...seriously, this should have been the very first mod created -.- so obvious... (1 Viewer)

Sharklasers

Content Creator
Nice work!

If you'd like to make any revisions, then there are a few possibilities (which we could help you with):
  • clean up the SWF (it currently includes several extraneous bodyparts)
  • repackage as a vanilla mod (using the BODY category)
  • replace the Lines with Fills (so that their thickness is consistent regardless of zoom level)
  • add RGB slider support
Thank you! Yeah, those all sound useful. I already know how to replace lines with fills, so I can do that on my own. I'd like to know how to clean up the rest of the template and how to load it as a vanilla mod, though.

As for the RGB slider support, handcuffs don't usually come in a lot of colors, but I have a clothing mod or two that I'd like to know how to use that for.

You should know we are more than happy to host files in the DOWNLOADS section here at undertow, and we NEVER have problems with broken links or malware....
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)
Sure, I'll upIoad it once I'm done. I heard server load was a concern (when it comes to hosting images, at least), so I didn't want to host anything on-site if I could help it.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'd like to know how to clean up the rest of the template and how to load it as a vanilla mod, though.
The "cleanup" step is needed only for Loader mods. By default, the Loader template file will export most of the bodyparts so that they can be invoked in ActionScript. This is convenient for new modders, because you can simply uncomment a few lines of code and your stuff will appear. But all of these bodyparts get published in your SWF, which "bloats" it somewhat (and increases the load time).

Converting your FLA project into a vanilla mod takes a few minutes of work. But there's no cleanup needed afterwards.

The actual conversion process is slightly tricky. It would take me longer to explain it than to simply do it. So if you're willing to share a copy of your FLA file then I can send back a vanilla version. It's also possible to create a vanilla import by decompiling your SWF file, but we usually do so only if the author has vanished. If you'd prefer to keep your source files private, then I can try to walk you through it (or dig up a previous walkthrough -- I think that I've done this before).

As for the RGB slider support, handcuffs don't usually come in a lot of colors, but I have a clothing mod or two that I'd like to know how to use that for.
It boils down to:
  1. choose some fills within your shape
    • it's typical to make them fully black (#000000) so that they'll provide maximum RGB slider responsiveness, but it's not actually necessary to do so.
  2. designate them as separate Symbols
  3. assign special names (rgbFill or rgbFill2) to the instances of those Symbols within your mod
  4. custom scripting
    • your fills will be canonically black within your project, but you can assign them a default color which will appear when they're loaded in-game. The vanilla "Gem Choker" exhibits this behavior -- its RGB2 setting automatically shifts to white.
    • if your mod type (e.g. body mod, dynamic hair mod) does not correspond to any specific set of RGB sliders, then it will remain black during gameplay. But you can add AS3 script to "wire it up" to particular sliders. In this case, we'd presumably use the Cuffs sliders.
    • each "slot" has only 2 RGB sliders. If you want to implement a design with 4 independently adjustable colors, then you'd need to add scripting which "borrows" sliders from another slot (e.g. Gloves)
You should be able to find various working examples of RGBFill mods by searching the <rgb adjustable> tag. Here's one. Note the layering in Flash -- the rgbFill layers are (usually) 100% opaque, so shadow and highlights must be layered on top of the rgbFill.

Alternatively, you could upload a copy of your FLA file and someone could add RGBFill features to it.

I heard server load was a concern (when it comes to hosting images, at least), so I didn't want to host anything on-site if I could help it.
Server load is a concern when we're dealing with "temporary" files (such as reference images) which people never remember to remove. It's a concern when people are uploading copyrighted images onto the Undertow fileserver and exposing the site operators to DMCA paperwork. It's a concern when people are rehosting files which already exist elsewhere else on the Internet (e.g. nexusmods), especially when they do so without the consent of the actual modder. It would be a concern if someone decided to upload a half gigabyte of high-res texture files, as a way of sharing files within a modding team.

When we're dealing with original content files, complete and ready-to-use, being uploaded by the actual author? We're happy to store that stuff, and we'd love to see more of it.

Sharklasers

Content Creator
The actual conversion process is slightly tricky. It would take me longer to explain it than to simply do it. So if you're willing to share a copy of your FLA file then I can send back a vanilla version. It's also possible to create a vanilla import by decompiling your SWF file, but we usually do so only if the author has vanished. If you'd prefer to keep your source files private, then I can try to walk you through it (or dig up a previous walkthrough -- I think that I've done this before).
Alternatively, you could upload a copy of your FLA file and someone could add RGBFill features to it.
I didn't really have a good place to post this, and I know it's been a couple of weeks, but are these offers still valid?

My Flash trial expired, and I'm looking for a cheap replacement, like an old version of Flash. But in the meantime, is there someplace I can post some of the mods I made during my trial, for someone else to fix up? I can't do anything to them by myself right now, but I'd like it if someone could at least clean up the extra body parts from the template.

stuntcock

Content Creator
is there someplace I can post some of the mods I made during my trial, for someone else to fix up?
You can edit your previous posts to include FLA links alongside your SWF links.

Or you could upload your work onto the Resource Manager and provide a FLA download link in the description. I've done that a few times.

Sharklasers

Content Creator
Sure, all right. What about the ones I haven't already posted, though? Including the handcuffs, I've made maybe 6 mods that I think are usable.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Sure, all right. What about the ones I haven't already posted, though? Including the handcuffs, I've made maybe 6 mods that I think are usable.
If you want to gather feedback on a bunch of work-in-progress projects then create a Loader Imports thread and post your SWF and/or FLA files there.

If your work is already usable then post each SWF as a Resource entry (and include FLA hyperlinks where appropriate).

mathemagic

Potential Patron
S Sharklasers , would it be possible for you (or one of the SWF modders around here) to make the handcuffs compatible with moreclothing?

I think the handcuffs make a very nice addition to the game, so it would be nice to be able to add them to the game's clothing menu.

However, the primary reason I'm asking is that I'd like to be able to detect the handcuffs via da.clothes.cuffs.type in DialogueActions, so I could have the girl complain about wearing them (specifically here). >;)

(I know the thread is old, but this is the only handcuff mod, it's very nicely done, and it seems to be posted only in this thread.)

mathemagic

Potential Patron
It doesn't. There's no actual chain, it's just a clothing mod.

It's only meant to work if her wrists are close together, so it would not be possible to see the chain anyway. The Leather cuffs built in to the vanilla game work the same way. The visual effect is plausible enough in some positions. Beauty in simplicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.