Mass Effect Fiction: Miranda Lawson - The Limits Of Loyalty (1 Viewer)

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
There's a mission in Mass Effect 3 where Miranda Lawson is being stalked by Kai Leng at some facility. Fortunately (or not, depending on your viewpoint), I was able to rescue her. Of course, I thought about what might happen to Miranda if Kai Leng had more time to play around with her so here's a similar scenario I wrote up to facilitate my fantasy. This one took me forever, for some reason. Ah, well. Miranda rules!

Miranda Lawson - The Limits Of Loyalty

art-mass-effect-miranda-lawson-cabins-bed-Cerberus-a-girl-600x375.jpg

Shards of glass crunched under Kai Leng’s boot moments after entering the facility. Bodies were strewn all about and the casualties favoured the invading forces. For every defeated Cerberus soldier, there looked to be a dozen dead members of the opposition: security, scientists, even civilians. Kai Leng grinned. He wouldn’t say it, but he was impressed by the efficiency with which his men were operating.

“Kai Leng, sir!” One of the Cerberus operatives hurried to give him a status report. They simply referred to him by name as he held no official title within the organization. He stood at attention, which Kai Leng found amusing.

“Cease your formalities. Give me an update.”

“Enemy forces are estimated to be around 10% strength. Numerous assets are currently being evaluated and collected. We have our best tech people infiltrating their network. The facility is completely compromised.”

Kai Leng’s expression didn’t change. “Lawson.” When the operative didn’t respond, Kai Leng had to repeat himself. He hated doing that. “Lawson! Where is she?”

“We have her isolated, but...”

“But what?”

“She’s...she’s already neutralized three squads, sir.”

“What about the special preparations? Don’t tell me that you fools messed that up!”

“No! We implemented your strategy exactly as you asked, but even then...”

Kai Leng shoved the operative to the side. “Perhaps it needs more time to...no, it can’t wait,” he muttered to himself. “My men have already taken too long.” He turned back to the operative. “Take me to her.”

“Back off!” Miranda yelled. Her palm rose as she channeled her biotic powers at one of a seemingly endless number of Cerberus troops. The air seemed to shimmer as her target was splattered against the wall with a biotic slam. With her other hand, she gripped a pistol and fired at another cluster hiding behind some debris. One shot managed to clip a Cerberus invader in the head, dropping him instantly and causing the others to reconsider engaging the femme fatale.

As capable as she was, Miranda knew that she couldn’t keep this up forever. Eventually the sheer numbers would overwhelm her and then all she could do was make sure they didn’t take her alive. She’d sent out a distress signal over an hour ago, but it would be difficult for any ship to get through if Cerberus had set up a perimeter. There was only one ship that she trusted to break through no matter what.

Even worse, she was exhausted; the internal cooling devices of her skin-tight suit were working overtime, but a layer of sweat was visible on her face and neck. Her hair, normally immaculate, looked disheveled and stuck to her forehead. Every use of her biotic powers was like running a marathon on Dekuuna. She didn’t usually get tired this quickly. Either she’d been working too hard lately or she was getting too soft. This is what happens when Shepard isn’t around to whip you into shape, she thought to herself.

There was a lull in the action and Miranda could hear a discussion, though she couldn’t make out any of the details. If these bastards think I’m going to sit here patiently while they strategize, they’ve got another thing coming. She rolled out of her hiding spot prepared to blast the first enemy she saw...but the room was empty. A clatter of footsteps indicated that the troops were retreating. Miranda couldn’t believe it. Maybe she wouldn’t need rescuing after all.

A slow clapping caused Miranda to tense up and she readied her weapon again. “Alright, quit playing around! If you’re eager to join the rest of these corpses then feel free to poke your head out so I can put a round in it.”

“Have I ever told you how much I love that accent? It makes you sound so tough and yet...so exotic.”

“Kai Leng.” Miranda said, only somewhat surprised. “Too bad you’re not my type.”

“I’d say the same to you, Lawson.” Kai Leng’s voice seemed to be coming from the shadows themselves and it was impossible for Miranda to suss out his position. She wheeled around sharply as he continued: “For example, I prefer my women to be alive...which I’m sorry to say, you won’t be after I’m finished with you.”

Miranda knew of Kai Leng’s reputation as the deadliest assassin in the galaxy. She wasn’t intimidated. Dozens of wannabe killers had attempted to make their name off of her in the past and they all ended up as dust. She figured he would be no different. “Come on then, what are you waiting for?”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk...so eager to die. I don’t understand people these days. Look, dead or alive, you’re coming with me. You’ve stirred up too much trouble with Cerberus for me to leave you here, but I can at least guarantee you’ll live to fight another day if you just cooperate.”

“Cooperate how?”

“You insult me, Lawson. You think I don’t know about the distress call that was broadcast from this facility? You think I don’t know about your old friends on the Normandy possibly coming to rescue you? You think I don’t know about your closeness with the high and mighty Commander Shepard?”

It was hard to hide the emotions on her face. Miranda made sure to have her back to a wall. She suspected that Kai Leng was setting her up for a sneak attack. “Damn it, Kai Leng! Show yourself!”

From a nearby perch, Kai Leng smirked. “I find it difficult to negotiate when someone is threatening me with a hand cannon.” Miranda caught the flash of a dagger out of the corner of her eye but before she could react it had already stabbed through her weapon and pinned it to the wall. “Now then,” Kai Leng said, dropping down into the centre of the lab. “Let’s talk like two civilized beings.”

Miranda stuck to the wall, never taking an eye off of Kai Leng. Despite the break in combat, her biotic powers were waning. Something was seriously wrong. Kai Leng approached with his hands behind his back. Miranda focused her thoughts and raised her hand to freeze Kai Leng in his tracks but nothing happened.
“Let me guess. Your biotic powers aren’t responding. I admit I may have something to do with this predicament you’re in. I’ve had a spy working here for months and one of his tasks was to introduce an experimental chemical agent into this facility that would interfere with those who have biotic abilities. Of course, you wouldn’t notice until you had to use them and you’ve had to use them quite a bit on this day, haven’t you?”

He’s right,
Miranda thought. Whatever they’ve done, I can’t generate enough force to push a pencil right now. “You might be used to hurting innocent women and children, but I assure you I’ll prove more formidable than that.” Undaunted, Miranda took on a martial arts stance. She had been genetically engineered to perfection and she was nearly as deadly unarmed as she was with a gun; however, she’d never fought someone like Kai Leng before.

“Shepard is coming,” Kai Leng said, not skipping a beat. “But I don’t want to be here when your friend arrives. I want to be up there. On the Normandy.”

“Escape pods are down the hall.”

“Don’t be stupid!” Kai Leng snapped at her. He was losing patience. “You have the docking codes for the Normandy. When the ship arrives and contacts the station, you will tell the crew that the situation is under control and that you and others here need medical assistance. You will then input the code and my men and I will give Commander Shepard a warm welcome. Cooperate and I assure you that you’ll have a comfortable bed and a nice, shiny pot to piss in.”

“Take one step closer and I’ll rip your throat out.”

Kai Leng let out an exaggerated sigh. “As you wish, Lawson. How about instead I beat on you until the codes spill out of your bloodied mouth?”

With the assassin closing on her, it was now or never for Miranda. She threw two slicing karate chops that he avoided, but a follow-up kick caught him solidly on his side. He missed with a counter back hand as Miranda maintained good head movement. She worked his body with some short hooks and then rocked him with a spinning back elbow to the head! Were it not for his mask and armor, the fight might have ended then and there. “You were saying?” She taunted.

He attacked with a low kick of his own, which Miranda was able to dodge. Planting his foot, moved in and got a hold of her wrist. They struggled and Miranda chopped at his arm to get free. She slipped out and he shoved her in the back, nearly causing her face to run into the wall. Chunks of metal sprang into the air as Kai Leng’s fist narrowly missed Miranda’s skull. She ducked and rolled past him, allowing herself a short sigh of relief. If he gets his hands on me, I’m screwed.

Kai Leng stomped on Miranda’s leg as she attempted a sweep kick then he missed with a big axe kick as she switched to evasive mode. Again, his heel left a dent and the villain could sense it was only a matter of time until he landed a kill shot. Miranda scrambled back to her feet and caught Kai Leng with a straight right that seemed to stagger him...but it was a move designed to lull her into a false confidence. Targeting the throat, Miranda flattened her hand like a knife and looked to damage one of the few exposed sections on Kai Leng’s body. His cold hand snatched her at the elbow and her fingernails fell inches short of his neck.

“Ah ah ah,” Kai Leng said, wagging a finger at her. A sharp tug on the arm drew her forward and he buried his knee in her midsection. A second knee flew upwards at her chin, stiffening her and dulling her senses. “My turn.” Her arm was twisted and trapped in his arm pit, leaving her helpless against Kai Leng’s punches. His knuckles pounded her face repeatedly and when it was clear she wasn’t fighting back, he let go of her arm and loaded up for his next attack. A looping right hand caught her in the temple and she crumpled to the ground.

Miranda actually blacked out for a second and when the lights came back on, her skull was throbbing and she was staring at the floor. She had to fight the urge not to vomit. When Kai Leng started to talk, it sounded like his words were coming through a malfunctioning speaker.

“Now then...about those codes.”

Miranda smirked. “1...2...3...4...5...gosh, I can’t remember...what comes next...doubt you’ll be able to...crack the code either...” She wanted to make him mad, anything to distract him, maybe get him to make a mistake. It only made him more focused.

Taking Miranda by the chin, Kai Leng forced her to stand. She tried a couple of punches that he easily deflected then he brought her face to face with him. “I’m so happy you’ve chosen the hard way.” Kai Leng gave her a light shove then snapped a furious kick at Miranda’s head, his boot creating a loud thud against her prominent cheekbones. The hit took Miranda’s legs out from under her and she felt like she was fighting in zero gravity. It was a feeling that was dispelled as her head, back and limbs smacked against the unforgiving ground.

FaceKick1.png

Kai Leng looked down on her sexy, defeated body. He gathered some saliva and spit on Miranda’s chest, drawing a moan from the biotic mistress. She lay spread eagle at his feet. “In my travels,” he said, “I’ve learned hundreds of ways to extract information. I could have my men bring me some psychotropic drugs that might loosen those lips, not unlike the chemicals that neutralized your biotics...but where’s the fun in that? I could strap you to a chair and go to work with razor nails and a laser torch, but it would be a crime to deface a work of art.” Miranda couldn’t move a muscle and she was forced to deal with the dreadful sensation of Kai Leng devouring her with his eyes.

He grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her to her knees. In a last ditch effort to protect herself, she took a wild swing that flicked off his shoulder. He kicked his right leg out tripping her while driving her into a desk. Contact was made at an awkward angle just beneath her jaw, viciously snapping her head and neck back. Any other woman might have been paralyzed, but Miranda was as tough as they come.

FaceSmash2.png

“Unlike some people, I know how to have a proper conversation.” Wrapping an arm around Miranda’s waist, Kai Leng lifted the lifeless beauty off the ground. He looked down at her and smiled before quickly slamming across his knee with a backbreaker.

image00128.png

“Eeeeyaaah!” She cried out.

“Don’t worry about the codes for now, Lawson. I can’t imagine talking is too easy right now, what with your spine being fractured in at least three places. Believe me, I felt it. And to think...” Kai Leng hissed, “...we’re only getting started.”

Miranda was tossed aside and tumbled along the floor before coming to a rest facedown. Kai Leng reclined against the desk, giving her time to recover. He relished his victim’s struggles. “Where is your fire now?” He asked. Kai Leng peeled Miranda off the floor and locked her in another exquisite submission hold. Her arm was wrenched painfully behind her in a chicken wing position and her face was twisted in the opposite direction with Kai Leng’s steely fingers digging into her flesh. Her legs slid clumsily beneath her as she was straddled, unable to gain any footing.

image00133.png

“Mmmmpph! Nnnuuuuh!” The torturous hold drew more noises that were music to Kai Leng’s ears.

“What’s that? You’re done resisting? Let’s hear it then...”

Miranda gasped as Kai Leng eased up for a few precious seconds. “N...never!” He put the screws to her again turning her moans into a full throated scream. Her shoulder was on the verge of popping out of its socket and the tendons in her neck were stretched to their limit. Kai Leng was impressed by how long she was holding out. He was tempted to tear her head off, but thought better of it.

Kai Leng dragged Miranda over to a more open section of the lab and cast her down disdainfully. He planted a thick boot on the back of her neck, slowly pressing down, savouring every laboured movement as she writhed underneath him. Her resistance had been both infuriating and madly entertaining to the sadistic assassin and he forgot all about his mission. All he knew now was that he wanted Miranda to suffer.

The next elaborate stretch began with Kai Leng taking Miranda’s feet and thrusting them inward towards her butt. He gingerly stepped onto the back of her knees, while simultaneously locking her legs behind his own. Miranda was out of it and Kai Leng was able to secure her arms in his hands just as easily. Rocking back, Kai Leng straightened his own limbs and trapped Miranda in a ceiling hold. “I should...thank you, Lawson...” Kai Leng grunted, “...I haven’t got to use this...*hrng*...in years...can’t think of anyone...*huurh*...more deserving...”

image00138.png

As tricky as the manoeuvre was, the results were worth it. Miranda was breathless as she was elevated into the air, every inch of her body begging for mercy. Her cries were cut short as he pumped his arms and legs and brought them closer together, alternating between bouncing and bending his hated enemy. She’d only heard about moves like this and how dangerous they could be, never imagining that she’d ever endure one firsthand. It was impossible for her to form a coherent thought, but one image kept flashing through her mind...

“Shuuuh...ssssh...Shephard!” she finally yelled.

“Shepard?!? To hell with Shephard!” Kai Leng replied angrily. He modified the hold and tilted forward then he used one of his arms to choke Miranda. With her neck ensnared in his armpit, Miranda’s body contorted at an insane angle and her genetically enhanced structure started to creak and groan from the strain. Her already damaged back was ruined further and even with her considerable regenerative gifts, there was no telling if she would ever be the same. Kai Leng poured everything he had into the hold, ignoring the sickening sounds coming from all over the broken woman. “I’m never...*HRRRAAH*...never letting this go...Lawson...!”

image00140.png

The brutal attack was interrupted by crackling static and a booming, but muffled voice. “...randa...come in...ckkkkkkk....Miranda....ssssss...Normandy...Shephard...”

That was all Kai Leng had to hear to snap him out of his haze. He detached himself from Miranda, letting her mangled form slump to the floor. His demeanour reverted back to cool and calm as if he hadn’t just annihilated another living creature. “Excuse me, I have to take this call.” He kicked a chair out of the way and pressed a button to open communications. “Commander Shephard of the Normandy. So good to see you. Your old friend Miranda Lawson and I were just talking about you.”

“Kai Leng! You...where’s Miranda?”

“I should have known you’d want to see her. Let’s see what we can do to accommodate.” A simple command relayed the feed from the laboratory security cameras back up to the Normandy.

Shephard looked on in horror as Cerberus guards surrounded Miranda, who was showing few signs of life. Things got worse when they picked her up and started pounding on her without pity. “You cowards! If you lay another hand on her, I promise you that my crew and I will make you regret it a hundred times over!”

The time for subterfuge was over. Codes or no codes, Kai Leng and Shephard were on a collision course. “Come on then, Commander.” Kai Leng said, walking back over to Miranda who was now in the clutches of his troops. He gave her a satisfying slap on the ass, never taking his eyes off of the camera, staring down Shephard from thousands of miles away. A snap of the fingers signalled his men to resume the beating. “Ready when you are.”

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Last Hero

Very, very nice, and as a big fan of Mass Effect, I appreciated this one quite a lot - especially the pictures, awesome touch!

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Well, the pictures are certainly a nice touch. And in their own right, they'd be brilliant.

But let's talk fiction.

Now, I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet(bought it, but swore against playing until I finished 2, and got bogged down with other games), but I'm gonna assume that as an assassin, Kai Leng is no nonsense, no remorse, straight for the kill or K.O, and favours efficiency over personal enjoyment. You had the plot down pact, and the initial fight scene flowed brilliantly. But then when it came to the finish, you fell into what I consider to be standard pitfalls of ryona fiction.

I love backbreakers and wrestling submission holds as much as the next guy does. But I feel that they only work well within certain scenarios and characters. Unfortunately, I feel this is not the case here. I'm sorry, but I have a tough time imagining someone like Kai Leng breaking character in the middle of a combat zone to enjoy a stretchathon with Miranda. I could've enjoyed the moves more in another scenario, such as Miranda being humbled in an unarmed training session.

But hey, as we all know, I'm a stickler for context. Most ryona fans don't care when or where their backbreakers come from. Just as long as they get em. And to that effect, you've delivered superbly.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Well, the pictures are certainly a nice touch. And in their own right, they'd be brilliant.

But let's talk fiction.

Now, I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet(bought it, but swore against playing until I finished 2, and got bogged down with other games), but I'm gonna assume that as an assassin, Kai Leng is no nonsense, no remorse, straight for the kill or K.O, and favours efficiency over personal enjoyment. You had the plot down pact, and the initial fight scene flowed brilliantly. But then when it came to the finish, you fell into what I consider to be standard pitfalls of ryona fiction.

I love backbreakers and wrestling submission holds as much as the next guy does. But I feel that they only work well within certain scenarios and characters. Unfortunately, I feel this is not the case here. I'm sorry, but I have a tough time imagining someone like Kai Leng breaking character in the middle of a combat zone to enjoy a stretchathon with Miranda. I could've enjoyed the moves more in another scenario, such as Miranda being humbled in an unarmed training session.

But hey, as we all know, I'm a stickler for context. Most ryona fans don't care when or where their backbreakers come from. Just as long as they get em. And to that effect, you've delivered superbly.

These are certainly legitimate criticisms, but this might come down to a matter of taste. I, for one, am almost..."anti-context" (?) for lack of a better term. For me it's more about aesthetic and the character of the heroine and everything else (as you can see) is malleable, almost to the point of absurdity. In my mind, a fight between a villain and a heroine is always only moments away from breaking into a wrestling match :p So you are not wrong at all in addressing the strangeness of the encounter as it pertains to the Mass Effect fiction.

There is some playfulness and arrogance to the Kai Leng character in ME3, so it's not completely out of the question that he would want to torture Miranda. I tried to mitigate the seemingly irrational shift in behaviour by setting it up as an interrogation (my other favourite scenario next to "the training session", which you mentioned). He couldn't just kill her because he wanted codes to ambush Shephard. Though trite, I considered that to be enough justification. I also wanted to play up his dislike for Miranda and how her fighting spirit might push him to further violence (another common trend in my writing).

Thank you for reading and posting, anotherguttersnipe! Even taking account differences in personal preference, your comments are invaluable and I'll keep them in mind when improving my fiction. Now go finish playing the Mass Effect games!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Never played ME, don't know the characters, but I already got from your writing that Kai Leng is a sadistic S.O.B who shouldn't be messed around with. Great story, just a shame I'd gone to bed 20 minutes before you posted it and couldn't read it that night.

E

endofallthings

Great stuff! Really good to see some more Mass Effect characters getting their just deserts (and the graphics certainly add to the narrative)! It's given me some thoughts about maybe writing about what Kai Leng might do to FemShep when he gets his hands on her...

Phylangan

Potential Patron
OMG this was absolutely amazing. thank you for such a fantastic story and the nice pictures. will you continue it? gonna read your other stories now

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
OMG this was absolutely amazing. thank you for such a fantastic story and the nice pictures. will you continue it? gonna read your other stories now

This was intended as a one-off, but I've had a lot of Miranda on the mind lately for whatever reason so I might do another short story or just some more poses in the future. Thank you for reading!

Phylangan

Potential Patron

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
B

breakher

But let's talk fiction.

Normally I would totally agree with you on the context and breaking of Kai Leng's Character. But as you said so perfectly, Ryona fans often don't care where the backbreakers come from. I'd say I fall into the category :). Let's face it, every Ryona and Mass Effect fan wanted to see this happen to Miranda since the first time she appeared on screen. Kai Leng is almost more of a vehicle than anything - it's easily plausible for him to win the fight, and he's a pure villain. I'm not sure there'd have been a better fit for this setting than him.

I've lurked on this forum for a long time, but this story is so good I had to make a new account (old one vanished) just so I could compliment CrimsonRisk's superb work. This is a particularly great case because of the source material. I love Mass Effect to death, but I have always found my desire for Miranda Ryona extremely distracting. Every time I play I just wish I could import her into a WWE game and spend a few hours bending her in half.

Thankfully, Crimson saved me from having to learn how to code. But seriously, I just want to thank Crimson for his story and his pictures. Glad there are some other folks who knew Miranda Ryona had to be made.

If I may be so bold, I think the next Miranda story we need around here should involve a few angry Krogan. Crimson, I may write something like that as long as I'm not stealing your intellectual property :).

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks for taking the time to read this, breakher. I put a lot of love into it and I was really pleased with how it came out as it was a pure fantasy of mine. Just the words "Miranda" and "WWE" in the same sentence gave me a tingle XD

Please, feel free to do whatever you want with her! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it. I certainly have no claim to any "intellectual property" in regards to Miranda or any of the ME universe. I am but a humble messenger, spreading the word of that bodacious sci-fi booty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.