Good girl (1 Viewer)

astounded

Avid Affiliate
This is my first dialogue. Sorry for any errors. I'm probably in a hurry to give something back.

Warning -
= Scene: Male and female in what is most certainly an unhealthy relationship. He is sadistic and domineering. She is masochistic and completely dependent on him. In this scene she is a "Good girl" and is simply doing what he wants. I've also created a "Bad girl" scene that I think is currently too rough for sharing. I hope to tone it down a bit and share. As you'll see, what I find sexist is what goes on in her thoughts. Many thanks to Cyclone, author of "Stockholm Girl" for the inspiration.

Recommended pose:Him with hand on her head.

All constructive corrections and ideas welcome!

[UPDATE: June 12 - Added progressive Intro per suggestion]

Attachments

GoodGirl.txt
13.6 KB · Views: 4,796

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Please do share the other verison of this. Well crafted indeed! I love the fact that she is determinded throughout the dialogue to maintain her arms back, forcing herself to keep going for her prize!

Perhaps even to set the mood a bit better, have a progressive intro. Just a few lines or so...

Example in case you dont know (or others)

intro:"type text here....[intro1]"
intro1:"type text here....[intro2]"
intro2:"type text here....[intro3]"
intro3:"type text here....[intro4]"

To add more, just increase the numbers. Works on many other triggers as well. A few people includeing myself have some progressive stuff in their dialogues

Shybear

Potential Patron
+1 to see your Badgirl one aswell. There's a few rough ones out already, don't worry it's not real :)

astounded

Avid Affiliate
AaRL said:
Please do share the other verison of this. Well crafted indeed! I love the fact that she is determinded throughout the dialogue to maintain her arms back, forcing herself to keep going for her prize!

Perhaps even to set the mood a bit better, have a progressive intro. Just a few lines or so...

Example in case you dont know (or others)

intro:"type text here....[intro1]"
intro1:"type text here....[intro2]"
intro2:"type text here....[intro3]"
intro3:"type text here....[intro4]"

To add more, just increase the numbers. Works on many other triggers as well. A few people includeing myself have some progressive stuff in their dialogues

Thanks for the idea! Done.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Nice job, as a side note though. It may suck, but learn to use Notepad or another text editor when making these. I learned the hard way by using the in game editor. Its fine and all. I use ifranview to use SDT. It has a thing for crashing at all the wrong times, no idea why really. You wouldnt want to be typing up a nice dialogue to see a random crash thus losing every thing.

I say notepad cause its more stable than a flash game but you have to manually type every thing (triggers, moods...) out or copy/paste text. Just a thought.

astounded

Avid Affiliate
AaRL said:
Nice job, as a side note though. It may suck, but learn to use Notepad or another text editor when making these. I learned the hard way by using the in game editor. Its fine and all. I use ifranview to use SDT. It has a thing for crashing at all the wrong times, no idea why really. You wouldnt want to be typing up a nice dialogue to see a random crash thus losing every thing.

I say notepad cause its more stable than a flash game but you have to manually type every thing (triggers, moods...) out or copy/paste text. Just a thought.

Hi there,
Actually, I do use a Notepad-like tool (TextEdit on a mac). I found the in-game edit would reformat/arrange the code. Was there a problem that appeared to be caused by an editor other than notepad? I will check out ifranview.

Thanks.

jarhead70

Potential Patron
astounded said:
Was there a problem that appeared to be caused by an editor other than notepad? I will check out ifranview.
AFAIK there's no problem using any text-editor other than notepad, just be sure that it doesn't add any additional formatting or extra codes. For windows users, notepad is as bare as it is for a text editor perfect for coding that came bundled with the OS.

If you do much coding, I suggest to take a look for editors which support vertical/column editing. It's a real time saver and now I'll be lost without such editor. Dunno TextEdit support it, but I found that only a small subset of text editors support it. I use MadEdit (minimalist) and Geany (full blown coding platform). Dunno if there's a Mac version, but both are FOSS so chances are somebody somewhere port it to your system.

As for IrfanView, it's great for image viewing, but other than that, like Flash/video/sound, I don't recommend it. In my experience the plugins for such files are quirky and crash prone.

astounded

Avid Affiliate
It would be nice if there was a text editor that could highlight when I screw up and..
- don't bracket {}/[] properly
- Forget to include the quotes to include the actions and text
- Maybe even follow my references {"next":"yesplease"}

If such a thing exists, I would appreciate the tip.

jarhead70

Potential Patron
astounded said:
It would be nice if there was a text editor that could highlight when I screw up and..
For compiled languages (like C/C++) things like that are easier to do, cos the compiler can be thought as your very own "grammar nazi" and can be set to link to your editor for auto-highlight the offending parts.

For scripts, like many of game mods, there's no such luxury and have to eyeball the codes for errors.

astounded said:
- don't bracket {}/[] properly
Depends on how you want that feature to work. If you want it to tell you where to put the missing bracket, well I haven't seen anything that could do that properly.

But many can find the nearest closing bracket when you tell it to, like UltraEdit. I usually use it to track down where the missing brackets should be when troubleshooting someone else's code.

MadEdit can be set to auto-track and mark the nearest opening bracket when you type/put the cursor on a closing bracket, which is very handy in writing codes.

Geany can be set to automatically add closing brackets and/or quotes when you type an opening bracket and/or quote.

astounded said:
- Forget to include the quotes to include the actions and text
- Maybe even follow my references {"next":"yesplease"}
These are more difficult, cos it's language/project specific. An editor usually made to be generic. What you wanted there is (I think) SDT Dialogue script specific. Cos such script is not as popular as, say, PHP/Perl/Ruby/etc, no one have come up with an editor with such features.

I remember vaguely once I've tested an editor so flexible that such features may be scripted into the editor. Problem is I forgot the name of the editor (it's so long ago, before Pentium4 era), it's resource intensive (in my recollection, that's the final straw why I abandoned it), and you'll have to learn the ultimately cryptic spaghetti-like alien language called "RegEx".

I suggest then to use syntax highlighting heavily, for easier identification of parts missing. Almost all "programmer" editors support this.

Personally, I use Geany now for my main editor, then MadEdit as fallback, and UltraEdit v9 (cos IMHO later versions are highly bloated for my needs) as last resort.

I also suggest you check out FOSS editors, cos they're free, and most have many features than the paid (shareware/commercial) ones. A warning though, forget about "vi" editor and it's variants, unless you're at least more than 4x masochist compared to the girl in your dialogue ;) (some hardcore *NIX-ers swore their lives and whatever holy to them by it, "vi" I mean )

Note: just in case anyone wondering, FOSS = Free Open Source Software.

astounded

Avid Affiliate
"Forget about "vi" editor and it's variants, unless you're at least more than 4x masochist compared to the girl in your dialogue "

LOL

Thanks for the great information. I've tried vi in the distant past. Then ran far and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.