Suikoden backgrounds (1 Viewer)

RajasGrime

Content Creator
To expand on the Suikoden themed hairs i'm working on, have some Suikoden backgrounds. Most aren't suited for a maxed out zoom level, but all work well when the feet of the charcaters aren't visible. All backgrounds are tall versions.

Vinay del Zexay, Sol-Falena, Karaya village

Karayan hut, Ceras Castle, Caleria

More might be delivered if i come across more high quality pictures like these.

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
Well yeah the problem with making bgs workable with the feet showing is that there usually is not enough foreground to make them look to be at the right scale, which leaves only the option to zoom in, that then makes the bg be on lesser quality and has less objects or scenery showing. (just being informative, not a smart ass ;D)
All these ones you made have the same problem, too bad. I was hoping to be able to work on them to make them work with the feet.

Do you think there are possibly some Suikoden bgs of indoor places? Its a bit silly to have a blowjob on a public place in broad daylight. :)

Good job so far though.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Indeed, these came from official wallpapers. Wallpapers rarely ever have the required foreground. Personally i don't mind, cause I prefer to stay just below the maxed out zoom level. If you want to have a try at them, go ahead. These are the originals:

SIII wallpapers
Sun Palace
Ceras Castle

I don't believe there any (high quality) interior artworks, not that i found in my limited search.

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
RajasGrime said:
Indeed, these came from official wallpapers. Wallpapers rarely ever have the required foreground. Personally i don't mind, cause I prefer to stay just below the maxed out zoom level. If you want to have a try at them, go ahead. These are the originals:
Well I didnt actually mean they dont possess problems but I will be willing to give the "village view, town market and hut" a try once I have gotten my windows seven installed tomorrow
and installed all "compotents" and other stuff I require of my PC to have.
Those other images can say goodbye to the feet showing, either the reason is being boring in the right scale or they just wont work (no space for feet).

RajasGrime said:
I don't believe there any (high quality) interior artworks, not that i found in my limited search.
Well ok but are there any interior artworks at all, even if not high quality, most of my bgs are made of 800x600 resolution images after all ;)
I am asking you as I doubt I'll find any, because I would have found some already. I just dont know where to look for non h-game bg images.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Images of outdoor locations larger than thumbnail format are rare to find for this series, indoor location images in general even more so. The best i have ever come across are these, but they're not very suitable:

http://rpgland.com/wallpapers/suikoden1and2/suikoden182.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/Lovecraft_elder/ST01.jpg

Either there are characters in them, or they simply don't exist. The second one, from Tierkreis, is really the only one that comes close to a decent background, but won't work on so many zoom levels and has a weird angle. Should I miraculously find one, I will definitely put it up, but I seriously doubt I will.

Fortunately, Suikoden has many generic locations where any generic background from another source that fits will do.

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
Yeah the angle is from too upward angle for it to work and its from too far away from the floor (second one), well if you come across any more then please post it and I will be happy to have a look at it. :)

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
Okay so got my windows 7 working somehow and I managed to create TALL BG's out of the "village view" and "town market" ones.

TALL:
Suikoden village view: Suikoden market:

The village should be allright but if you guys feel like the market one is in wrong scale or something; tell me and I'll fix it.

I did try to do the "hut" one but then it would have looked too blurry because the image quality wasnt enough for the zooming in.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Actually, the huts in the village one seem on the small side, but the marketplace looks perfect to me, when fully zoomed out. Funny how that goes. But that's picking nits. Sound work there, sir.

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
RajasGrime said:
Actually, the huts in the village one seem on the small side, but the marketplace looks perfect to me, when fully zoomed out. Funny how that goes. But that's picking nits. Sound work there, sir.

Well the huts are so far away that the scale can be a little off, so it still works. But Im glad you like them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.