Lip size? (1 Viewer)

checksnbalances

Potential Patron
Hey folks, long-time lurker, first time poster (been floating around since the very beginning).

Something I've not seen anyone else bring up, so I figured I would ask. Is it possible to either:

a) Add a lip-size slider, making them larger or small to match personal tastes (I know this option would be more difficult, since it appears to be a fundamental part of the structure of her head, it all being one piece as far as I can tell, but I'd rather hear it from the expert on such matters)

or

b) Is there a way to fake it with ModGuy's mod loader, by putting a DIFFERENT set of lips over top the existing ones? The only problem I see with this is that none of the hue adjustment and lipstick options would work, I think...

Either way, I was just curious if this was at all possible. If not, no worries. Just that little bit of thing makes it far easier to make the girls seem more varied and customized (particularly if you're wanting one that is say, african-american and so forth).

Thanks in advance.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Would require more than an overlay.
Like the eyebrows mod, the lips would most likely need an animated replacement.
It would also not be possible to simply scale them up as alignments would be off, assuming they're not part of the rest of the head.

checksnbalances

Potential Patron
Thanks for the response Modguy. I knew you would have some insightful input on that. So, just to make sure I'm hearing you right, you're saying that it is possible, you think, but more complex? Do you think that it is worth the effort to do so?

One of the things that bothers me that I've noticed is that when you're zoomed all the way out, they're very, very difficult to see, along with the shininess of the lipstick all but vanishes at that range that I've noticed. I figured being able to adjust the lips in some capacity would at least be able to counter-act being zoomed way out.

I value your input, and keep up the good work.

Oh, and since we're in that general region, I believe I ONCE (I'm not 100% on this, please correct me if I'm wrong) saw someone mention something like lip piercings and/or barbells for her tongue. Are these possible as well?

ModGuy

Content Creator
checksnbalances said:
Thanks for the response Modguy. I knew you would have some insightful input on that. So, just to make sure I'm hearing you right, you're saying that it is possible, you think, but more complex? Do you think that it is worth the effort to do so?

As for whether or not it's possible, that's often not an issue.
I could give it a shot, but will most likely find absolutely no one making mods for it like the eyebrow mod.

checksnbalances said:
Oh, and since we're in that general region, I believe I ONCE (I'm not 100% on this, please correct me if I'm wrong) saw someone mention something like lip piercings and/or barbells for her tongue. Are these possible as well?

The tongue is an animated object so applying any form of overlay would cause misalignment.
It along with the lips would both need to be recreated in the same way as the eyebrows.

So, it's really a case of interest. If enough people care I could try and add the mod.

Renegade

Potential Patron
Modguy this would be a really awseome Idea. Since we just got Oliver Armstrong from FMA it would be a major asset.

After all look at these lips:

[attachthumb=1]

you can't get that in the normal version

Attachments

• olivier_armstrong.jpg
    olivier_armstrong.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,470

Hydra

Potential Patron
Renegade said:
Modguy this would be a really awseome Idea. Since we just got Oliver Armstrong from FMA it would be a major asset.

After all look at these lips:

[attachthumb=1]

you can't get that in the normal version

Dem lips.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Took some time out to work on this.
Managed to get the top lip to work.
The bottom lip is still messing me around.

checksnbalances

Potential Patron
That is great, fantastic even. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Can't wait to see what you have to show for your effort. It is appreciated.

ModGuy

Content Creator
After a lot of trial and error I've found a massive problem.
The lipstick does not align due to it being a seperate movieclip.
This makes things look awful and I'm sure nobody here has any idea as to how they'd go about dynamically aligning it either.

For now, this is on hold until I can come up with a fix.

Renegade

Potential Patron
ModGuy said:
After a lot of trial and error I've found a massive problem.
The lipstick does not align due to it being a seperate movieclip.
This makes things look awful and I'm sure nobody here has any idea as to how they'd go about dynamically aligning it either.

For now, this is on hold until I can come up with a fix.

Alright then, at least you tried. Thanks for your effort :).

Hakkesshu

Potential Patron
Modguy, is it possible to ignore the lipstick layer, as in removing the movieclip? This I'm assuming that the lipstick movieclip is just the highlights on her lips. So, a custom lip would come with a predefined color if the lipstick layer is removed.

BTW, I think the eyebrow mod might have been more useful if you can also mod her eyes. I did some mods to the eyebrow but it doesn't change her look that much. Because the eyebrows and the eyes go hand to hand in most animations.

Patrice

Content Creator
I'd like to see this mod done. ".her.head.face.lipShading" looks good to work on the upper lip. It's the bottom lip that's the trouble. I don't know how to animate. Can someone do an animated replacement or template for this if it's not too difficult?

Zan

Potential Patron
I really hope the issues with this can be resolved, I am very much for this being a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.