotten back into Virtua Fighter, specifically because I saw Sarah in DOA5. I'm so glad I didn't trade that game back in after all. And yes, I went through his movelist and picked out some of his more dangerous ones. Then I added the piledriver and camel clutch, cause well, you know.

-September 15th, I think they said. Not too long after TTT2, as a matter of fact.

Glad you liked it! I loved writing it. Not once did it ever feel like work, or something I didn't want to be doing. I got the idea at work today and I was like "oh yeah, I wanna write that."

h0ly123

Ryonani Teamster
Sarah's underrated, I'm surprised there haven't been more stories featuring her to be honest. Great work as usual Raden.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Also as usual: the typos I have to go find and edit out one by one over the course of days

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Sure, there is nothing wrong being invested into a character. Happens all the time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.