Burning Rival

Mardion

Swell Supporter
Burning Rival [Arcade]

Published : 1993
Genre : Fighting
Ryona rating : 2/5

Ryona:
  • One female character out of a roster of eight.
  • Mostly unimpressive moves, some of which include fire. Each character has one or more grabs.
  • Beautiful hand-drawn sprites and gorgeous animation.

Female Characters:
  • Asuka is a ninja wearing a sexy short kimono. Besides her normal attacks she can throw shurinken, use a teleportation jutsu, and emit a small flame during one of her kicks.

Screenshots:

Video of all(if not, most) grabs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-D2sVdYRl8&

???

Potential Patron
I recall this game. I've got to say, that girl is definitely one of the sexier game girls that I've come across.

Mardion

Swell Supporter
^...so much so that I just had to use the word "sexy" in her description, eventhough I'm trying to adhere to an encyclopedia style of writing :-P It also helps that this game is so damn beautiful visually ; I can never get enough of seeing her grab my character with those legs of hers.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Wow, this one looks nice lol despite being published in 1993, makes me want to try the game.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Updated wiki with video.
Made a video on this game while I was on my uploading spree.
Honestly, the only thing I didn't like was all the sounds effects. All those bell rings, and the part when the wrestling guy
did a grab, the crowd would cheer and interrupts any other sound(like asuka's voice).

I would say I found all the grabs, but I'm not sure with this game's odd control design. Instead of the usual 4 buttons to attack,
it uses 6 buttons. took me a while to find some of the others grabs I was looking for.
Perhaps I haven't played much of the older fighting games lol.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

After watching it now(yes I haven't quality checked this video before I uploaded),
I felt that the video went too fast, and some cutoffs or so, but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Swell Supporter
I'll disagree with you on the cutoffs, Horrid, I don't think they went fast at all. It was a great tribute video to this game, and I even saw a couple of grabs I hadn't seen before (the samurai dude's mainly). Good job :-)

Top Bottom