Audio Dialogue Support (1 Viewer)

geofake

Potential Patron
Is there a way to add audio to scripts without replacing every single line in the flash decompiler in the .swf creation? A way to create new dialogue triggers such as [OH_SOFT] with a custom mp3 or to replace some of the lines in the flash compilers and link the rest purely as text format?

Just curious if there are any work arounds or other tricks people might know.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there a way to add audio to scripts
DialogueActions provides the [PLAY_SFX_<filename>] trigger.

replace some of the lines in the flash compilers and link the rest purely as text format?
Not really sure what you mean here.

Just curious if there are any work arounds or other tricks people might know.
You can embed an arbitrary set of MP3 files and named lines into an Audio Dialogue SWF. It's a bit tricky to get the files properly organized, and you'll need Flash.

The only real advantage of this method is that the resulting SWF file will be vanilla-compatible. Unless you absolutely require vanilla-compatibility, I'd suggest using the dialogueActions PLAY_SFX technique instead.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi,

I'm sorry but despite my tries and searches, I cannot manage to play any .mp3 file with the PLAY_SFX trigger.
In the dialogue Actions thread, it is written that it will play any file "from the last loaded character folder".
But I have my character folder named "Fin_de_soirée" (where everything else is correctly loaded) with my Ripping_Cloth.mp3 file inside, and when I try to put a
[PLAY_SFX_Ripping_Cloth.mp3]
It just never works... Could anyone please provide me with a detailed explanation of how to use this trigger in a dialogue ?

stuntcock

Content Creator
It just never works...
I'm unable to reproduce this error. I suspected that the accented é might be causing trouble, but it actually works OK.

Some possible troubleshooting steps:
  • Try copying the crucial fin_de_soirée files (dialogue.txt and Ripping_Cloth.mp3) into the $INIT$ folder. Don't bother loading the fin_de_soirée character folder; just start the game and then attempt to trigger the relevant dialogue line.
  • Try to manually trigger the dialogue line via the in-game dialogue editor (instead of triggering it via gameplay).
  • Upload a copy of your dialogue.txt file (so that we can check for syntax errors).
  • Ensure that you're using an up-to-date version of dialogueActions.
  • Ensure that the dialogueActions mod is active (e.g. by including it in your $INIT$\Mods.txt file).

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi Stuntcock,

Thank you for your quick answer. I suspected the é too, but I tried to rename my folder without spaces and with standard characters only and it did change nothing !

Concerning your other possible things to check:

• Try copying the crucial fin_de_soirée files (dialogue.txt and Ripping_Cloth.mp3) into the $INIT$ folder. Don't bother loading the fin_de_soirée character folder; just start the game and then attempt to trigger the relevant dialogue line.
Nope -> Tha changes nothing...
  • Try to manually trigger the dialogue line via the in-game dialogue editor (instead of triggering it via gameplay).
Neither...
  • Ensure that you're using an up-to-date version of dialogueActions.
  • Ensure that the dialogueActions mod is active (e.g. by including it in your $INIT$\Mods.txt file)
I confirm that I'm using the latest versions of every mod I use, especially the Loader and Dialogue Actions.

But I have another thing in mind which I should have thought first place. In another thread concerning the Him Moan Mod and where people complained about it not working, I myself noted that the Mod did work in fact but the sound is really really low, almost impossible to hear.

So I've just put an helmet again and whit your method of putting all in the INIT Folder, It seems to me that I can hear a little something very low which could be my sound file ! I'll try to up the volume of the file with Audacity and see if it's ok. But it's still very strange since the volume is totally normal, when reading the .mp3 with VLC. I find it strange that Flash can play all the sounds of the game at a normal volume but seems unable to play all other files at the same volume... Or maybe it could be linked to the variable da.bgm.volume which is mentioned in the doc ? But the doc also states that it is at full volume by default...

I'll have another couple of tests and let you know. If you wanna give it a try on your side, Here are the dialogue and the .mp3 file (renamed as txt to be uploadable). But please don't judge me too hard on the dialogue, without the mods, and the character folder, it's not what it's meant to be, and still under development anyway :)

P.S: OUPS ! Sorry, I just uploaded this like a pig and totally forgot to tell you that the line with the sound is 468 - going_hard_anal. And if you let the intro going by after loading the dialogue, you'll then have a nice "Hard Anal" Button which will directly trigger this line. Thanks !

Attachments

Fin de soirée v0.1.txt
69.7 KB · Views: 73

Ripping_Cloth.txt
22 KB · Views: 73

Last edited:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Ooooo-Kaaaay...

So I do confirm that when everything's in the $INIT folder, the sound file IS played. But even with an horrible amplificaiton of the sound file (which makes it totally saturated by the way), it is still played really really low, you can barely hear it...
I tried to put a "set":{"da.bgm.volume":1} at the begnning of the dialogue but it changes nothing.
But wait ! There's more ! The sound file does play, but it loops like 4-5 times instead of being played just once.
This is very very strange. Maybe I am missing a Mod or a configuration file somewhere ? I don't understand why this trigger seems to work for some people and not for me :(

If you want me to send you the complete package of my loader, mods and character folder for a deeper troubleshooting, please let me know where I can send it to you. Maybe you'll have an explanation for this...

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi everybody,

I tried a lot of other things that I won't detail here but finally I decided to test the PLAY_SFX and PLAY_BGM Triggers with some others .mp3 that I did not made myself and... It just totally works... So I can confirm that the problem comes from my .mp3 but I just cannot find what the problem is. I used a website to convert a youtube video in .mp3 and then edited with Audacity to cut just the part that I needed.

When played on the computer the sound is normal and looking at the file with mediaInfo, it is the same bitrate and quality that the .mp3 which work... So I'll just continue to try & test but concerning the Triggering functionnality it's OK (in the $INIT Folder at the moment)

EDIT_SOLVED: Ok so after some more editing, searching, testing, etc... I just find myself as a totally stupid person for not even having given a fucking try to just remove the _ from my filename...

Try to play: [PLAY_SFX_Opening_Roar.mp3] and you can go fuck yourself
Try to play the same sound file but named OpeningRoar.mp3 and you're good.

Since the _ is totally possible in a BG, dialogue, mod or animtools filename, I think it's good to point that out :)

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
So I do confirm that when everything's in the $INIT folder, the sound file IS played. But even with an horrible amplificaiton of the sound file (which makes it totally saturated by the way), it is still played really really low, you can barely hear it...
I encountered the same problem with @RikuDawn's audio dialogue files. I ran them through MP3Gain using default settings. It automatically reduced the volume for most of the files (by only a few dB). The resulting MP3s sounded nearly identical when played through media players (such as VLC), but were properly audible in Flash.

But wait ! There's more ! The sound file does play, but it loops like 4-5 times instead of being played just once.
This can occur with audio dialogue files when the MP3 is very short. The playback ends so quickly that the dialogue line can be triggered again by the same gameplay event (such as "cum on face").

I have no idea why it would occur with a PLAY_SFX command. I did not notice any repetition during my own (limited) testing, and there's nothing in the code to imply repeated playback. The simplest explanation is that the entire dialogue line is recurring.

Code:
first_dt:"foo! [PLAY_SFX_foo.mp3]"
// This line should be heard only once

Code:
cum_in_eye:"bar! [PLAY_SFX_bar.mp3]"
// This line might seem to "loop" if the girl is repeatedly struck by cum strands during a long ejaculation

Please try to "repair" the MP3 files themselves (as described above), trigger the dialogue lines manually (via the dialogue editor), and then report whether the unwanted looping behavior is still occurring.

You could also try to introduce several variants for the dialogue lines (such as [PLAY_SFX_Ouch.mp3] and [PLAY_SFX_Hey.mp3]). If you hear "Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch" then it's probably looped audio; if you hear "Hey Ouch Ouch Hey Hey" then it's just rapid event-triggering. We can deal with the latter by adjusting cooldown timers in the code, or simply by padding the MP3 files themselves with a few hundred milliseconds of silence.

If you want me to send you the complete package of my loader, mods and character folder for a deeper troubleshooting, please let me know where I can send it to you. Maybe you'll have an explanation for this...
Nope :)

It's @Pim_gd's mod. If he's interested in advanced troubleshooting then he'll get in touch with you. Maybe it's simply a rare "known issue" that he has chosen not to pursue. Either way: it's not my problem.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi Stuntcock,

Thanks for your answers, I have not been able to reproduce the looping problem (nice :) ) since I managed to really play sounds. I'll post in the Dialogue Action thread should this ever happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.