Mace : The Dark Age (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Mace : The Dark Age [Nintendo 64]

Published : 1997
Genre : Fighting
Ryona value : 3/5

Ryona:
  • Weapon-based game, most fighters wield a sword. Each character also has a projectile move.
  • Blood flies after each hit.
  • Three distinctive female fighters out of a roster of twelve starting and seven secret/boss characters which include a chicken!
  • Unimaginative moves for the most part. Each character has a standing and crouching throw, and in rare cases a special attack throw.
  • Grounded characters cannot be hit (except in rare cases).
  • Stages are 3-dimensional and often have elevation changes. Many also have bodies of water (like pools) some of which cause health loss (with minor electrocution effects) to characters who fall into them.
  • After a character is defeated, she stands dazed for some seconds. During that time, her opponent can perform an "Execution" move on her.

Female Characters:
  • Koyasha is a ninja wielding two longswords. Her crouching grab has her jumping onto her standing opponent, latching onto her with her legs, and dramatically stabbing her onto the ground. Her Execution move is a multiple violent stabbing ending with a kick.
  • Taria is a blonde gladiatrix who wields a very long sword and a long dagger. Her sword attacks are very strong and also has great air moves. Her Execution move is not worth mentioning.
  • Namira is an Arabian Princess dressed like a harem girl who wields an arabian sword. She's got the best kicks in the game. Her Execution move has her kissing her opponent on the cheek, who then turn very small, and are kicked by Namira into her hand and then placed inside a bottle.

Screenshots:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The ryona only gets a 2/5? Seriously, Taria has probably the best ass on a game girl ever. I love smacking the crap out of her.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
For today's standards I'd probably still give this game at least a 3 personally. Probably only because of the bearhug and we all know what I'm like with Waist constiction XD, I found a way to make the move look half decent on the vikings level since the ground is uneven.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I'd probably give it a 3 as well. The effects are pretty bad, but I actually recall the animation having a certain charm to it. I also had a great fondness for Lord Deimos' execution move, which involves him impaling his opponent. It hasn't aged that well, unfortunately.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Well, the moves in this game are quite dull and nothing extraordinary -even the fatalities- so I thought 2/5 was appropriate. However since all three of you agree, the score was updated to 3/5.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Too bad none of the characters has a piledriver of sorts (that I know of anyway.) I'd sort of like to drop Taria on her head a few (dozen) times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.