Read Dead Redemption 2 Controversy , I don't like the look of it (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
For those who weren't aware , There is a big controversy surrounding Red Dead Redemption 2 , As we know in the game u are free to do whatever u want to do to NPCs in whatever game supports , be it beating them up or robbing them or tying them up ...etc no matter the gender or NPC character

The controversy arised when someone made a youtube video titled "Red Dead Redemption 2 - Beating Up Annoying Feminist " which is at 1.2M views and triggered a conflict between Anti-Feminist who liked the video and people who are against it , the person who made the video said the following to the news outlet asking him

I know you're probably expecting some political answer but the truth is it was simply a funny moment from one of my streams which I've decided to upload as a separate video," they said. "Not sure if it was intentional by Rockstar Games but the NPC is made to be rather annoying, when you try to shop for clothing in the game, your dialogue with the shop keeper keeps being interrupted by her shouting, so I simply wanted to shop in peace, I'm sure that as a gamer you're familiar with these annoying NPC situations.

Up until now nothing concerns me Ryona wise and overall it is just a conflict between Anti and Pro feminist , but something in the article that first reported this and every one is sourcing from them is concerning me

That doesn't mean Rockstar Games endorses that type of behavior, nor that Red Dead Redemption 2 endorses punching feminists, but it's worth thinking about what these open worlds allow players to do, why, and how they correspond with what's happening in the real world.
It's important to note that despite Red Dead Redemption 2 giving players a lot of choice in how they approach situations and many activities to partake in (hunting, poker, fishing), it doesn't literally let them do anything, nor does it let them avoid certain actions. Arthur Morgan, the protagonist and player character, can't just retire and become a school teacher on some remote frontier town. The player can't decide, for example, to roleplay the game as an aspiring pianist. It's a game about outlaws, and players can decide if they want to be kind-hearted, conflicted outlaws or outright psychopaths, but they're going to be robbing and shooting people either way.
This means that despite any thoughts that Rockstar Games might have about Shirrako’s video, the ability to punch and kill a suffragette in Red Dead Redemption 2is something that the studio deliberately chose to put into the game. Players can't, as far as I can tell, sleep with sex workers, even when they offer their services , Rockstar Games also chose not to include the ability to kill children in Red Dead Redemption 2, despite it being unrealistic. These are conscious choices about what limitations to put on the player.
I don't think video games alone can be blamed for real-world violence, but they are a part of our cultural infrastructure that allows someone to roleplay as an anti-feminist murderer a very real, ongoing problem in the real world, upload a video of it to YouTube for profit, and allow others to use that video as a jumping off point to discuss how much they hate women in the real world.

What we can gather from this quotes is , The article says if Rockstar can prevent certain actions in their sandbox open world game like not having Sex with sex workers or beating up children , then they could had prevented beating up or doing action against Certains NPCs ( feminist in their case ) ,

what concerns me here Ryona Wise , If it will start by preventing Feminist NPC to have an action against them in this game , then it will evolve by time to be preventing All women NPC to have action against them in future games , As the same arguments used in the article for Feminist NPC could be applied to Women NPC about Gamers abusing the system and blaming Rockstar for including that option , or even it could evolve bigger and bigger to reach any female character even enemies and Main characters

Here is the article for anyone interested

‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ Players Are Excited to Kill Feminists in the Game

Just worth noting to keep you updated with this ( but it isn't my main goal of the thread ) , After several and Big outrages from the ones who didn't like the video , Youtube deleted the video , but the channel owner played it smart here

wNAypVSl.jpg

So the person got the channel back again after this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.