Keep hunnie pop sound when loading custom characters (1 Viewer)

Bob Stanley

Potential Patron
Hello - the issue I am facing is that when I start the loader, the hunnie pop sounds that play are as according to my animtoolsettings (set to =3, beli). However, whenever I load a custom character through the loader's menu, the sounds default back to 1, aiko. Is this something that needs to be changed within the animtool25settings.txt, or do I have to change this directly within the animtool positions themselves?

Thanks.

Eva-2X

Content Creator
I think you can just ad the following at the very end of your character code.txt :
animtoolsVoice:1,3
(1 is enlabed, 3 is Beli voice)

Hope this helps

Bob Stanley

Potential Patron
Ah I see, I actually don't use character codes but save my characters directly through the loader using save custom character, then I back up my character files into a .sdt file (which I can't edit in notepad). Would you know of a way to interact with that file or do you need to go through character codes?
Thanks again.

Eva-2X

Content Creator
then I back up my character files into a .sdt file (which I can't edit in notepad).
That is one of the reason I never use .sdt file (maybe it is editable but I don't know how)
The other reason is that it can saturate memory (if too many characters are loaded)

As far as I can tell, you may have to import your sdt file in the game, then export each character code (using in game moding tab) in txt to attribute them their animtool/hunniepop voice. Then back them up in a .sdt file.
That may be tedious if you have many characters, but I think it worth it (each character can have their own voice).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
ideally, your character saves are not deleted. the backups are for if your stuff does somehow get cleared out. (like if your web browser is set to clear out the flash cache)

i am planning to move the character voice stuff to the scene menu in next animtools, since it ties into character code.

if someone wants to dabble in actionscript, it would be possible to create a backup of charcodes in a cleaner text format. the .sdt files are a bunch of CustomCharacter objects. they only look like garbage because it has bitmap data:

Code:
public class CustomCharacter extends Object
    {
        public var ver:String = "1";
        public var charName:String;
        public var charData:String;
        public var charShot:BitmapData;
        public var haveCharShot:Boolean = false;
        public var ID:uint;
        public var dialogue:String = "";
        public var menuPosition:uint = 0;
but then you would also have to make a way to load them, which would take more effort.

if you search a .sdt file for 'charName:' you should see the string of charcode text, though i never tried editing them. would probably be safe with notepad++ in hex edit mode.

Bob Stanley

Potential Patron
Alright, makes sense. Took a look at the raw file in notepad++ but don't think i'll try editing it. I'll just export the character code individually instead. Thanks to both of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.