Shirayuki From Akagami no Shirayukihime (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
isummonbunnys said:
Would love to have this done if anyone would be so kind. Tried to get as many side view shots as I could.
Nicely done. My only criticism is that you're supposed to upload your images offsite and link them, instead of attaching them directly to your post.

akagami-no-shirayuki-hime-episode-2-8.jpg
This image is a very good reference; it fits nicely onto the head template. We've lost a tiny bit of the hairstyle to cropping, but it can easily be extrapolated. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed:
  • dynamic version
    • if you're willing to vector-trace the image then I'll animate it for you and publish a dynamic-hair SWF
    • the hairstyle would include 7-8 independent hair strands, which would sway back and forth as the girl moves around
    • the dynamic animation includes the bangs -- they would bounce slightly when she nods or ducks her head
    • I can provide instructions and guidance on how to use the tracing software, and setup a bare-bones SVG file with the layers plotted out
    • you'd still need to put in some work. I'd expect 20-60 minutes, depending on the level of fidelity that you're aiming for
    • a few days later (when the animation work is mostly complete), I'd ask you to test the SWF and provide feedback: "it's too bouncy", "the bangs aren't long enough", "it looks bizarre when she's upside-down"
  • static version
    • if you're unwilling to trace the image, or if you don't want it to be animated, then just say so
    • I can trace the hairstyle in Flash and publish a static SWF
    • static hairstyles have better compatibility with animtools, but they're less interesting to look at -- and they sometimes feel "fake" because they're perfectly rigid
  • hooded version???
    • there's only one image showing the hood - and it's a poor reference (bad cropping, bad shading, too small)
    • either the static of dynamic SWF could potentially include a hood. I'm not eager to do so (because it would hide the work we've done on the hair!) but I'm willing to consider it if the hood is vital to the character.
    • if you want the hairstyle SWF to include a hood option, then you'll need to find additional reference images. If you don't care about the hood then we can proceed as-is.

isummonbunnys

Vivacious Visitor
A static version is fine with me. I will try and upload to imgur next time. Would tumbler work or direct links to google images/deviant art. I would also love to get those instructions for future requests. Id like to at least try it out in the future.

stuntcock

Content Creator
isummonbunnys said:
A static version is fine with me.

SDT-akagami-shirayuki.swf View attachment SDT-akagami-shirayuki.swf

Source File
SDT-akagami-shirayuki.fla
Note: the source file is not needed to use the hairstyle. It's valuable only if you intend to modify the hairstyle. It's also quite large due to the embedded reference image (in bitmap format).

I would also love to get those instructions for future requests. Id like to at least try it out in the future.
Nah. It's very disappointing to publish a set of instructions and then see that nobody does anything with them. If someone is willing to collaborate on a tutorial project then I'll help out (because I can verify that they're actually interested and then nag encourage them to work on it), but otherwise it's too much of a crapshoot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.