Mercy Hair from Overwatch (1 Viewer)

M

MooJin

Hello friends, if your lives have been overrun with the release of Overwatch as mine has, I'd imagine a lot of you love the wonderful "plot" of Overwatch.

That being said, here's my request for Mercy, the only support I enjoy playing. I do like WidowMaker (who doesn't), but there are rumors from user stuntcock someone is making the hair mod, and I'd rather not fill in two requests for the same hair. We'll just have to wait for whenever the mystery man decides to release the hair. User skymastolf66 has already done a great job on Tracer's hair, so if you like her, be sure to check it out.

An issue that I found while looking for reference pics is that Mercy's signature hair has a large bang parted to the right side of her face, making a lot of profile shots done by fans (and official art) viewed from her left side of her face. This will probably cause issue for whomever takes on this request because SDT has the character viewed on their right face. It might even cause no one to take on this request.

I've added screenshots from the game, I know 2D references are preferred, but I just wanted some "official" profile shots. I hope no one minds. Taking a screenshot of the right side of her face made me realize why all the artwork of her is from the good side of her face.

Here are some ideas to remedy this pretty large issue:
1. Go full anime and make her bangs not cover her face, but rather, just extend quite a ways away?
2. Go for creative liberties and make her bangs on her left side of her face?
3. Just have her bangs cover her face :( (frowny face because I like her eyes/skin).

Do note these are just my suggestions, and in no way demanding any of these be done. Also important, it appears to be some people claim Mercy's hair to be white, while others claim it be really bright blonde. Conflicting official art doesn't help with this, but in game it's a bright blonde, so bright it's almost white. I added a poll just for kicks.

Anyone who makes this hair (or even attempts to) will be my hero, and remember,

"Heroes Never Die!"

Cheers!

IG Front.png IG Left.png IG Right.png FanartB.jpg FanartBJ.png FanartG.gif FanartL.jpg FanartN.jpg OfficialArt.jpg

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
The issue you're having here reminds me a lot of the concern had with Winter over in the RWBY request thread. Winter is in the same boat as Mercy, more or less: both characters have hairstyles which cover the right side of their face.

As Stuntcock suggested shortly after this concern was brought up, there is a relatively straightforward workaround: we use Mirrored Mode.

In case you're unaware, there is an option in the settings to "mirror" the game.

Akjb5Nn.png

When this setting is turned on, the game looks like this:

59rrXZ7.png

Do note that in this mode, the inputs are mirrored as well - meaning that you move the mouse left to make the girl put the guy's dick in her mouth.

This allows us to then make a mod for a girl whose hair is on the right side of her head without issues. The mod would make it look like the hair is on the left side of her face normally. One could either accept this continuity error or simply swap to mirrored to get it to look right.
Sort of like this:
XlUIA3b.png

I'd like to take a moment to say a few things about this mod. It's my first hair mod for SDT, so I apologize if you think it seems sorta low quality. Practice makes perfect, after all.

With "covering my ass" out of the way, onto notes about the mod itself. I would have liked and preferred if I could make the black "wrap" go farther on her head, but my attempts to do so using this template did not work out well. It wouldn't move with her mouth when she talked or when her mouth moved to accommodate the guy's penis.

I believe that it IS possible to get this to work, but it would require using a different template. The template I have used allows this mod to be compatible with MoreClothing, which I believe to be best in case someone ever tries to use this down the line to make a dialogue (i.e. a team celebrating a victory where there's at least 2 separate girls who have to be swapped between - this is far easier to accomplish if the costumes and hairs are incorporated into MoreClothing IMO).

I will also say that I MIGHT be making a costume mod for Mercy down the line, but there's no guarantees. I'll probably make another post to this thread if I do that though, since it directly relates to the interests of those who have posted in this thread and those who are watching it.

Attachments

• Overwatch Mercy Hair Preview.png
    Overwatch Mercy Hair Preview.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 918
Overwatch Mercy Hair.swf
8 KB · Views: 1,585

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Mercy said:
Heroes never gag!

j0w16fh.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS MOD REQUIRES THE LOADER TO USE.
Costume link can be found here: Mercy Costume

The above can be achieved either by (A) loading the hair and costume individually or (B) using the Mercy.swf in the following .zip file: Mercy.zip
Note that the .zip file includes a folder that you can drop into your Mods subfolder of the Loader so you can invoke Mercy more or less at your whim (once you add the proper line to the CharacterFolders.txt file first).

A couple of notes about the costume:
  1. I had originally wanted the point at the top of her chest to expand farther outwards, but when I had it go onto the breasts it started looking weird and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to fix it.
  2. I took a couple of minor liberties for the sake of simplicity in making this. For example, only one wing is visible (even though the side shots of Mercy from in-game show both visibly). I believe we can suspend disbelief, as it is possible that both are in-line with each other. The in-game shots are not perfect side shots (where she would be "standing at attention" I suppose), sort of like how a Warframe "side shot" still has the character standing a bit skewed (one leg more in front). If nothing else, the 5th image linked in the OP of this thread should show both wings (or both of Mercy's hands for that matter) but doesn't. And that image was a massive part of my inspiration to even start this in the first place, given how perfect of a shot it was to work off of. So I assumed we could pretend/imagine her wings are layered just right to only show 1 from a "perfect" side angle.
  3. I would have included the black wrap that goes around her neck, but it would break immediately upon her trying to deepthroat a dick so I decided to leave her neck bare. It's sort of like the issue I had with that area for the hairstyle.

Last edited:

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
The Download section of the site has everything you need: Static Hair!

To SanicDaeOh SanicDaeOh 's credit, he was asking about a .png version as opposed to a .swf. I only made a .swf version because I made it in Adobe Animate (as opposed to methods used by other people; I used Animate because it's the only program I currently have that does stuff for SDT and I was too lazy to get another). However, I am unaware of whether or not this will cause issues (i.e. I know SDT recognizes hair.png as a file name but I am unaware if it will also register hair.swf).

If hair.swf isn't a filename recognized by the game, you can do 1 of 2 things to circumvent the issue:
  1. Take the Mercy Hair and rename it to char.swf. This filename is recognized by SDT and can be used in custom folders to automatically load certain files. However, it will only include the hair; the costume is separate. Thus, this option would give you Mercy but she would be naked (like she is in the first post I made in this thread).
  2. A remedy to the issue with option #1: I've made a combination .swf which includes both the hair and costume in a single .swf file. Using this as the char.swf in a custom folder would supply both the hair and costume and not require more advanced methods to load in both automatically (i.e. using a Mods.txt file). Note that I only host the combo .swf offsite as I have uploaded the hair and costume as separate mods already; I saw no need to upload a third file that was the same as 2 other files already on the site.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
If it is to use with Vanilla (i.e. not the Loader), the SWF hair works without problems, just click the SWF mod... button instead of the Hair... one in the Modding tab.
The outfit has some problems with Vanilla, the arms are bare:

IWk7jaM.png

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
The outfit has some problems with Vanilla, the arms are bare:

It's a Loader mod. Updating my post with that info now.

The actual download in the Resource Manager notes that it is a Loader mod, so that one doesn't need to be updated I feel. The most I'd be able to do is to add it to the title but I feel like that isn't necessary.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It's a Loader mod.
I know that, I just tried both mods with Vanilla, because if SanicDaeOh asked for a PNG mod, it is probably to use it with Vanilla.
Some people are not confortable with the Loader, or just lazy to learn how it works (like me :tongue:).

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
And I thought I was a necromancer. Only explanation I can think of is that you might not actually be using the loader.

When you start the game, are you running Loader.swf? Additionally, which version of the mod are you using - the costume standalone or the costume/hair combination mod?

I just tested it using the version I've submitted (to ensure it's the public build - I didn't change anything from it since publishing it but I prefer safe over sorry) and it looks to be working fine beyond some limitations that exist within the confines of SDT itself (or more specifically, with my personal method of drawing the stuff).

Only possible explanation I can think of would be that you're running SDT.swf rather than Loader.swf - just having the Loader downloaded won't make the standard SDT file run Loader stuff. You need to run Loader.swf specifically.

Athanasios

Potential Patron
And I thought I was a necromancer. Only explanation I can think of is that you might not actually be using the loader.

When you start the game, are you running Loader.swf? Additionally, which version of the mod are you using - the costume standalone or the costume/hair combination mod?

I just tested it using the version I've submitted (to ensure it's the public build - I didn't change anything from it since publishing it but I prefer safe over sorry) and it looks to be working fine beyond some limitations that exist within the confines of SDT itself (or more specifically, with my personal method of drawing the stuff).

Only possible explanation I can think of would be that you're running SDT.swf rather than Loader.swf - just having the Loader downloaded won't make the standard SDT file run Loader stuff. You need to run Loader.swf specifically.

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response - Awfully sorry about my abuse of the dark arts, but this seemed like the only relevant thread on the subject as I have yet to encounter this bug with other .swf costumes.

I am 110% clicking Loader.swf when I open the game, and I am 99.9% sure that I the loader works too, as I am running various loader-specific e.g. Animtools and Dynamic hair (I believe that's loader specific?).

I tried both the combination and the standalone, and the bare arms persisted - I tried a couple other costumes with similar features, and neither of them have the bare-armed bug, so I find myself at a bit of a loss :x

I've seen the bare-arm bug a couple of times before, but then it would be linked to loading a costume to replace another, somehow not interracting well, but restarting the loader and loading aforementioned costumes/hair on the base template fixed the issue, but in this particular case it seems to want to persist really badly.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Hmm. Odd. Could you tell me exactly what you're doing to make this bug occur? Example: are you trying to load it via Moreclothing, or are you importing the mod directly from the Import menu? Are you imposing it over another mod, or a blank template (i.e. you go to the leftmost menu and hit the reset button that defaults everything)? I want to see if I can reproduce it, maybe figure out just what's happening. That or maybe your explanation would be enough for someone else more well-versed with this sort of stuff to spot what the issue is. Reminds me almost of a back-and-forth I had with someone once on here where we couldn't figure it out until I just gave him a copy of what I was working on and he spotted the issue very quickly.

Granted, we really don't need to do that here - there's no sense in you uploading anything on this anyways, as I doubt that it'd be a file issue. If it was, it'd mean either something's wrong in your Loader or other mods (i.e. Moreclothing somehow messing with it - also doubtfu), or somehow your copy of the Mercy costume(s) have corrupted in some way. If this was on my end I imagine I'd have heard a lot about it already, so I think that it isn't a corruption on my side of things.

Athanasios

Potential Patron
[...] so I think that it isn't a corruption on my side of things.

Definitely never was, as I was apparently just bad at reading through Sby's mod thread when I was looking for a fix, my bad - and thanks for your time!

You need the file TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf. Get it here. Include it in your Mods/$INIT$ folder so that it will be automatically loaded during startup.

That did the trick - guess I should look more closely next time before reaching out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.