Turn into dynamic hair - revision request (1 Viewer)

F-ONE

Potential Patron
Hi there, I just wonder if there a way or someone knows how to turn, this static hair into a dynamic hair, I am looking for the turorials but to be honest I am pretty good drawing but totally sucks in programing, I found this image in a MEGA folder, I try to find the original uploader without success. Thanks a lot to anyone capable to do it.

"Hair by colour/Blonde (4) (File folder on MEGA)"

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello F F-ONE

Firstly, there's no need to waste server space by uploading this hair mod here, as it is already in the archive.
You can remove this image from your post and just say it is "Hair by colour/Blonde (4) (File folder on MEGA)"

I found this image in a MEGA folder, I try to find the original uploader without success.
This is my version of Anonymous' archive (the admin of SDTmods.com, the former forum). It contains mods done till March 2013, and looking at the size of the PNG file (1200x1600) it is even older than that: this PNG size was used in the early versions of SDT.

This request cannot be fulfilled because this hairstyle is too complex to be converted into a dynamic hair mod (gradients cannot be used on dynamic hair mods, and the hair needs to be as straight as possible to look good).
Anyway, firstly it needs to be redrawn entirely in vectors, that is nearly impossible due to its complex colour gradients.
It looks like it is a cutout of a scanned watercolour painting (i.e. made on paper, not a computer), and I've never seen a modder here capable of drawing something approaching in raster graphics (PNG), and as I said above, vectors are needed (SWF) for a dynamic hair.

I am looking for the turorials but to be honest I am pretty good drawing but totally sucks in programing
There's no need to be good at programming nor at drawing to make hair or costume mods, only basics are needed, and good reference.
All it takes is (a lot of) time, and optionally Adobe Flash Pro/Animate to make SWFs.

F-ONE

Potential Patron
Hi there SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror , I see you point that thing have many colours, but I manage to create a simple version of it, even cut the pieces to put them together as dynamic hair, do you thing that this may work, I reduce all the colours to only four, and cut the hair in pieces has the tutoria said, just need someone that put them together as a dynamic hair.

By the way, great work drawing this hair in first place I been looking for some cool "barbie-teen" hair stule for a while.

Thanks a lot for the help bro.

Attachments

• Blonde (4)-assembly.png
    Blonde (4)-assembly.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Blonde (4)-edit.png
    Blonde (4)-edit.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 161

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello F F-ONE

just need someone that put them together as a dynamic hair.

It's not that simple.

Firstly, it has to be vector drawings, because it's how Adobe Animate works. On one hand, it is possible to import raster graphics into Animate, but as it is little squares, it will probably look crappy when the hair moves, and on the other hand, if changes need to be made to the drawing, with imported raster graphics one is screwed.
Secondly, it woudln't work very well with your drawing, because you didn't made the half circles right: the coloured disks need to be concentric, not linking one side of the strand to the other (it is not even really necessary to draw quarter disks, because when the hair moves at its mosts, only a few degrees are shown).

I will quote a message from stuntcock stuntcock :
Please note that dynamic hair projects are somewhat tricky. You can't actually "preview" the hair's behavior while editing it; you must compile and test it in-game. The appearance of the hair on your canvas will be very different from its appearance in-game -- it's definitely not a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editing scenario.

For these reasons, I'd advise you to start out with static hairstyles (or simple costume mods) in order to learn the fundamentals of SDT modding (such as AS3 syntax, template categories, etc). If you start out with a dynamic hair project immediately then you may get frustrated by the steep learning curve.

You draw nicely, but vector drawing is completely different.
It requires a bit of artistry and talent, but it is much more about fiddling with segments and Bézier handles than drawing lines.
Making a succesful complex dynamic hair mod requires hours of work, numerous edits and ingame trials, AND experience into making dynamic hair mods (because some tricks are told nowhere, and one must have a good knowledge on how dynamic hair behave), AND a good knowledge of vector drawing on Animate (because it is quite different from other vector graphics editors, Inkscape for example).

If you want to draw hair mods, start from the beggining: PNG mods, that make you learn how to manage the Top, Under and Back layers.
Then you can try vector drawing with Inkscape to make other static hair mods. Then learn drawing on Animate and make SWF static hair mods, then you can try simple (straight) dynamic hair mods...

If you reach that point, you'll understand why there are so few dynamic hair mods around! :tongue:

If you just want a dynamic hair mod looking like that one, you can use Nami in the base game, or my RGB Long Hair (03) that is an improved version.

By the way, great work drawing this hair in first place I been looking for some cool "barbie-teen" hair stule for a while.
This has not be drawn by me, I explained that it is in my version of the archive, it has not been drawn (or rather painted) by me, nor by the modder that made this cutout. As I said:
It looks like it is a cutout of a scanned watercolour painting (i.e. made on paper, not a computer), and I've never seen a modder here capable of drawing something approaching in raster graphics (PNG)
I'm not capable of drawing this (nor almost anything by the way). All my hair mods are either traced over a real artist's drawing, a cutout of one of these drawings, or an edit of an existing mod to add RGB sliders and fix some layering issues.

[EDIT] by the way, you didn't removed your uploads, you just added two more... Please avoid this and upload images that don't need to be kept on this server elsewhere (like Imgur).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.