Rise of the Tomb Raider Sheer Top and fully nude...sorta... (1 Viewer)

3dfapman

Casual Client
If I want to edit the AOD textures, what program could I use, and what would be the correct export settings?

My Photoshop with nvidia DDS plugins just opens a completely black texture.

3dfapman

Casual Client

Attachments

• settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 274

fonglee

Content Creator
Yeah, that's one of the problems with the Intel plugin, there's like 10 different formats to save files to. This particular file needs to be saved as DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_UNORM_SRGB which translates to
Texture Type: color
Compression: BC1 4bpp (sRGB, DX10+)
in the save menu.

Hope that helps you. :grin:

Just curious, what changes are you wanting to make for this texture, maybe I could help you.

Last edited:

3dfapman

Casual Client
Cool thanks.

I'm trying to change the size of the areolas/nipples on the AOD Nude skin to be smaller, as well as trying to make them less brown in color and more in line with her skin tone, so pink'ish I guess.

Also trying to remove the dragon pantyhose. Furthermore, I'd also like to make the buttcrack more pronounced, and the butt cheeks as well I guess.

No disrepect to your mod of course, just personal preference. And I would probably never have attempted this without you doing the ground work that I can base my poor texturing skills on. Just for personal use, I wouldn't share it without your permission or if I felt the mod was too poor to be shared.

fonglee

Content Creator
Lol, I had a feeling it would be making the nipples smaller. Funny thing is I normally do use smaller ones when making these but there was a particular mesh for AOD (I think it was the swimsuit) that was a nightmare to get a decent looking (meaning somewhat round and roughly the right size) nipple on. That mesh distorted that particular area VERY badly, so when I finally managed to get a result that was passable to me, I simply made all the others to match as best as I could which resulted in the rather large ones here.

No need to worry about disrespect here, I do the same thing with lots of mods I've downloaded as well. I might even have my original PSD files kicking around here somewhere to give you a head start with this, I'll check.:grin:

Yep, still got them. With these, you can get rid of the stockings by unticking the layer, remove the huge nipples by unticking another. The small nipples that are on the layer behind are already more pinky but might be too small. It's your call!

The only thing you would need to do that you mentioned was work on her butt.:grin:

So the first file is the bump map (which is useless for ROTTR but good for AOD) and the other 2 are the ones you want. The only thing you need to remember for ROTTR is that the entire image needs to be flipped vertically and then saved with the new number and format.

Would love to see your results when you are done!

Attachments

Lara.chr 1841056.psd
1.5 MB · Views: 310

Lara.chr 442900.psd
6.4 MB · Views: 219

Lara.chr 442900.psd
6.3 MB · Views: 205

Last edited:

BoobsLover

Casual Client
hi

The file you've uploaded has worked but now Lara seems to be half tanned by the Yamatai sun now :eek::eek::eek::grin::grin::grin:
View attachment 65653 View attachment 65654 View attachment 65655
I really do not know what's wrong with my game or resorep on my computer to have stayed like this in my game.
Your rise of tomb raider mod works normally

I try to convert the mods textures to dds format with GIMP software but no dds files that I formatted with it works on Resorep and tomb raider 2013 and ROTR.

As always thank you very much for your help and attention

hi
when we extract the .tpf file with the TPF Extractor, the textures have a different name from the ones you converted to the dx11 from the tomb raider 2013, which gave Lara the tanning problem. The DDS textures can have any name to use with the resorep?

fonglee

Content Creator
hi
when we extract the .tpf file with the TPF Extractor, the textures have a different name from the ones you converted to the dx11 from the tomb raider 2013, which gave Lara the tanning problem. The DDS textures can have any name to use with the resorep?

Not quite, the extracted textures names don't matter at all, but the textures that resorep dumps from the game all have unique numerical names. You have to find the exact texture in the dump to match the one you extracted, and then copy it over that dump file and then save it with the same settings the original had. I know it can get confusing...

Wait, didn't GlimmerAD give you a copy of his files?

3dfapman

Casual Client
Ok thanks, I didn't know that you had to flip the texture upside down. :) Trying the export settings you said, I still got a completely black texture.

Basically what I did is I opened the single 4445924.dds file from your AOD Nude mod, modified the texture to my liking, exported it as DDS with the intel plugin and settings you suggested, but I didn't flip the texture upside down. Could that be why it is still a completely black texture?

Or am I missing something? I will add that I set it to auto-generate mipmaps, is that correct to do?

Also, no idea how to use bump maps. I get the purpose of bump maps, but no idea how to practically use it. Should the bump map be a DDS file on its own to be placed in the resorep modding folder along with the texture?

BoobsLover

Casual Client
Not quite, the extracted textures names don't matter at all, but the textures that resorep dumps from the game all have unique numerical names. You have to find the exact texture in the dump to match the one you extracted, and then copy it over that dump file and then save it with the same settings the original had. I know it can get confusing...

Wait, didn't GlimmerAD give you a copy of his files?

Hi
yes he shared the textures of the mod. but in the case I'm trying to extract and convert textures from other mods. But when extracting with TPF Extractor the textures appear with different names. Whenever I resolve a question, another appears soon after. These mods do not like me :confused::confused::grin::grin:

fonglee

Content Creator
Yeah, don't bother with the bump map for ROTTR, it won't use it anyway I just put it up in case someone wanted to modify AOD itself.

Ok, I think I'm getting you a little confused here and for that I'm so sorry. ROTTR uses a texture file that is right side up, AOD uses one that is upside down and my PSD files were for AOD. So that means IF you are modding the file from the first page of this topic, it's already the way it should be. However, IF you use my PSD from a few posts above to save you some time editing, you WILL need to flip it vertically before saving, hope that clears it up for you.

Yes, you should auto generate mipmaps, but what do you mean by a completely black texture? In windows explorer, or photoshop or in game?:wat:

Oh shit, now I know what you mean by black texture! :oops: I gave you the wrong setting to save as...oops. It should've been
Texture Type: color
Compression: BC1 4bpp (sRGB, DX10+)

Here's how my PSD files look in game with those layers turned off.
AOD.jpg

And here they are already saved, first one is with the shorts, second is nude.

Attachments

4445924.dds
682.8 KB · Views: 139

4445924.dds
682.8 KB · Views: 139

Last edited:

fonglee

Content Creator
Hi
yes he shared the textures of the mod. but in the case I'm trying to extract and convert textures from other mods. But when extracting with TPF Extractor the textures appear with different names. Whenever I resolve a question, another appears soon after. These mods do not like me :confused::confused::grin::grin:

So she no longer has a tan, awesome! :grin:
Yeah the names of the files you extract from a TPF don't matter at all, just ignore what they are called. All you need is the number from it's corresponding file in your resorep dump from the game, because that's the file you need to overwrite with the extracted one.

BoobsLover

Casual Client
So she no longer has a tan, awesome! :grin:
Yeah the names of the files you extract from a TPF don't matter at all, just ignore what they are called. All you need is the number from it's corresponding file in your resorep dump from the game, because that's the file you need to overwrite with the extracted one.
where I find this Dump folder?

fonglee

Content Creator
where I find this Dump folder?

You have to make one using resorep, open resorep the same way you would if you wanted to add a new game and down at the bottom of that window there's a tab called 'Advanced Settings' click on it. That opens a new window where you can 'Enable mod creator mode' and then click OK. You can also change the directory where you want save the original textures to if you wish at the very bottom. Then close resorep and start playing the game for a while, not really sure for how long, I choose to save the original files on my other computer so that I could keep an eye on the hard drive activity to tell when it was done dumping files. I would give it at least a half an hour though. Oh and don't forget to open resorep after you finish making the dump to shut creator mode off again, it really makes the game quite sluggish.

The best thing about doing this is it will dump only the resolution of textures that you are using so anything you convert or make yourself is going to work on your system.:grin:

Last edited:

BoobsLover

Casual Client
You have to make one using resorep, open resorep the same way you would if you wanted to add a new game and down at the bottom of that window there's a tab called 'Advanced Settings' click on it. That opens a new window where you can 'Enable mod creator mode' and then click OK. You can also change the directory where you want save the original textures to if you wish at the very bottom. Then close resorep and start playing the game for a while, not really sure for how long, I choose to save the original files on my other computer so that I could keep an eye on the hard drive activity to tell when it was done dumping files. I would give it at least a half an hour though. Oh and don't forget to open resorep after you finish making the dump to shut creator mode off again, it really makes the game quite sluggish.

The best thing about doing this is it will dump only the resolution of textures that you are using so anything you convert or make yourself is going to work on your system.:grin:

i will try. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.