Casual Client
SOUL CALIBUR IV Xbox360/PS3 [Namco/Namco Bandai]

517eqEVIldL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Published: 2008
Genre: Fighting
Platform: Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Ryona Rating: 5/5

Ryona:
  • For a weapon based fighter, Soul Calibur IV has very good ryona, and there are lots of moves in it that are great for ryona.
  • Characters can perform a lot of moves, most of them quite flashy but sexy, and each has at least 5 grabs or more (two or more from the front, one from each side, one from the back).
  • SC4 introduced critical finishers to the series. Critical finishers are Mortal Kombat style flashy "execution" moves that end the fight immediately once performed. One has to do a soul break on opponent to perform critical finisher (if opponent blocks attacks too many times, her soul will break).
  • Once downed, you can let your character stay laying down, breathing heavily, as long as you want. Girls can be attacked while laying down the ground - certain opponents can even grab them.
  • The game over screen shows the girl sitting on the floor looking desparate and pathetic after losing.
  • Game has clothing damage for every costume. There are 3 clothing damage levels (upper part, middle part, and lower part) for the costumes. Depending on the costume, once all of them are destroyed, the girl may only have her underwear left on while some only get slightly damaged.
  • Each character has both English and Japanese voices available. Overall characters' pain moans are very hot and hearing them gives perverted pleasure.
  • SC4 has a training mode where you can perform any move to the chosen victim and then use the replay feature to watch that move repeatedly from any freely-chosen camera angle. Camera controls are very good and camera is totally controllable. Since the AI in regular battles doesn't use grab attacks very often, this is a great way to enjoy the game's ryona.

Character customization:
  • Each character has two default costumes, and in addition, player can customize almost every character's clothing. You can make the character wear very little clothing and make them only wear underwear.
  • It is possible to create and customize (custom) characters that use the same weapons and fighting style as the SC cast.
  • Character creator is very good, and you can make very legit looking characters that fit in graphically with the SC cast. There are lots of clothing pieces available initially, and more can be unlocked by playing the game and by buying DLC costume packs, making it easy to create sexy female/male characters for both inflicting and receiving a beat up. It is even possible to create a replica of a main SC character and give him/her a different fighting style.
  • Player can also buy the invisibility skill for a customized character. That makes them invisible for a while during the fight.

Characters:
SC4 features a cast of sexy girls which are great both for ryona victims and inflictors. The female characters are sexualized in DOA4 style: they all have quite big boobs, skimpy and revealing clothing, and they are just exaggerated enough (but still maintain some level of realism for the most part). In total, there are 11 female characters in the game,and there are girls for every taste:
  • Ivy is the illegitimate daughter of Cervantes. She is a tall woman who looks like a dominatrix, wearing long heeled boots and gloves but precious little else. She wields a sword which can also morph into a chain whip (enhancing her dominatrix demeanor) allowing her to deal damage even at great range. She has been noted by various media as one of the sexiest/most beautiful women in gaming.
  • Sophitia is a beautiful Greek blonde woman who fights using a sword and shield created for her by the god Hephaestus. She was the one who destroyed the Evil Sword in the original Soul game. Sophitia wears a very short, translucent miniskirt and has a couple of the sexiest moves in the game (arguably in any lfighting game) yet she possesses a very innocent and sweet personality. Since then she has given birth to two children, making her the very definition of MILF.
  • Cassandra is Sophitia's sister, but her personality is completely different, as she is a bit immature and very spunky, and even laughs in the midst of a battle. Like her sister, she fights using a short swords and shield, but despite a degree of similarity, their movesets are quite different. One of her moves is a flying butt attack.
  • Taki is a ninja wearing a skin-tight suit and wielding two short swords which she likes to plunge into her opponents. She also carries small bombs. Taki is the fastest character in the entire game and can do a lot of acrobatic moves with emphasis on kicks, but her fighting range is very limited.
  • Seong Mi-na (also spelled as Seung Mina) is a young Korean woman who fights with a bō staff, making her one of the longer-range fighters of the Soul games. Her main outfit is a lot less revealing than her previous one, covering all but her belly and upper thigh.
  • Xianghua is a young Chinese girl wearing a traditional oriental outfit. Her personality is childish and spunky, with some of her quotes being downright ridiculous. Her moves with her light sword are graceful and precise, and she has some very effective kicks.
  • Tira is a sadistic girl who enjoys bringing pain into her opponents before bringing them down. She has short green hair, a green outfit and messed-up makeup. She fights using a bladed ring, and the way she fights resembles an athlete of rhythmic gymnasts utilising a hoop.
  • Amy is a gothic lolita girl with red pigtailed hair. She fights using a rapier, much like Raphael, to whom she is indebted for having saved her life. By staying close to him she has turned into a vampire, and in SC4 her eyes even turned red.
  • Setsuka is a female warrior wearing a kimono-like outfit from the waist-down, and next to nothing from the waist-up. Her only goal is revenge against the man who killed her master, Mitsurugi. She fights using a sword which is hidden inside an innocent-looking umbrella she carries.
  • Talim is an underaged girl who is able to read the wind. She wears white pants and an open jacket that shows off her midriff. She is very short and quite fast, with some very nimble moves that often catch her opponent by surprise. She wields two blade-like weapons.
  • Hilde is a fully-armored warrior with long red hair, and warrior-princess of a small European kingdom. She fights using her lance and sword and is among the game's slowest characters. Some of her moves can be charged ; ie become slower but more powerful.
    The PS3 version of the game has Darth Vader as bonus character while Xbox version has Yoda. Both characters can be bought as DLC though. The following characters, depending on one's tastes, can be considered very good for inflicting pain: Ivy, Sophitia, Astaroth, Voldo, Tira, Raphael, Seong Mina, Taki, Vader, Mitsurgi, and Setsuka.

Below is a list of some moves worth checking out:
border="1"
|-
| Character:
| Move:
|-
| Ivy
| 1) Grab where she majestically sits on her opponent's back while holding her arm before pushing it back and ruthlessly pulls it out of her socket.

2) Grab where she pushes her opponent down on all fours (onto the ground), places her high heel on her back, and then pushes her head up with her whip-like weapon and strangles her opponent fiercely.
|-
| Sophitia
| 1) Grab where she places her opponent's head high between her legs wiggling her butt on her face, then jumps in the air (with her opponent's head still trapped) and then falls hard on the ground, effectively facesitting her opponent onto the ground.

2) Grab where she jumps on her opponent's shoulders and cracks her necks using her legs before thrusting her to the ground.
|-
| Astaroth
| 1) Powerful bearhug crushing the girl's spine and breath together.

2) Grab where he forces his opponent down and walks over her while she is laying helplessly in the ground.
|-
| Voldo
| Jumps on his opponent and bites into her neck for a while.
|-
| Seong Mina
| Move where she opens her opponent's legs wide with her staff and then thrusts it into her nethers.
|-
| Taki
| 1) Grab where she catches her opponent's head with her leg between her thigh and calf before slicing her head.

2) Move where she explodes her opponent into the air then jumps after her, grabs her from the legs and smashes her onto the ground in a painful boston crab.
|-
| Tira
| Makes out with her opponent in her critical finish (giving her opponent a kiss of death).
|-
|-
| Cassandra
| Critical finisher where she pushes her opponent down to the ground by using her butt, then jumps hard onto the her opponent (who is laying down), effectively facesitting her, then she stands up and jumps onto her opponent again, facesitting her one more time. During this her opponent is seeing hearts, apparently loving the beating very much.
|-

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1862/76297941.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9868/72573071.jpg
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7576/customastaroth.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5346/63193832.jpg

Ryona example:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ryona4040/videos (this guy has lots of SC4 ryona videos in his channel)

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
*claps hands* Bravo, man. Very, very well written and you gave tons of info. I couldn't agree more. SCIV has some excellent ryona in it. The abundance of videos on YouTube are a testament to that. It makes me want to go and play some. If I had the means to record video and take screens from my TV, I'd definitely do some of Setsuka. That top on her is just....dang. :in love: Best of all, this is one of those games that, if you want some great ryona, it has it, but if you want to play it seriously, too, it's also a very fun and competent fighter.

I really hope Soul Calibur V delivers next month and I can't wait for it. I don't like seeing Setsuka out of the roster, but that character creator looks like it'll make up for it in spades.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I'm awaiting SC5 also, though I'm probably going to skip it if there is no female characters from old roster. I'm kinda waiting that little before launch the devs will tell that the old characters will be included in the game as well. But I guess that is wishfull thinking..

Mardion

Potential Patron
"and Talim is an underaged girl wearing a very revealing outfit as well"

I'd say the exact opposite actually, since her outfits are not revealing at all, unless you count her knees or something :p

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ Oh? Let's see:
1) Her clothing shows midriff? Check.
2) Her jacket is open and she wears no shirt, so one can see her bra? Check.
3) Her pants are made of transparent material and one can see her panty through them? Check.

Anyway, nice that you took part in writing this article since I was originally hoping that you would have written it. Thanks.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Interesting viewpoint, personally I always saw her upper clothing (including her exposed midriff) as being sportive, akin to a marathon runner, and never noticed her pants as being see-through ; I guess I'm way too innocent :p

Hehe, I saw what you did there :p Well, I only contributed a tiny little bit, but one of these days I'm going to expand on the Female Characters section with details about each of them.

since I was originally hoping that you would have written it.
You honor me with this statement! However, my current aim is to write about games that aren't well-known, hoping that people will discover through the Ryonani Wiki a great game that they were otherwise going to miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.