[PC] Shield High (1 Viewer)

Ragnow

Potential Patron
RAGS:Rags Game Development System (You'll need this to play the game)
Shield High: Shield High JS 0.53.rag
Blog: Pudding Games

I thought id want to mix something up a bit and found a Ryona text based game, keep in mind the game is far from finished.

The story is you're a girl who ends up misbehaving in multiple schools and gets sent to "Shield High". At this school its pretty much a enslave others or be enslaved type of deal.

The gameplay consists of you walking around VIA the compass and a battle system which is being reworked right now (Most likely going to be seen next update). Losing a battle in this game often results in enslavement of you and victory results in the enslavement of your opponent (depending on what type of battle it is)

To do a command in battle you must right click and opponents name and do the command you wish to do. And at the bottom right you'll see which class you have next (Which you will have to attend regularly).

9aab255ed9203643b4192ee25b322858.png (This will pretty much be the interface you will be staring at for the entirety of the game)

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
Huh, interesting type of game. Does the girl's picture change with the status? Status in your screen shot said "shirtless" but it seemed to be a generic picture.

M

maskedanonymity

Just started with this one and I love it. Thanks for posting :)

Which reminds me, I've heard that there are other text based "enslave or get enslaved" type games out there, but I have no idea where to look. I absolutely love how Shield High is structured, where it can either go Dom or sub for you depending on how well you battle, and I'm not sure where to go to look for that sort of game. If I could get any tips on where to search for this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it. I set aside the excellent Corruption of Champions and a couple similar titles since I'm not into creature/transformation themes too much. Now I'm at a loss for what buzz words to put into Google. Tried a lot of combos... -.-

Anyway thanks a lot :)

Ragnow

Potential Patron
Most of the ones ive seen are Rape/vore or get raped/vored. This is one of the very few ive found where its a enslave or be enslaved. The reason for that though is prabably because you have to write soooo many routes and it requires so many events related to the player. It also seems tricky on how to allow the player to be free but enslaved (something this game managed to perfect IMO).

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like getting enslaved to Adrianna is a game over, that's too bad.

Pretty incredible stuff, I wonder what the combat update will entail.

M

maskedanonymity

@Unrelated I think that is true only in the first fight. Losing the crop fight in the gym with Andrianna isn't a game over, but sometimes after the fight a glitch occurs where you can't exit the gym, and are stuck where you are. but other times you can leave and a whole storyline plays out as a slave to Andrianna. It's great. Just play with it a bit. Redo the battle a few times and it should work for you.

@Ragnow You know that makes sense. Giving the option for the player to be enslaved in a non-scripted way would pretty much give the developers double the work, since you're essentially writing a storyline for being free, and one for being enslaved, with nuances for each encounter. It'd be a lot of work indeed. But as you say, they've really pulled it off in this case. As far as the issue of being enslaved but having to be free to move for gameplay: It's not really an issue for me since I like captivity. I wouldn't mind being stuck in a cell or some bondage for a long time in one of these games as long as there's context and some form of storyline, but that's just me. there need to be kinky, yet frustrating consequences for screwing up battles. ;)

One title that I've forgotten to mention thus far for bondage enthusiasts is Didnapper for RPG Maker. It's actually got no ryona content proper, or any sex scenes, but it's really heavy in bondage content, with bondage being the result anytime a female character gets defeated in battle, both for you and your opponents. Plus when you get captured by quite a few of the enemies a mini-scenario plays out, where you're stuck in a cell and have to work out an escape in some, or you get treated to a nonstandard game over in others. It's really a great title.

Anyway I'm still looking for more great stuff like Shield High. Shame I'm not a programmer. I'd love to create stuff like this, but right now I'm not equipped to do it. Maybe in the future...

By the way, if I find more stuff in this niche we've been talking about, would it be worth starting a thread for in the forums, even if it's not ryona centered? Just wondering how that would go over with the admins.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Ah, I haven't gone super far into the game I think, just won the pajama fight with Stacy (putting me up to 10 slaves, wooo) and challenged Elizabeth. And yeah, game's pretty buggy.

This bondage game sounds interesting. Is it freely available somewhere, and is it in the latest version of RPG Maker (so it'll actually run in post-XP windows)?

M

maskedanonymity

The game wiki (with download): Didnapper Wiki
RPG Maker RTP: RPG Maker RTP Download | Run Time Package Download

It'll run on Windows 7 just fine. You just have to download the RTP(run time package) for RPG Maker XP, and then download the game, unpack the zip and run the .exe. Do check it out, it's a thrill if you're into bondage.

Any game made in RPG Maker, from what I understand, can be played on Windows 7 as long as you have the right RTP for the version of RPG Maker the game was developed in. If the game is in japanese you might have to set your non-unicode language option to japanese in language options in control panel. But that's pretty much it.

Shield High really is still a bit buggy. Even with entire sections that don't work or barely work, such as the various punishment options for your slaves, and gaps without any dialogue from Sasha and Kaylee, different things. But it's still in development by a long way I think, so it's to be expected. I see far too many games in alpha or pre-alpha stage with great potential that have been abandoned by the developer(s) *ahem Hounds of the Blade ahem* to be bothered too much about bugs in an actively developed title.

Hope that helps some. :)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Alright, thanks. I'll check it out when I get some time. Sadly, looking through the wiki there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of depth in terms of types of restraint-- looks like rope rope rope...

M

maskedanonymity

It is pretty much just rope rope rope, with the exception of belts that can be used in place of rope on some of the captives you receive on missions. Basically on most of the missions so far added to the game, if you complete it, you receive a 'trophy' captive that goes in a cell back at your base. After the mission, you can go to the cell and interact with the captive in various ways, from changing the bondage around, to talking to them etc. It's pretty basic, but more is being added periodically.
I read something from one of the developers one time that they had planned to add different ways to restrain and be restrained in battles, but it would have resulted in a huge load of artwork that had to be done to draw each combination that they just pared it down to one main theme of rope and gag.

Just a fun little title that's really worth mentioning if only for the fact that I've never found one like it exactly. It's got charm.

Also I just took a minute and looked at your drawing 3D modeled stuff and it's really good. I love the girl in black in the XNALara stuff. One thing I love is a black uniform and mouth-and-nose mask. A rare combination to see. I can easily put myself where the red clothed fighter is...........where was I?
Anyway I'll keep looking for more stuff along the theme of this thread. Stuff never gets old.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
I tried it, it has its moments but just doesn't hit the interest point for me. But that is just my tastes.

Also this is 100 percent girl on girl for those who didn't know yet ;)

M

maskedanonymity

@Neon I get you. I can see why it would'nt be for a lot of folks. The girl-on-girl aspect of it is not important to me, I just mainly like it for the 'capture or get captured' dynamic, which seems all too rare in games. A lot of developers get the capture part right, at least somewhat, but the 'get captured' part usually results in a game over screen. With this game, and in some case in Didnapper, which I mentioned above, you actually play it out as an alternate path through a part of the game, and It actually feels like you're at the whim of another character if you get into it and use your imagination a bit. I love the rush of actually genuinely trying to beat a game/level, only to fail in some way and for captivity/enslavement to result, in a way that actually impacts the game world.
I like the 'lose and get raped/guro-ed/vored' mechanics for the same reasons, I just don't see this particular mechanic used very much at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

maskedanonymity

What L'Eremita said. I haven't found anything exactly like this thus far. There are text games with sexual content like Corruption of Champions, for example, but nothing with the 'enslave or be enslaved' type of thing, that I know of.

SoraXNagisa

Potential Patron
Now to turn this in an actual RPG game.

I'm enjoying it so far, but waiting a long time and walking around looking for stuff to find is pretty hard.

Plus, is that fight with Andriana the first time winnable? I lost it.

Ragnow

Potential Patron
Yeah i won it on my first try (despite me losing to every other girl beforehand). Though im not sure if we're talking about the same fight, your first fight with her may be different depending on if you lost or won to Karen. Also I only bet for one of the girls so im not sure if that changes the difficulty.

SoraXNagisa

Potential Patron
Man, this game. You really have to play trial and error again and again. I'm up to the slumber party fighting Stacy. Sheesh, this lady is hard.

M

maskedanonymity

New version 6.0 demo was released a couple of days ago. It has almost no content, and is mainly a demo of the new fighting system the developer is implementing.

@SoraZNagisa If the game were complete without glitches I'd suggest just playing it out regardless of the course the battles take; so there are real consequences for losing, (Of course I have heavy bias, being a sub. Don't listen to me :P) but that's not so easy given that sometimes losing can result in a game breaking issue. For the most part it's fine, but it happens occasionally.
I can't wait for the game to be finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.