Sleeping Dogs (1 Viewer)

LDMsmooch

Potential Patron
Anyone heard of this?

I played the demo today on the Xbox Marketplace. It was originally the third game in the True Crime series (Streets of LA & New York City were the previous two) before it hit development hell for a while. It out now and getting good reviews.

You're a Chinese-American police officer called Wei Shen, after the Triad in Hong Kong, with free-roaming elements and a mix of fighting and shooting. The combat in particular seems to take some of its structure from the Batman Arkham Asylum and City games, which is a good thing.

Anyway, I've no idea if there are female gang members to fight later on in the game or not. I certainly hope so. But nothing stops you, bar from your law enforcement rating dropping (which ultimately determines your ending I think), from being enough of a bastard to just stay laying into innocent members of the public, men and women. Wei's got some pretty brutal moves and environment-specific finishers too. For one example, shoving someone's head into a band's speaker or smashing them against a soft drink machine and so on.

Definite ryona potential here I think, anyone else know more?

More info here - Sleeping Dogs (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

deffwarrant

Potential Patron
I just beat the game a few days ago. There are no female gang members, but there are people to attack in the street and you can use the full environmental attacks on them, and there is....

A girl who is shot at her wedding with a bullet hole in her head.

Last edited by a moderator:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I just beat the game a few days ago. There are no female gang members, but there are people to attack in the street and you can use the full environmental attacks on them, and there is....
Really? It's a shame.

True Crime: Street of LA has hooker, dominatrix and henchwoman to fight. True Crime: New York City has less but still able to fight with hooker in the arena and 1 female boss. But Sleeping Dogs has none...
If it's still a True Crime: Hong Kong, female enemies may be there lol

Carcin

Potential Patron
I've seen a video where a guy kills his girlfriend by kicking her or something, and read about another guy getting her in a head lock and shooting her like that, so presumably it's possible to kill them using environmental finishers too, and with them being unique characters it can only be a matter of time until something like that ends up on youtube.. right..?
Either way it seems pretty disappointing in the ryona department.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
There's pretty much no ryona in this besides the few parts people already mentioned. That being said, I found it fun to play through. It plays very similar to Saints Row 3 with Arkham Asylum/City style combat. While the plot isn't anything new (undercover agent getting sucked into the criminal world, reminded me of Point Break in a way), I thought it was delivered fairly well. The game gets surprisingly graphic towards the end.

There really isn't much in the way of choices in the gameplay or story. Really the only thing you can pick out is your clothing. Just a heads up if that's a factor when you're looking for games to play.

giugo

Swell Supporter
No idea, I play on PS4. You can fight some possessed girls in the Nightmare DLC, not the dancers tho (at least, I wasn't able to do that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.