Blade & Soul (1 Viewer)

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Blade & Soul (PC)

Released: N/A (beta in Korea)
Genre: MMORPG

Playable Female Characters:
There are four races which you can choose to play as a female, which are Jin, Gon, Lyn, and Kun(female only race).

Ryona:
- Normal hit animations involves movement of the upper torso. Normal attacks makes the character flinch with little movement, while skills cause greater movement in the hit animation.(or torso movement is relative to damage)
- Face animations are pretty similar to Vindictus online.
- Characters can be stunned, knocked down, and receive downed attack.
- There is a state where when the player loses all their hp, they go into a crawling state where she grunts to move to a safe place to meditate(to revive).
- In PvP, some classes have grabs. Some examples are: Destroyer can grab the player and run around while holding the player with one hand and throw them/do some special skill or Kung Fu master can knock down the player and mount the player on the ground to punch them in the face or do a short arm lock. Some mobs also have the grabs that are the same as the playable classes.
- When the character is above lvl 15, they get access to more unique skills(or talents), such as the blade sword summon for Blade Master or using aerial grabs in the air for Kung Fu Master.
- A boss can possess grabs, for example, one of the raids has a boss which can grab a player from afar and hold them in the air for a couple seconds. If no one uses a knockdown skill to knock down the boss, the boss will proceed in throwing the player on the ground.

Ryona Sample videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxDSjrUKVvw - Gon basic hit animations/crawling scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9pUQxc1UI - Kun basic hit animations/crawling scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-XHlWhsQw - Gon mounting on female mob and pouncing.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
I didn't include it in the wiki since it's not really ryona focused, but more to get a good idea of what it looks like. (but you can edit the wiki article if you want to add something)

Blade and Soul: General Guh Raid - YouTube - This one is the video I used for reference for boss grabs, the players get owned pretty badly
edit: this one is a lot better Blade & Soul - CBT2 - General Guh Instance Pt. 3 - [Cutscene Subbed] - YouTube - starts at 5:00

Blade and Soul noobs PVP - KFM vs FM vs HELL LAGS 2 - YouTube - A pvp video with some voice chat in the background, one instance where the player mounts on the opponent is at 1:25

Blade & Soul - CBT2 - Miscellaneous PvP - YouTube - the player gets stunned a lot by a blademaster in a pvp match. I only watched up to 0:00 - 1:59.

Blade and Soul PVP CB2 - YouTube - Another pvp match where Destroyer grabs the opponent and runs around for a bit and throws her with his axe.

I played this a while back, I was actually kinda disappointed with the normal hit animations, but seeing those grabs makes me think there's some ryona potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Thanks for the article on a game in CBT! Out of curiosity, did this finally start beta testing in NA or how did you manage to play it? It piqued my interest early on but back then it was in CBT only in Korea and I haven't really kept up with it.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Thanks for the article on a game in CBT! Out of curiosity, did this finally start beta testing in NA or how did you manage to play it? It piqued my interest early on but back then it was in CBT only in Korea and I haven't really kept up with it.

There's no announcement of a NA beta testing yet and korea is still in closed beta so I doubt there will be a beta release soon for NA lol and check your pm.

ShokkedFuture

Potential Patron
well, if you want to play BnS (sadly only on korean language with some broken english -.-) you can play it with the CBT-Client on the Atomix-Private Server.

the gameplay and movements are similiar to the real CBT.

..:: Atomix Blade & Soul ::.. <---- this is the website, where you can download and follow all steps to make it playable :)

[little edit from me: don't be harsh, cuz the problem is the server itself.... laggy like hell and so on. when you play it, you'll take that experience for it....
unless of this, it is worth to try out.]

Last edited by a moderator:

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
@ shokkedfuture

thank you for the link of the private server, I will definetly try it out.

This game looks awesome, unfortunatelly still no anouncement for NA/EU CBT.

I guess, we will be able to play the game in our region 6-12 months after the official Korean release.

Sadly all good looking games are more and more delayed, like Diablo 3, the new Tomb Raider, B&S...

elzee

Potential Patron
Which mob can grab players? And how namy levels is it?
I'm lv12 and never seen a mob grabs me.

ShokkedFuture

Potential Patron
Well, since i stopped playing BnS on the atomix server, i cant tell you, what monsters will grab you, elzee.

All i can say is, try to find something on youtube, like player videos or something like that, maybe you'll find something.

@ BoRaicho: True fact with the heavy delays on the games....
Also there is still no confirmed information about BnS....

Only confirmed info is that they went on CBT3 in Korea and the release there seems to be on summer or autumn.

Meh, lets hope, that EU and NA will get their hands on it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.