Looking for someone to extract and put in sprites from Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Editon (1 Viewer)

Icantevenname

Potential Patron
The title says it all. I've requested for a nude mod of the game in another form. Someone is willing to edit the sprites, but he doesn't know how to extract or put in the sprites. Heck, I think he even does things here. The sprites have been extracted onto the Spriter's Resource, but he doesn't seem to trust their quality. Either way, we still need someone who can deal with the sprites. He left some links that could help.

meh2481/wfLZEx

Luigi Auriemma

Don't worry, I've clicked on them before to try to make heads an' tails of 'em (and failed) and they're safe to go to.

Steam Store link Save 10% on Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition on Steam

fx_cine_shantae_pose_10.png fx_cine_risky_pose_1.png fx_portrait_rottytops_1.png fx_portrait_sky_1_alt.png

Felldude

Content Creator
My thoughts.

Best bet would be to find someone with an animation program that does 2D art with skeletal rigging and come close to a recreation of all the animations...Would still likely be 100's of hours of work.

Trying to redraw each sprite would be the other option...assuming 1000 frames of animations at 10 minutes each, that's 160+ hours per character.

Icantevenname

Potential Patron
My thoughts.

Best bet would be to find someone with an animation program that does 2D art with skeletal rigging and come close to a recreation of all the animations...Would still likely be 100's of hours of work.

Trying to redraw each sprite would be the other option...assuming 1000 frames of animations at 10 minutes each, that's 160+ hours per character.

Skeletal Rigging? Like Adobe Animate? Or is it like this other program I know called Spriter?
Oh, and about the workload, Shantae should be easy since the Ultimate Edition comes with a blue bikini outfit for Beach Mode, which ditches the jacket the default red one has. Since Shantae's outfits share a number of sprite sets, editing the blue bikini should help a lot in the long run.

Felldude

Content Creator
Skeletal Rigging? Like Adobe Animate? Or is it like this other program I know called Spriter?
Oh, and about the workload, Shantae should be easy since the Ultimate Edition comes with a blue bikini outfit for Beach Mode, which ditches the jacket the default red one has. Since Shantae's outfits share a number of sprite sets, editing the blue bikini should help a lot in the long run.

I know Moho (Anime Studio) uses rigging not sure about the ones you mentioned, sprite work or even animation in general is not my thing.

The little sprite work I did made me realize how labor intensive it could be.
I want to say one xna file which had about 128 frames/cells of animation took me half a day.

I do think hand drawing would give more natural results, and the bikini texture would speed it up.

Collaboration would difficult but not impossible, I think the game would have enough fan/artist support.
Just posting the converted/extracted sprites and asking artist to remove the clothes but not add any anatomy might be one route.

Icantevenname

Potential Patron
Just posting the converted/extracted sprites and asking artist to remove the clothes but not add any anatomy might be one route.

I already found someone willing to put in the work of editing the sprites. We just need someone to extract and replace the sprites. Know anyone that can do that or a site where I can find someone like that?

Felldude

Content Creator

Icantevenname

Potential Patron
I think you posted the links for the source code.

I found a tool for Wayforward games on xentax that includes both a unpacker and repacker...it might work with Shantae
I don't own the game to test so: (Also exe so use at your own risk)
Also it appears they had some issues with .anb files...and this thread has been dead for two years

games-gen.com/soft/DuckTalesTools.exe
XeNTaX • View topic - DuckTales Remastered (*.PAK) Extractor

Works like a charm, pal! Only problem is that I have no idea what .anb and .pfb are. I oughtta jot this down on my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.