Kurovadis (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter SirBert
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
S

SirBert

Developed by Kyrieru under the name of "Ouverture Interactive", Kurovadis is a sidescrolling shooter-platformer in "Metroidvania" style with levelling and a good balance between difficulty and fun.

CONTROLS:
Arrows : movements
x: jump
c: shoot weapon
v: meele attack

v+down: ground slam
jump+v+down: rolling ground slam

Enter: weapon selection. stats

WEAPONS:
basic: laser
- flamethrower (dropped by the first boss)
- IceThrower (dropped by the second boss)
- Beam Cannon (found in the last area)

SPECIAL SKILLS
- roll (can avoid enemy attack and give more range to a jump)
- wall jump (can double jump along a wall)
- rolling attack (during a roll the protagonist can damage enemies/smash barriers)

REVIEW
The game is pretty straightforward, the protagonist can jump, shoot with the selected weapon or hit the enemies with a combo of punches, while inactive the weapon charges a blast more powerful and with a wider range, the meele attack on the other hand is charged keeping the attack button pressed . Destroyed enemies can drop medikits or weapon additions, the three nonbasic weapons can be obtained only by defeating the bosses and the special skills can only be found exploring the dungeon.
Killing enemies also fills up the XP of the protagonists that can level up. At each level up, accessing the stats screen the player can distribute two "bonus point" to the protagonist's stats.
Hentai mechanics is the classic ROR+GOR. When knocked down by an enemy the player has to press the movement keys to fill a "get up bar", if the bar is not filled before an enemy catches the protagonist, a rape sequence starts. To escape the rape sequence the mechanic is the same for the get up.
Fortunately there are few "rape attacks" that deal damage, so even if the rape is completed the protagonist is not affected.
When life reaches 0 is game over and a game over screen is shown. Depending on which enemy caused the defeat the GOR picture can vary.

GRAPHICS 8/10: 16bit-esque graphics with a great cure of details. Some rape animations have an unbelievable "fapping value" :D for the graphic platform. Good GOR pictures.
GAMEPLAY 8/10: good metroidvania with some really challenging levels and enemies. And a great deal of enemies, weapons, skills.
SOUND 8/10: believe it or not, the author also made the soundtrack and had the contribution of a voice actress for the protagonists... er... moans. A nice touch.
OVERALL 8/10: The game is real fun. As I happened to say: bad H games are played to lose and see the ROR-GOR, good H games are played to win. And you will play Kurovadis to win! it almost shames to think that there are circles and producers of H-Games out there with years of presence on the market and not a title that comes near to Kurovadis... Kyrieru is a talented gamemaker that plays in the league of the bests: Toffi, Koonsoft and few others.

WHERE TO BUY
To buy the game refer to the creator blog
Kyrieru
Kyrieru: Kurovadis On Sale
A little note about that: NO LINK FOR FREE DOWNLOAD WILL BE EVER PROVIDED BY ME AND I WILL BE GRATEFUL IF NO POSTER ON THIS THREAD ASK/PROVIDES SUCH LINK EITHER.

Why is this? Pretty simple: the game costs 5$ (FIVE DOLLARS!!!) for a whopping 8 hour gameplay (at minimum) and a good replay value.
But there is more, Kyrieru provides as a FREE DEMO the game until the first boss... and it is a long way to go. So you have the opportunity to play the game for free before purchasing.
But there is more. The game has no piracy protection whatsoevere. Kyrieru has stated of having no intention to stop pirating of his game. Kyrieru has made so that IF YOU LIKE HIS GAME you can buy it at a reasonable price and, doing so, you fund HIS NEXT GAME.

So facts are plain and simple: you do not buy this game, you do not support Kyrieru and Kurovadis could be the only game we will ever have from him.
Your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SirBert

would the site accept a wall-mart cash card?

Here where I live we do not have Wallmart, but if the card is a "Visa Electron" prepaid card, I think you can use it to fund a PayPal account (it's what I do, I have double security and half hassle .:relief: )

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Doesn't Kyrieru have an account here? I wonder if he'll be by soon to tell us about this game himself...

Jace Winzor

Potential Patron
Okay, i bought the game and its wonderful, but I am stuck at the 3rd boss. The one in the fire place where you can't jump as high. I get him down to about a 3rd of life left and all of a sudden he becomes invincible and I can't do any damage. 3 platforms drop down from the ceiling and I'm guess im supposed to use them to do damage somehow... I don't know. So, if anyone has gotten as far as I have in the game and knows how to beat the 3rd boss and could give me a hint as to how to do it, that would be so much appreciated it on my behalf. Thanks a lot and I hope you all have enjoyed this game as much as I have. If anyone has not gotten as far as me and is stuck, post on here and i'll do my best to let you know where to go and what to do. tah!

D

dummy

I still stuck after I got the rolling attack ability. I walked around but couldn't find any way to progress yet. Can anybody help?

S

SirBert

Okay, i bought the game and its wonderful, but I am stuck at the 3rd boss. The one in the fire place where you can't jump as high. I get him down to about a 3rd of life left and all of a sudden he becomes invincible and I can't do any damage. 3 platforms drop down from the ceiling and I'm guess im supposed to use them to do damage somehow... I don't know. So, if anyone has gotten as far as I have in the game and knows how to beat the 3rd boss and could give me a hint as to how to do it, that would be so much appreciated it on my behalf. Thanks a lot and I hope you all have enjoyed this game as much as I have. If anyone has not gotten as far as me and is stuck, post on here and i'll do my best to let you know where to go and what to do. tah!

To beat the third and last boss you have to use the three platforms to jump on his head... when you are there just hit him on his head with the ground slam attack (down + melee attack) until he dies.
Compared with the succubus, the last boss was a piece of cake once discovered the trick.

@dummy: it all depends on where you are. If I remember correctly you have to climb up in the mansion until you should be able to return to the exterior where there was rain and Sant Elmo Fires and lightning and go back all the way to the left. From there you should reach a new area in which you enter crashing the big gray crates that bars the way.
Oh, and remember that you have to use the "wall jump" to go up some vertical passages.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
I'm tempted to buy it but don't like to hassle with site errors and such. Also this game is quite hard I've noticed from the demo, perhaps too hard for my tastes (with not enough save points).

So I am also worried about buying it.

Anyway if anyone is willing to share the latest full version I'd appreciate it :)

J

JusticeX88

Great game, like SirBert said, this is an H-game you play to win. The hentai is a nice added bonus and its a fun game to boot. Reminds of me of old-school megaman but better (and harder). I'm usually for posting games here, but I refuse to post this one since: 1)I like Kyrieru, 2) Its a damn good game that deserves to be bought and 3) Its only $5 U.S. Even while in-between jobs, I could spare that much for a good game. Grats the Kyrieru on his first completed game.

Nekodorama

Ryonani Teamster
Just so you know Kyrieru said it's okay to post his game. Even if you pirate it though please still at least donate to him. All the money he gets will go towards making his next game.

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
I've tried the demo, and think that the game play is actually really good. My concern with buying it was finding out that in the end, it doesn't possess that much content.
Edit: I bought it. I'll let anyone who has the same concerns as me know how it goes. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekodorama

Ryonani Teamster
It contains 2 more bosses and 2 new zones. Each longer than the demo area.
It also contains more enemies and cgs as all full games should.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
If I like the full game, I'll go and buy it, but first want to wait for him to fix the site issues with buying and downloading it.

and to know if I like the full game, I'd need to play it :P

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
So I'm fighting the first boss, who's a total bastard as far as health goes, when I suddenly receive an item. I had no idea how to use it (which I realized I had to in order to continue progressing), and started pushing a number of different keys. This led to discovery 1.
You can charge your melee attacks! This of course showed me one other thing; this game HAS melee attacks (it should become clear now I didn't really read the first post). When I finally figured out how to use said item, it brought on the most remarkable discovery of all; you get assignable stat points! Suddenly I understand why the first boss was so unbearably difficult. Derp.

sickle

Potential Patron
I'm stuck after beating the succubus.

Where exactly is the ice shot supposed to be of use to progress?

As far as I can tell, the ice shot unlocks nothing, but killing the Succubus cancels the laser barriers. Beside the one you find in the succubus's room, there's one near the beginning, on a passage in the first large room that can only be reached by wall jumping.

docscratch

Potential Patron
Alright, I give up. I got the wall-jump ability but i just can't find where I'm supposed to go now. The only places that seems feasible are blocked by vines. Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.