Like Father, Like Son, a Diablo Tale (1 Viewer)

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
So figured ID give a quick update since apparently I have certain individuals making side projects on my story (lol totally honored and humbled Weoooo).

I spent some time relaxing (making a mod for Conan Exiles that allows you to spawn out actual decent looking female thralls) and during that have figured out how the scene is going to play out!

Should get around to having the time to *START* doing the work in SBPR this weekend.

OH and P.S.

Its not going to play out like your typical Zako fight you see alot of!

No one in my stories are all powerful, save one exception.

Shit *spoilers*!

Last edited:

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
So I had a hard drive crash that pretty much eliminated all my work that I had saved on this project last year. I apologize for anyone that was following at my hiatus but after losing everything and at the prospect of having to redo all my work I decided to scrap my current work on this project. :frown:

The good news is I haven't been sitting around, (well I have but working while sitting!)

So I have spent the last year deciding on world building and storyboarding for a new project, and worked on having a fun & serious ( Can these go together??? ;) ) and of course sensual Zako universe. I've actually had alot of fun just writing up an outline and have decided to install Koikatsu as my new engine to animate/pose with.

I am currently in the costume design stage having finally finished fleshing out the world lore tonight, and expect to have something out for summer I hope.

I plan to do it in more of a comic book/manga format fitting the engine, with chat bubbles and the like, and maybe even for some of the minor scenes I will add in a few choose your own adventure options (that sounds like it could be fun).

I expect it to be a multiyear hobby and will probably post it to Pixiv as well.

So in the words of Yoshi-P "Please look forward to it."

Kargan3033

Club Regular
So I had a hard drive crash that pretty much eliminated all my work that I had saved on this project last year. I apologize for anyone that was following at my hiatus but after losing everything and at the prospect of having to redo all my work I decided to scrap my current work on this project. :frown:

The good news is I haven't been sitting around, (well I have but working while sitting!)

So I have spent the last year deciding on world building and storyboarding for a new project, and worked on having a fun & serious ( Can these go together??? ;) ) and of course sensual Zako universe. I've actually had alot of fun just writing up an outline and have decided to install Koikatsu as my new engine to animate/pose with.

I am currently in the costume design stage having finally finished fleshing out the world lore tonight, and expect to have something out for summer I hope.

I plan to do it in more of a comic book/manga format fitting the engine, with chat bubbles and the like, and maybe even for some of the minor scenes I will add in a few choose your own adventure options (that sounds like it could be fun).

I expect it to be a multiyear hobby and will probably post it to Pixiv as well.

So in the words of Yoshi-P "Please look forward to it."

Sorry to hear about your HDD crash and thanks for letting us know what happened.

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
Sorry Kargan all I can say. It will not be Diablo based.

But I am putting alot of work into it in fact I've spent more time to date lore building and story boarding then I did on the whole other project combined doing everything.

Last edited:

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Sorry Kargan all I can say. It will not be Diablo based.

But I am putting alot of work into it in fact I've spent more time to date lore building and story boarding then I did on the whole other project combined doing everything.

That's fine, I look forward to seeing what you have created.

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
Costuming going well, slowly.

Here is a look at a female classmate and the MC in school uniform.

Very traditional school look, maybe it will be a normal high school slice of life story! :smile:

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
Still a while away from releasing anything formal. I'm costuming still, and lore building, not to mention rewriting a lot as I come up with new ideas.

To start I plan to use some of the stock school sets in kokatsu but the maker does have the ability to make your own area so hope to do that too.

As to the main story...

I like a lot of the zako and ryona stuff here but frankly as I get older and mature I find that context matters alot to me. I still love alot of the random zako fight artwork but with my inspiration being Agent Aika, Diablo, PC & Console games, D&D and some of the more modern work that alexichabane does on deviantart, I find that having a good story behind what happens matters just as much as the scenes themselves. I really don't like really overbearing ham fisted stuff either, I want somewhat believable characters acting in their self interest and not forced into situations "just because".

Now I've set myself up for the critique it haven't I? (especially after my prior work)

Anyways, for me characters need to end up in the situations they are in because of choices they would have reasonably made; though I'm not saying there wont be psychopaths either. ;)

This means i'm not going to release anything until I am happy with the start of the story. I have a fully built "garden", the start of the story I want to tell in the garden, and I know how its going to start and end; but it needs to setup alot of hooks right for the middle pieces.

Above all I want to make sure it gets told in such a way that if we lived in the universe it actually could make sense!!! Even the "Zako & Ryona" parts.

Thanks,

Zandur

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Still a while away from releasing anything formal. I'm costuming still, and lore building, not to mention rewriting a lot as I come up with new ideas.

To start I plan to use some of the stock school sets in kokatsu but the maker does have the ability to make your own area so hope to do that too.

As to the main story...

I like a lot of the zako and ryona stuff here but frankly as I get older and mature I find that context matters alot to me. I still love alot of the random zako fight artwork but with my inspiration being Agent Aika, Diablo, PC & Console games, D&D and some of the more modern work that alexichabane does on deviantart, I find that having a good story behind what happens matters just as much as the scenes themselves. I really don't like really overbearing ham fisted stuff either, I want somewhat believable characters acting in their self interest and not forced into situations "just because".

Now I've set myself up for the critique it haven't I? (especially after my prior work)

Anyways, for me characters need to end up in the situations they are in because of choices they would have reasonably made; though I'm not saying there wont be psychopaths either. ;)

This means i'm not going to release anything until I am happy with the start of the story. I have a fully built "garden", the start of the story I want to tell in the garden, and I know how its going to start and end; but it needs to setup alot of hooks right for the middle pieces.

Above all I want to make sure it gets told in such a way that if we lived in the universe it actually could make sense!!! Even the "Zako & Ryona" parts.

Thanks,

Zandur

I like your character pics and I can understand about crafting a good story to go with the Ryo/Zako and not just jump into the action but have a back story for the characters and a story leading up to the *Action*, I'm trying my hand at a story and so far I have gotten some good feed back from it.

Like I said I look forward to seeing what you come up with, thank you for your hard work to make this a good site with your stories.

Zanduras

Swell Supporter
Update !

Costuming is complete on - Alvin's Astounding Adventure! - First Act

Now starting the main story phase for it, only a few more weeks hopefully, depending on how much time I get to work on it. Ill try and get it out in smaller chunks if I have to but will still take some time.

Thanks for the feedback Kargan! Hope this entertains you and everyone else here too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.