Dialogues (1 Viewer)

Susumu

Potential Patron
Hi. :)

Can someone please explain me how the dialogues are working excactly? I downloaded a bunch of them from the forum, but something's not right.

- How do you trigger intro lines? I don't see them ever, only when I'm editing the dialogue and play them manually. I used the "intro resistance" slider, but don't know excactly what that thing does - still, didn't work.

- Does starting mood matter? Can it be changed during the dialog, and how?

- Is there a way to speed up the dialogue lines? I rarely see them, even on the biggest ones.

- Are there any default starting settings that I might didn't get? Or a way not to get into the middle of the action but freerly move the cursor so the intro lines begin? Is this a problem?

Thanks for any help. :)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
- How do you trigger intro lines? I don't see them ever, only when I'm editing the dialogue and play them manually. I used the "intro resistance" slider, but don't know excactly what that thing does - still, didn't work.
Intro lines are automatically played pre-first deepthroat.
General lines are automatically played after first deepthroat.

Does starting mood matter?
Initial start requirements can vary per dialogue. Most common is simply "empty mouth" - girl needs to be able to speak, mood/position and what not don't matter.

Can it [(mood)] be changed during the dialog, and how?
Via triggers, ([NORMAL_MOOD], [ANGRY_MOOD], [AHEGAO_MOOD] and [HAPPY_MOOD]) the mood can be altered.

Is there a way to speed up the dialogue lines? I rarely see them, even on the biggest ones.
Dialogue playback speed can't be altered via the standard graphical interface of SDT. Perhaps a mod will allow you to alter dialogue speed.

Are there any default starting settings that I might didn't get? Or a way not to get into the middle of the action but freerly move the cursor so the intro lines begin? Is this a problem?
Try not to let her suck dick if you want the dialogue to start. Hit Play, then keep her mouth away from his cock. If you turn breathing on it will provide you with natural breaks - the girl will need air from time to time. In the time she needs to catch her breath, timers for triggering dialogue lines can run.

Susumu

Potential Patron
Thanks a lot for a replay. :)

Is there any common problem why I rarely see the intro lines? And most of the time I get the same general lines even if the dialogue is really big and I can see multiple options.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
At this time I think it would be useful if you could provide an example of a dialogue that seems to cause the "same general lines" over and over.

I could explain why the dialogue plays as it does.

Susumu

Potential Patron
Hi, thanks a lot for your effort, but it seems that new dialogues I downloaded are working pretty good. In some cases I get the same lines over and over but I think it's some bugs in the coding. I get intro lines rather late, but I'm happy I get them at all. :)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Just show me the dialogue you are playing - If it is broken I can fix it, I think. I even made a tool that checks dialogues for mistakes, so that ought to prove I can help you.

Susumu

Potential Patron
Okay, I can't remember all of the dialogues right now, but those are two I played recently:

First example (which is weird, because this dialogue is really big):
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3203.msg40551#msg40551
Daughter's Friend

Intro plays okay I think
All I get is:
During deepthroating: Him - "This feels so amazing", her - "i must relax my jaw a little"
While penis in mouth (not deep): Him - "can you take anymore?", her - "I can't wuss out. Gotta... push..." and "it's not just the length, but this thing is THICK".
When she's faiting: Him "i'm gonna get faster"

I think that cumming lines are ok.

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2915.0
PART 2: AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

Tried practically every possible starting setting and I never got any general lines nor the ending lines (even when I set the appropriate moods).

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
Susumu said:
First example (which is weird, because this dialogue is really big):
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3203.msg40551#msg40551
Daughter's Friend

Works as intended for me...

Susumu said:
PART 2: AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

Tried practically every possible starting setting and I never got any general lines nor the ending lines (even when I set the appropriate moods).

Well, for me it works when I use the settings Slinger gives in the dialogue - Starting settings: Happy mood, holding, mouse cursor behind her back.

You sure You use the newest version - v1.21.1b - of SDT? The first dialogue above makes extensive use of features that have been added in one of the latest versions, so if You still use a very old one, there's a good chance that many lines won't be displayed...

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Tried the second dialogue, and I have no issues with triggering the general lines. Keep in mind you need to achieve deepthroat before general lines will play.

As for the first dialogue, I'm reading it for a bit and I think you seem to get stuck on resistance lines. You never achieve a full deepthroat, so the lines won't play.

I'll try to remove any issues from both dialogues though.
Daughter's Friend has 439 issues (dear lord), and After school special has 28 issues.

This could take some time, though.

And like T0mcat says, verify that you're using v1.21.1b. Open SDT, and right-click. A context menu should pop up. The second option (greyed out) should be the version number (at least it is for v1.21.1b normal and v1.21.1b loaderconversion and v1.21.1b running via the loader). This version number should be v1.21.1b. If is not that, get the latest version.

Susumu

Potential Patron
I'm using loader 5.22 with a SDT version 1.21.1b.

Actually I don't know what's happening. I'm always going through the instructions (I used the settings in SSSS_p2 and never set throat resistance further than 50%) and sometimes it works perfectly good (like, for example, in SSSS_p1*) and other times it can just stuck in the middle or don't play intro at all.

*I checked the .txt file after playing it and it seems I've achieved most of the lines.

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
Susumu said:
... sometimes it works perfectly good (like, for example, in SSSS_p1*) and other times it can just stuck in the middle or don't play intro at all.

One important thing considering dialogues in SDT - with or without Loader - is that You should ALWAYS start a completely new session when playing.

SDT seems to keep dialogue in it's memory even between sessions. So if You start a session, load a dialogue, play for a while and then load another dialogue only the new dialogue is used for display, but the previous one - and it's log - is still somewhere deep inside the game's memory. When You close the game and restart, the last loaded dialogue is still active.

If You don't know what I mean try this:
Load a dialogue, play for five minutes. Then without restarting the game load another dialogue and play for another five. Then go to Options --> Modding --> Custom Dialogue --> Edit --> and press the Log Button. Depending on the dialogue there will be a few (<200) up to an enormous amount of lines in the log. And those are all in the games' memory.

To prevent this I got used to do the following:
Got to Options --> Modding --> Custom Dialogue and click on that little arrow before you close the game. This ensures that the next time You start the game it will come up with only the built-in "general" dialogue loaded

All this memory clogging seems - in my opinion anyway - lead to the game getting stuck on some part of the dialogue and displaying no dialogue whatsoever sometimes.
Also the game doesn't like it much when dialogue lines are called up but can't be displayed. Happens most often when "He" orgasms and the game is supposed to bring up one of those "swallow", "come_in/on_xxx" lines, but can't due to her mouth already being busy with something else again. I often noticed the game switching into a silent mode then, not calling up ANY lines until another orgasm has been reached and some of those lines mentioned in the previous sentence have a chance to be displayed.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
I "fixed" the Daughter's Friend dialogue, or cleaned it up a bit at least.
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3203.msg59913#msg59913

Susumu

Potential Patron
To prevent this I got used to do the following:
Got to Options --> Modding --> Custom Dialogue and click on that little arrow before you close the game. This ensures that the next time You start the game it will come up with only the built-in "general" dialogue loaded
This.

Thank you, kind sir. And thanks for Pim_gb for fixing this wonderful dialogue!

You're awesome. Problem solved.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Make sure the dialogue has this in it somewhere:

all:"CLEAR"

That should wipe SDT memory when changing dialogues.

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
AaRL said:
Make sure the dialogue has this in it somewhere:

all:"CLEAR"

That should wipe SDT memory when changing dialogues.

yes.. it "should".. or at least one might think it should.

But what the line does is that it just removes the "hardcoded" generic dialogues. Anyhoo, seems my little "trick" helped.. so, kids.. make sure to always keep the memory unclogged ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.