[PC] Warden of the Citadel (1 Viewer)

Rigsumore

Potential Patron
PatreonBanner_2.png

Overview
Warden of the Citadel
is an Adult Video Game in the making, using the Unreal Engine 4. It is a 1st/3rd person RPG with a heavy focus on adult content, exploration, looting and player progression.

The player will slip into the role of an Overlord. He has to rebuild a desolated bastion and gather friends/allies to support him. The bastion hinders the demon armies, originating from the Underworld, from raiding the Overworld. It is up to the player the clear out the bastion's dungeons, repel the demon threat and establish his ruling.​

Patreon: patreon.com/rigsumore
Language:
English
Latest Download: click here

Projectlomg Screenshot 2018.12.22 - 15.26.04.27.jpg

Projectlomg Screenshot 2018.12.18 - 08.35.44.79.jpg

Background Story
The game takes place in a world which is inhabited by many different races. These races live in relative peace on the Overworld. But there is a great danger that slumbers beneath. Below the Overworld there is the Underworld. A place filled with ancient evils and demons.
Many years have passed since the demon legions raided the Overworld. They were repelled and the passages they used, sealed. Bastions with elaborate dungeons were built on top of these passages, and powerful veterans gained the title of Overlord. The Overlords duty was to manage the bastion and keep it running.
Over the years the Overlord's influence and renown diminished and many bastions were abandoned, as no bigger demon raid came to surface.
In recent times the remaining Overlords report strange sightings deep down in their dungeons. Unusual amounts of strays and scouts were seen and many belief this to be the first signs of a new demon assault.

You play in the role of a young man who has fled his home after upsetting the local authorities.
As you complete your first steps in this new land, you will meet somebody that sends you out on a trial. If you should succeed this trial, you are to become Overlord of the region, a position with many responsibilities, but also a lot of benefits.

The Vision

Gameplay
  • Explore an open world
  • Repair and upgrade the bastion
  • Build a following
  • Collect loot and gear, level up
  • Clear out the bastion dungeons
  • Unlock costumes, furniture, transformations
  • Complete quests and engage in adult activities

Adult Content
  • Gain NPCs favor and unlock adult activities
  • Recruit them to your following and invite them to your bastion
  • Utilize the bastion dungeons
  • Visit the red light district

Player Character
  • Play in 1st person or 3rd person mode
  • Gain the ability to switch between male/female player form
  • Customizable player look (male and female)
  • Visual-only costume items independent of stat-gear

Setting
  • Many different races (humans, orcs, elfs, demons, ...)
  • Races have different technological advancements
  • World that is composed of the Overworld and the Underworld

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Thank you for including a free version of the game at your patreon site.

Quaren

Content Creator
This looks promising! I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

EDIT: Looked Promising. I am receiving the following fatal error.

WotC Fatal Error.png

It goes to the "This is an adult game can you play it?" screen for a couple seconds then crashes to desktop with that error. I cannot even hit the "Continue" button before this happens.

Last edited:

Quaren

Content Creator
This looks promising! I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

EDIT: Looked Promising. I am receiving the following fatal error.

It goes to the "This is an adult game can you play it?" screen for a couple seconds then crashes to desktop with that error. I cannot even hit the "Continue" button before this happens.

I've looked into the error further. It looks like the game is crashing DirectX on my system. I'll see if I can't fix it myself with a DirectX update or something.

DxDiag file attached to try and help you.

Attachments

DxDiag.txt
43.3 KB · Views: 102

Rigsumore

Potential Patron
Thanks for the report!
Another user seems to have the same issue but I'm not entirely sure why this happens as I can't reproduce the crash myself. I looked into some issues that might cause this crash however and will upload a new version in a few minutes that hopefully fixes it.

Quaren

Content Creator
Thanks for the report!
Another user seems to have the same issue but I'm not entirely sure why this happens as I can't reproduce the crash myself. I looked into some issues that might cause this crash however and will upload a new version in a few minutes that hopefully fixes it.

I can report it seems tied to my video driver. Does the other user also use an AMD card?

Rigsumore

Potential Patron
I can report it seems tied to my video driver. Does the other user also use an AMD card?

Yes it seems to be related to AMD cards. I think the hair physics which use the nvidia clothing tool cause this crash.
I uploaded a Hotfix here: Link

If this fixes the issue please report back!

Rigsumore

Potential Patron
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help. Thanks for testing it out - I will look deeper into fixing this problem.

One last thing: Have you played any other unreal engine 4 games and experienced the same crashing?

Quaren

Content Creator
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help. Thanks for testing it out - I will look deeper into fixing this problem.

One last thing: Have you played any other unreal engine 4 games and experienced the same crashing?

Yes and no respectively.

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Looks good Rigsumore, going to try it, if I have any problems with it I'll post what I know about the problem(s) here.

Thank you for your hard work.

Rigsumore

Potential Patron
Version 0.4.0 is available now for Patrons!
Wardenofthecitadel Screenshot 2019.01.06 - 20.09.34.94.jpg

Changelog:
  • Added main menu screen
  • Added fullscreen options
  • Extended inventory/item system
  • Added container objects
  • Added Hotbar
  • Added random item upgrade level and rarity tiers
  • Added crafting system
  • Added buff/debuff system
  • Added first version of melee combat
  • Added hostile AI
  • Added first version of the citadel location
  • Added 2 items to outfitter
  • Added new NPCs
  • Added more foliage objects
  • Changed various systems to be more robust for future additions
  • Various changes and fixes in world/NPCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.