Rise of the Tomb Raider Sheer Top and fully nude...sorta... (1 Viewer)

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
I previously had only installed the x64 version of Java, since that's what Resorep readme file. I've downloaded and installed the x86 version - nil effect unfortunately.

Re: directory structure, RotTR is in the default steam installation directory - C program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rise etc, while I've been running Resorep from the desktop and from my F drive. I've just tried it with Resorep in the root C directory, and up in Steam's Common directory, and same effect. I'll see what I can do about shifting Rise down to the root C drive instead of being perched out on that branch.

And thank you, for everyone who's come in with their 2 cents on this.

fonglee

Content Creator
I previously had only installed the x64 version of Java, since that's what Resorep readme file. I've downloaded and installed the x86 version - nil effect unfortunately.

Re: directory structure, RotTR is in the default steam installation directory - C program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rise etc, while I've been running Resorep from the desktop and from my F drive. I've just tried it with Resorep in the root C directory, and up in Steam's Common directory, and same effect. I'll see what I can do about shifting Rise down to the root C drive instead of being perched out on that branch.

And thank you, for everyone who's come in with their 2 cents on this.

I really hope that can get Resorep running, I just tried it with TR 13 and it works there as well, converted 3 of Vergil's textures over from his ripped and torn mod and so far so good! So if you get it going we get to look forward to a rerelease of your mods! :smile:

TombRaider 2017-08-19 20-22-55-85.jpg

BoobsLover

Casual Client
I tried but it did not work. I click to extract the textures but nothing appears in the selected folder. I ran as administrator and in compatibility mode on windows 7 and 10, but nothing appears in the folder. I tried with several different .tpf files

fonglee

Content Creator
I tried but it did not work. I click to extract the textures but nothing appears in the selected folder. I ran as administrator and in compatibility mode on windows 7 and 10, but nothing appears in the folder. I tried with several different .tpf files

Did you open the right exe file, the one that ends with GUI? It open a small window with a browse button and an extract button, click the browse button to find the tpf you want and as soon as you select the tpf the small window should fill up with a list showing the files that are in that tpf. Then when you click extract, it opens another window allowing you to choose where to, I usually put the files in the same folder the tpf was in.

marital eggs

Potential Patron
by the way i also create mod right now,why i use inter plugin dds in Photoshop try to reduce the texture pixel
from 4069x to 1024x or 512x,But can not be displayed in the game?

marital eggs

Potential Patron
i used 42202824 <Suffix is not>,4227940dds,4266666272dds,Even all of them to try to low texture but didn't work

fonglee

Content Creator
i used 42202824 <Suffix is not>,4227940dds,4266666272dds,Even all of them to try to low texture but didn't work

You can't just reduce the size of a given texture to get it to work on lower settings, but you can use Resorep to dump the files for the setting you are using, then go through said dump and find the files that match mine but are smaller. Then reduce the size of mine to the ones in the dump, and save them with whatever number that the ones in the dump have. They won't be the same number...

BoobsLover

Casual Client
Did you open the right exe file, the one that ends with GUI? It open a small window with a browse button and an extract button, click the browse button to find the tpf you want and as soon as you select the tpf the small window should fill up with a list showing the files that are in that tpf. Then when you click extract, it opens another window allowing you to choose where to, I usually put the files in the same folder the tpf was in.

When I select the .tpf file no texture appears in the list. I do not know what's wrong with the program or my Windows :mad::mad::mad::frown::frown::frown:. I'm using Windows 10 x64

fonglee

Content Creator
BoobsLover, I just installed W 10 as a dual boot with 7, and I'm still sorting out some problems with switching between the 2 atm, but seeing as all the problems reported are with W 10, hopefully I'll have some good news shortly! :wink:

Well that did me no good, everything is working here just like it did in W 7, crap! TPFextract just worked, no running as admin, no compatibility, just open. The only thoughts I have left is that your anti-virus or something is what's causing you grief....same for Mick, Resorep took both the exe's for Tombraider 2013 and ROTTR with no complaints about missing dll's.

:confused:

Last edited:

fonglee

Content Creator
Captain Si, alright I'll try to explain this how to get this to work for you, to the best of my ability.

Here goes, download Resorep from here, Resorep it requires that you also have java 8 running on your computer, so if you don't then go here Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads and download and install it for your version of windows.

It's a compressed file, so you need to uncompress it with something like winrar or 7zip. I use 7zip myself, it's free software and has been working flawlessly for years here, I'm going to continue this, using 7zip. Anyway, once the download is finished find the place in explorer where you saved it (usually My Documents/ Downloads) once you find it, right click the file, that will open a small context window under your mouse cursor, move your mouse down inside that window until you're hovering above 7zip, that will open another context window to the right, move your mouse over to Extract to "Resorep 1.7.0 US\" and left click that. Ok, so now we have it a folder called Resorep 1.7.0 US, open that folder and inside it there are 3 more folders,(For modders, Win 7 x64, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10) now you need to choose the folder that matches your operating system, for me it's win 7. Open that folder, inside are 3 files, 2 dx11proxy.dll's and a resorep.jar file, open the resorep one.

So now, if everything is going to plan, the resorep program will come up, if it does, then that is great news because we are almost done! :smile:

Ok, I'm going to assume it did open and continue on, look for the 'Add application' button down near the bottom of the window and click on it. That should open a new browser window that opens in the same folder that resorep is now in, click the down arrow to the right of 'look in' and find where you installed your rise of the tomb raider game (for me it's C: for Mick it was C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rise) only you will know where you installed it. In both our cases we would choose the C: drive, click the one that you need. Now the list bellow will be populated with everything on the C: drive, I just need to find the 'Rise of the tomb raider' folder, Mick and probably you need to navigate down through the program files tree to find it. So click program files, then open, click steamapps, click open etc. Once you find it, click 'Open' near the bottom of the window and look for ROTTR.exe and click on it. Then click open down at the bottom. That should open a new window asking if it's a 32bit or 64bit application, if you are running windows 64 choose 64, if you are running windows 32 choose 32 and click ok.

Now we are back to Resorep's main window, and we are done getting it to work! :smile:

The only thing left is to get my mod's files into the folder located near the bottom of resorep's window, just bellow the add application button, where it says 'Modded textures folder'. You can leave that as default or change it using the '...' button to the right. Either way just download my mod and use the same process that you did with the resorep file you downloaded earlier to uncompress it to a folder. Look inside that folder and you will find a 'Modded' folder, copy that folder and paste it to where the 'Modded textures folder' at the bottom of resorep's window is, and your done! :wink:

The best part of Resorep for me, is that all of this only needs to be set up once! If you only use it for just the 1 game, you can forget it even exists on your computer, and if you want to use it for other games you just need to open it and use the 'Add application' button to add the exe for that game and forget it again. You just run the game as you always did in the past and if you have files in that folder the game loads with them, if you empty that folder it doesn't. It just doesn't get any better than that! :cool:

Oh, and if you are running W 10 and you are trying to add the games exe file and it throws some kind of exception about missing dll's you are on your own....:frown:

P.S. for Wanger and anyone else wondering how to get resorep to do a 'dump' of the textures that you are running, open resorep and at the very bottom is an 'Advanced settings' button, click it. That opens a new window with 'Enable mod creator mode' unchecked, click the checkbox on, take note of where it's going to put the textures, and then click OK and close resorep. Then play the game for some time, you'll notice some slowdown while doing so, and then shut it off. Remember to open resorep to uncheck the enable box when you're done.

Last edited:

BoobsLover

Casual Client
I was able to make the tpf extractor work with the tpf files, but now that I have the textures, they do not work with the resorep in tomb raider 2013 in dx11.
I tried with several different mods but simply none of them load in the game :wat::wat::wat::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.