Kurovadis (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter SirBert
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
Yeah that's the plan but, I don't know where the first boss is.....................

Lemme try to help:

If you've got the wall jump power already, it means you took the low path after entering the factory. Backtrack to the beginning of the factory, and start taking the upper level. You'll know you're going the right way when you run into two of those dick-shaped tentacle monsters that dole out a lot of damage. Once you enter the next room (where there is a fireball sentry between two of those moving spiked walls, you should come across a CON+1, that's when you have to go up. Use the wall jump to get there, and be careful not to get shot. The next bit is tricky; after killing the slime, use wall jump to get onto the left-most platform surrounded by spikes. Once you get up there, you have to get on the moving lift and use the jumping dodge-roll to avoid the spike wall. I find it works best when standing on the left-edge of the moving platform. Once you get over those spikes, you have to be ready to do some repetitive wall-jumping until you can get up. I recommend using the dodge in midair to get more speed crossing back and fourth between the two walls, to prevent losing too much altitude. Get past that and kill the guard, and the fireball turret above, then go to the next room. To the left is a save spot; you'll be heading left to keep going.

This room has two "paths" you can take, the high one and the low one. The low one is generally fraught with non-attacking peril (electric beams and spikes) while the top one has more moving enemies. They both open up to the same place, so take whichever. Keep going forward past the next room (ignoring the plants blocking the way above). In this next room, be careful of the purple patches on the ground, because they're vore-plants you have to struggle out of. There are a lot, but they can be avoided by taking a high path through the room, but then you have to worry about being shot at by these guns on the roof that make + patterns when their shots explode (once they level up with your y axis). At the end of the room is a hole, drop down it and save. This is where you'll find the first boss.

edit: fixed your spoiler tag. They require a header in the opening tag. -detritus

sickle

Potential Patron
Alright, I give up. I got the wall-jump ability but i just can't find where I'm supposed to go now. The only places that seems feasible are blocked by vines. Help?
In the area where you found the wall jump, there are some places you can reach with it. One leads to a boss, I think I remember the path being directly above the place where you get the wall jump but I might be mistaken.

EDIT: DAMN I hadn't noticed there was already a reply! Sorry.

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
Okay, I guess I should have posted my take a while ago when I beat this, but I guess any time works now.

For the $5, I feel it's worth buying. There are three "levels" (though this is does play free-roam as the Metroidvania-style games do). I personally have encountered very few bugs in my adventures. Here's a review:

Graphics 4/5
The pixelated graphics really do work for this game. Unfortunately, the animations where you're punished for getting knocked down are also incredibly small and may not really do anything for you if you can't get past that. However, the game-over scenes are all very nicely done, if the art style isn't 100% consistent from each one.

Gameplay 4/5
The controls are generally pretty sharp and responsive; I was playing this on a PS3 controller, and despite it translating keyboard keys into button-presses (so all digital controls), it was still easy to keep good control of your character. It is very beneficial to become proficient at the acrobatics of this game. Sometimes controls got wonky vis a vi dodging, but that might have just been the controller (since the dodge buttons are "up" and "down"). One of the button commands is incredibly exploitable, particularly in boss fights, which is another reason this only gets a 4.

Sound 5/5
The sound is very fitting, and fits the game. The voice acting is well done.

Overall Experience 4.5/5
I do wish that the game was longer and that there was more to interact with. I also wish that the graphics level could be a little more detailed, though I know that would add some dev time for a one-man team. The much smoother and more functional action makes me define this as a "game with hentai elements" rather than just a "hentai game". The game had it in itself to be difficult enough on the normal setting to be frustrating, and offered power-leveling as a means of getting through any parts one might have trouble with. I would love to see what this guy can come up with next, and that's why I feel we should support his work. If you like the demo, I'd go for it.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Well I can say I am glad I didn't get it, someone sent me the link and indeed my fears have come true about the game (for me personally that is, for my tastes)

As everyone has already said, it's an action game with H-content. While the H-content is cool and I'm glad the content is there (it is satisfying to get some of the content due to how hard it is to get further). You play this game for the game itself and not the H-content.

My main issue however is the difficulty. I am playing on very easy and this game still frustrates me. On top of it, I am completely lost as well as there are so many areas to go and find stuff and no system to keep track of it all so I don't know what I've missed, where I need to go back, etc... The game is also massive which doesn't go to help the fact that I am clueless as to where I need to go and where I have already been (perhaps a teleportation system like Nightmare Sphere uses would have solved this, as well as a map that also shows on it the orbs and such you have found but can't access yet, and the bosses you have defeated and places where there are laser walls/vine walls/etc...)

Lastly, I don't like some of the combos in it, they make it frustratingly fidgety. For example, when you have to to do the roll off wall double jump, god that's annoying, especially since you have to combine it with timing to avoid fire things a-la-Mario and then land on a platform that vanishes before you even have the chance to jump off it!!! So annoying and impossible! My hands or the game does not respond fast enough to make that jump here! On top of it the jumping mechanics are frustrating as hell, as you are expected to do precise jumps but don't have the control needed to perform such jumps!

and lastly my biggest disappointment is the lack of game over screens. Large majority all use the same screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

oni-san

Potential Patron
excuse me for asking, but might someone have a save file before each boss? This game is...just too difficult for me, frankly.

*EDIT* and any idea how to beat the first boss? I'm a little confused.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
excuse me for asking, but might someone have a save file before each boss? This game is...just too difficult for me, frankly.

To beat the first boss you must take down the two shining domes on both sides of the screen, then a hp bar appears and he changes his pattern. After beating him you get the flamethrower

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor

Hit [ENTER] and then use the movement keys to get the curser to your attributes on the left, there you can spent the attribute points you get on each level up; spent most of your points on defense and a few on attack, then the game becomes a piece of cake. I just wished I found this out before I've already beaten the Succubi, would have made the game a lot less frustrating...
Also, check the "save file pattern" on the creator's blog, if the first boss is too tough just increase your attack or the enemies' defense penalty.

edit:
Hm, it seems he's taken that section off of his blog...

Atmey

Potential Patron
Got after the first boss, stuck in the area where you wall jump with electricity, the platforming is so hard.

I plan to buy, anyone knows if the site still works?

shrraga

Potential Patron
Hit [ENTER] and then use the movement keys to get the curser to your attributes on the left, there you can spent the attribute points you get on each level up; spent most of your points on defense and a few on attack, then the game becomes a piece of cake. I just wished I found this out before I've already beaten the Succubi, would have made the game a lot less frustrating...
Also, check the "save file pattern" on the creator's blog, if the first boss is too tough just increase your attack or the enemies' defense penalty.

edit:
Hm, it seems he's taken that section off of his blog...

OMG there's upgradable attributes? I beat the game with Noob attributes? Arrrrrgh! Also, the save pattern page is Kyrieru: Kurovadis Save Pattern

Neon, I had problems with dying too many times on a few parts too... but! I finally figured out how to use cheat engine! First you click the flashing button and select the kurovadis process, change the scan type to all, insert your current health number then click scan. You will come up with around 400,000 matches. Get hit by something in game then put the new number in the box and click next scan, and you will likely end up with 1-2 matches, repeat until only one is left. double click the address in the list and it will show up in the bottom. right click and select hotkeys, choose a key (preferably that is not used in game... I used f6) If you have it toggle freeze your health will not go down and you will only die from sudden death attacks. If you only need a little help you can set it to "set value to" and put your max health. You will have to repeat the process every time you close the game, but can die and reload as many times as you want and still have the hotkey work.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
If you haven't already noticed you can directly jump to a certain room by editing the save game; the link shrraga posted contains the details.

Manzor

Potential Patron
Neon, your main issue is difficulty? I'm a very clumsy player, but despite this, I won the game easily in that difficulty level. You have to use only four or five buttons, counting on the four directional ones! I guess you have not played Assassing's creed, right?

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Neon, your main issue is difficulty? I'm a very clumsy player, but despite this, I won the game easily in that difficulty level. You have to use only four or five buttons, counting on the four directional ones! I guess you have not played Assassing's creed, right?

I play a lot of PC games, it is my job actually :P

Assassin's Creed is one of my favourite franchises. I also have played a lot of old games on the Sega Genesis and many of those were extremely hard but I managed those.

It could be that I am investing my points into the wrong stuff or just having issues with my keyboard for this game - I have a Logitech Illuminated keyboard and I have noticed it can struggle with certain key combinations on other games.

Silverid

Potential Patron
Wonderful game. It really takes the Metroidvania soul, with the Metroid progression and the learning curve and difficult from Castlevania in one game, with bonus H-content. Took about a day to finish it, totally worth. I'm really happy the creator has another game incoming. Gonna enjoy it. :D

leixiaotie

Potential Patron
How do you beat the last boss? (the 3rd one, some fire monster with tentacle)
I can reduce the hp to 1/3 but no more than that. It happen to bring 3 pillars of fire down but i don't know anything for that...

Silverid

Potential Patron
How do you beat the last boss? (the 3rd one, some fire monster with tentacle)
I can reduce the hp to 1/3 but no more than that. It happen to bring 3 pillars of fire down but i don't know anything for that...
Oh, is quite easy. When the pillars fall down, you have to use them to jump in his head and then you use Down+Punch to hit in the crystal. Just be careful to not stay there for too long, after a while, he retakes his attack pattern.

Zee

Potential Patron
Beat the first boss then I found out about the menu to increase stats...

All of that frustration for nothing.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Just going to leave this here, but I finally decided to go ahead and buy the game :P

Bought it directly from his site with more or less no issues (my Kaspersky tried to block it though at first as it thought it was an internet attack into my PC due to it not being a web address but an actual IP address that the game download is hosted on).

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
Hurray! I approve! I hope that his games can support his game-making lifestyle the way he hopes it might, because his game is a lot more solid than many of the games on here. Could do for a lot more "content", though.

His next game is looking even better than this one, and I'll definitely be buying that one once it comes out, which will hopefully be in a few months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.