Resource Manager Guidelines (1 Viewer)

The Resource Manager is now live. Please feel free to poke around.

NOTE: There is a limit of 512 MB per file for initial submissions (AND updates) to the resource Manager. As a workaround, you can create a split archive using 7zip or WinRAR and upload them. Resources can now have up to 5 files.

Resource Manager Guidelines
Guidlines For Users

• you are welcome to Rate and review any content that you find on the Undertow website. Please remember that each Rating should reflect the quality or workmanshipof the item in question
    • avoid fanboyism. Please don't give a bad rating to a Resource merely because it contains a kink that you find distasteful. Or violence against your favorite characters. Or a romantic pairing that isn't canon. Or because it's a mod for a game that you don't play.
    • please don't blitz through every Resource uploaded by your favorite author and rate them all 5/5. Take the time to think about each item. What did you like and dislike about it? Is it on-par with the creator's best work? How could it be improved?
    • you may give a bad rating to a Resource if its compatibility or documentation is so poor that it is effectively unusable, or if it is badly-out-date. But please be willing to reconsider and reviseyour rating when the author provides a new patch or update.
      • Note: you'll receive an automatic notification whenever an Update is made for any Resources that you've previously downloaded.
    • you may give a bad rating to a work of fiction if it shows technical faults (e.g. poor spelling, weird text formatting, missing punctuation) which prevent you from enjoying it. But please explain your rating and provide constructive criticism to the author.
  • each Resource will usually include a hyperlink to the creator's feedback thread. This thread provides a place for fans to gather and offer general feedback or suggestions:
    • "I really like your shading patterns. Do you use a Wacom tablet?"
    • "I've had some trouble running your games in fullscreen mode. Have you looked into the latest RPGMaker patch? It's supposed to fix this issue."
    • "Could I commission you to write a story about my character?"
    • "Hi guys! The next chapter will be slightly delayed due to a hard drive crash."
  • please remember that specific feedback should not be posted in the author's thread. Instead, this feedback should be posted on the Resource itself, in the form of ratings and comments:
    • "This app runs well under Windows 10 but Win7x64 shows a few glitches. 4/5"
    • "I loved the plot twist in Chapter 3! 5/5"
    • "Most of the files here were badly compressed; they aren't compatible with TexMod. 1/5"
  • you are encouraged to add Tags to Resources
    • please use this feature to inform the system about any themes or interestswhich the uploader may have overlooked.
      • perhaps it's a visual novel which includes a <harem> ending
      • perhaps it's a clothing mod which appeals to the <leather fetish>
      • perhaps it's a game which features <bullet hell> challenges
    • please add Tags which reflect commonly-recognized themes and categories. Do not apply subjective tags such as <my favorites> or <awesome>.
    • spoilers are OK. Tagging a story with <betrayal> or <death> could spoil the ending, but such tags are worthwhile because they help users to find content which interests them (and avoid stuff which they find disturbing).
    • normal users are unable to remove tags added by other users. This rule was included to prevent rogue users from wiping out useful information.
      • if you see a tag which is inappropriate or malicious (such as <scat> on a Hello Kitty mod) then please contact a staff member for assistance.
  • abuse of the Resource systemmay result in temporary loss of Resource-related privileges (upload, download, tagging, rating, etc)
    • extreme or persistent abuse may result in disciplinary action against your account

Guidelines For Creators
  • there is a "preference ranking" of potential content for the Resource Manager
    1. Stuff that you've created or written yourself which is published informally (e.g. forum posts and attachments) or not published at all
      • Please feel free to upload such material onto the Resource Manager.
      • The RM makes the material persistent, readily accessible, and easy for Undertow members to find.
      • Ideally, the RM should host "exclusive" content. If you intend to publish your work on larger websites (such as fanfiction.net or loverslab.com) then it may be better to simply post a link instead of re-uploading the material here.
    2. Stuff created by someone else but which you intend to support, maintain, or upgrade
      • We'll eventually publish some official guidelines for abandoned mods and AWOL authors. For now, please get permission from the creator (of from a staff member) before you begin work.
      • The RM includes a version-management feature, which helps you to broadcast updates. It also allows us to distinguish the original work from your edits (and rollback if necessary).
      • The RM includes a feedback feature, which may help users to inform you about conflicts or bugs which they've discovered.
    3. Stuff created by someone else but which isn't shared effectively
      • If the original author has abandoned a project (or ceased communicating) and his work is currently disorganized or inaccessible, then migration to the RM can add a lot of value.
      • Please contact a staff member before starting a migration project, especially if you intend to migrate an author's entire portfolio. Otherwise we might reject your submissions as spam or plagiarism.
    4. Stuff which is already hosted on a dedicated website
      • If the material is already published on a good platform (e.g. nexusmods, fanfiction.net) then uploading it to the Resource Manager doesn't add much value.
      • We'd prefer not to duplicate content. If some of your work is hosted on high-quality websites then please feel free to provide links in your Signature.
  • each newly-uploaded Resource must be approved by a moderatorbefore it becomes visible to forum members
    • therefore: you should not immediately broadcast the URL of the new Resource to your fans, because they will be unable to access it!
    • users who have successfully uploaded a few original creations, and who demonstrate a good understanding of the Resource system, can apply for the Modder badge
    • Modders have earned the respect and trust of the Undertow staff; they get to skip the moderation queue and publish their work directly
  • you are strongly encouraged to Tag your Resource entrieswhen uploading them
    • tags help community members to discover content which interests them. Tags can attract a larger audience for your work!
    • tags help community members to avoid content which scares them. Tags can keep out the offended prudes who will give your work a poor rating!
    • you can add more Tags to an existing Resource, if you belatedly notice that you've missed something.
      • users can also add Tags to your work. If you see a Tag which misrepresents the content of your work, then you please appeal to a staff member for assistance.
    • the following tags are compulsory. If your Resource contains (or unlocks) any of the following then it mustinclude the corresponding tag.
      • TODO: gore, death, rape, loli, scat, etc
  • the Resource Manager has been pre-populated with a few categories, reflecting the types of content which were commonly created and shared by Undertow forum members
    • if your work does not fit into one of the existing categories, please feel free to post it in the nearest match and appeal to a staff member for the creation a new subcategory. Your Resource can be moved around on the backend without any interruption of service or loss of data.
  • when posting Resources, please remember that the Undertow fileserver exists to share original content with the Undertow community
    • it is not a rent-free storage space on which you can backup your personal files
    • it is not a safe haven for the storage of illegal or pirated material
    • it is not a dumping-ground for ancient abandonware
    • it is not an ad-hoc filesharing toolfor collaborative projects
      • your project team should share files through normal avenues (e.g. pastebin, Github, mega.nz)
      • you can upload a Resource when have something reasonably complete which is ready to be used (or at least tested) by the forum community
  • Resources canexist without threads, but it is generally expected that each author or artist will create a thread for himself
    • if you have a general feedback thread, then please include its URL whenever you post a new Resource
    • you don't need to bump your threadwhen posting a new Resource
      • users of the Undertow website will automatically see new Resources on the frontpage feed
      • any fans who have subscribed to your work will receive an automatic notification whenever you create a Resource (or Update an old one)
      • of course, you're welcome to make an announcement post in your own thread - especially if it's a long-awaited release or if the release corresponds with a change in status (e.g. "I'm now accepting requests again")
    • please don't hijack someone else's threadin order to announce that you've released a new mod (or story, or tool, etc)
      • you may post a release announcement in someone else's thread if the new Resource is a collaborative effort between the two of you (or a work which they've specifically requested / commissioned)
      • if there's a long-running thread which has discussed the need for a particular patch or mod or guide, and your new Resource answers that need, then please feel free to bump the thread with a link to your new Resource
  • please don't post fake or frivolus updates to your Resources, merely because you want to bump your stuff up to the top of the frontpage feed
  • please feel free to edit your Resources
    • for instance: answering a question in your Resource's FAQ section may be useful to readers. Posting the same answer as a reply in your thread is less useful; the information will quickly get buried under new replies and it may be difficult to find in the future.
    • it never hurts to clean up the grammar of your summary paragraph, or include a better preview image, or add hyperlinks to related Resources, or ensure that your Tags are complete
    • editing your Resource does not bump it to the top of the news feed, so please feel free to make edits whenever you see room for improvement.
  • please don't tag your Resource with popular tags merely to attract more attention to it
    • use tags to indicate the content of your work, not the audience that you'd like to draw
  • you may delete your resourcesfor personal or creative reasons
    • beware the Streisand effect!
      • If you explain your reasons for removing the material (e.g. "I wrote this story during a period of deep depression and just seeing the title makes me suicidal") then forum members may be more cooperative. Threats and bluster are rarely effective.
    • Undertow staff will notattempt to "confiscate" any surviving copies. If a user has downloaded your work ahead-of-time, then we can't stop him from using it or sharing it.
      • We may intervene if someone reposts your work on the Resource Manager and falsely asserts authorship.
    • if you're simply unhappy with the quality of your work (e.g. it was a hasty first draft), then please consider posting an Update. Updates are less disruptive than the delete-and-repost approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iago

Content Creator
Hello, I discovered yesterday the Resources section and thought it was a great idea so I tried to upload a mod to see how it worked, thinking about slowly uploading the rest if all went well, and today I have found that the resource has gone through some heavy editing (a new picture bigger and background-free, more descriptions and a charcode for the example colors). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, the resource looks far better now, it's just that suddenly I feel bad knowing that someone is doing some extra work that I wasn't planning to do myself (I planned to ad descriptions when necessary, but this mod seemed pretty straightforward to me at the time). My question is: is this standard procedure or should I refrain myself from uploading anything else if I'm not willing to go that extra mile? I don't want to annoy anybody by uploading stuff they have to sistematically edit.

stuntcock

Content Creator
My question is: is this standard procedure
Sort of. I often download the attached files, just to ensure that the SWF file isn't corrupt, that the basic tags are correct (e.g. "sdt loader" vs "vanilla", "hair mod" vs "clothing mod") and to look for any exceptions during loading (so that I can tag stuff with "sdt loader compatibility errors" and review it later). Once I've gone that far, it doesn't take much extra effort to grab a high-resolution screenshot.

or should I refrain myself from uploading anything else if I'm not willing to go that extra mile?
Please upload your work in whatever form you like. There's no minimum-quality standard. There's also no "completeness" requirement. If you want to upload your Top Five mods then that's fine. If you want to upload everything (but get bored and give up halfway through) then that's fine also. If you want to leave all of your old work as-is and just upload new work as Resources - no problem.

Each Resource can handle up to 50 tags, and any user can add Tags to an existing Resource. IIRC I added one tag to your Straw Hat. It's conceivable that a user will arrive six months from now, and add the tag "wide brim" or "summer clothing" or "beachwear" or "millinery". Such additions don't imply that you or I have failed in our initial tagging work -- it's an indication that the system is working as intended. Tagging is supposed to be an ongoing and collaborative effort.

As an example: while glancing over the recent uploads I noticed that some of the bikini tops were substantially smaller than others. So I tagged a few of them with "underboob". Am I going to review the entire backlog and make similar edits? Nope. Are authors required to use this tag if their costumes expose skin? Hell no. Are regular users able to apply this tag if they want to - because it will help them (and their friends) to find skimpy clothing? Yes.

Huitznahua Huitznahua has tagged some of his Resources with "cleavage" - same idea.

Similarly: the overwhelming majority of SDT mods apply to the female character. I initially tagged a few Resources with "female" but eventually gave up and just tagged the "male" ones instead. The absence of a "female" tag is not an indictment of your work (or mine). If someone wants to fill in the missing female tags then they're welcome to do so, but I'd prefer to see modders focus their time on more productive avenues.

I don't want to annoy anybody by uploading stuff they have to sistematically edit.
The editing is relatively quick and painless. I added the description of RGB slider behavior because when I loaded your mod it was a featureless black shape. It's obvious to me that this happened because my RGB sliders were set to black, but that fact might not be obvious to a novice user. They might have assumed that it was a bug.

And here's the thing: let's imagine that your posts suck (they don't) and that nobody can be bothered to edit them (this is false). A set of half-tagged Resources with poor descriptions and tiny thumbnail images is still much more accessible and useful than a set of attachments inside spoiler tags in a thread somewhere.

Iago

Content Creator
Ok, thanks for the answer, I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't bothering anyone. I'll try tu upload as much of my work as I can before I get tired (last count was 269 mods, not counting tops converted to overtops), but I will be doing it now and then depending on inspiration and time.

Sickerton

Content Creator
It's looking really slick so far, but I have a couple questions concerning the "Fiction" section since it seems to be the odd one out in terms of content style.

• Does the "Feedback thread" guideline also apply to the Fiction section, or does the nature of the media make that superfluous? Like would cross-posting stuff currently in the Fiction forum then linking to the original as the feedback thread be seen as proper form, or an unnecessary clogging up of the system?

• If a work of fiction has chapters, and those chapters while somewhat linking together can wildly vary in content, would it be better to upload them all in one entry or as individual entries? A single upload would take up less "space" and not be as much of a clutter, but individual uploads would allow more specific and useful tags (For an example of what I mean, a thread of mine over in the fiction section is a pretty good example of warning tags rapidly degenerating into a hot mess as warning-worthy content in a series increases. Characters aren't even listed besides the "lead" because they got too numerous/content warnings took priority over them, and the content tags themselves don't tell you much on what content happens where so much as the content is in there somewhere)

• In the previous site incarnation there was a "blog" function, where users could post blog-ish stuff that fell under the interests of the forum. Has that been completely expunged, or does this new section cover that as well? As another example, I used to utilize the old blog system for supplementary pieces to stories that while -- not actually tales in themselves -- were intended to enhance the experiences or provide extra value to readers who found interest in something a certain story was about and wanted to get a little bit more. While the original blog posts went the way of the dodo with the last site, I still have the original text files and it wouldn't be terribly difficult re-post them with a "blog" tag or something like that. Good idea or bad idea?

Also less important but a more just-want-to-know thing: Is the "Moderator has to look over it before actual publishing" step also going to go for every section? I could see a mod cranking through a lot of SDT hairs and clothing in short order, but a queue of games, long stories, or big videos seems like it could get unwieldy fairly fast.

stuntcock

Content Creator
  • Does the "Feedback thread" guideline also apply to the Fiction section, or does the nature of the media make that superfluous? Like would cross-posting stuff currently in the Fiction forum then linking to the original as the feedback thread be seen as proper form, or an unnecessary clogging up of the system?
The system is intended to make content easier to find. If you post one-story-per-thread (or one-collection-of-related-stories-per-thread) then you could simply apply tags to your thread and users will be able to find it. Hence, there would be no need to repost your work in the RM.

We won't get upset at anyone for posting valid content. "Clogging up the system" is not an issue, nor is duplicate posting of material (e.g. submitting a story as both an RM entry and a thread post). It's all about what works for authors. If you're comfortable sharing your stories in threads then you're welcome to continue doing so. If you find threads inconvenient (e.g. because there are a bunch of "Cool story bro!" feedback posts between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3) then you're welcome to experiment with the RM.

• If a work of fiction has chapters, and those chapters while somewhat linking together can wildly vary in content, would it be better to upload them all in one entry or as individual entries? A single upload would take up less "space" and not be as much of a clutter, but individual uploads would allow more specific and useful tags (For an example of what I mean, a thread of mine over in the fiction section is a pretty good example of warning tags rapidly degenerating into a hot mess as warning-worthy content in a series increases. Characters aren't even listed besides the "lead" because they got too numerous/content warnings took priority over them, and the content tags themselves don't tell you much on what content happens where so much as the content is in there somewhere)
Great example! Your thread includes so much varied content that tagging becomes ineffective. For a similar mod-related example, we could consider Dante's thread. He would need to tag his thread with "blonde", "brunette", "redhead", "male", "female", "long hair", "short hair", etc... We'd hit the 50-tag limit long before we catalogued everything. Anyone visiting the thread on a specific errand (e.g. "I want blondes") would need to expand dozens of Spoiler tags in order to actually find the content that he wants. Similarly: someone visiting your story for spanking scenes might need to scroll past a lot of character development and exposition.

The RM offers a solution for Dante's thread: package each mod as a separate Resource with its own tags. Your chapterized Resource proposal might be an effective way to present your stories. Presumably you'd include an "index page" at the top of each chapter for quick navigation. Or perhaps you'd just tag each chapter of your story with a special "Juri Han Versus The World" tag (so that you can release a new chapter without needing to edit each of the previous ones).

Please feel free to experiment with the RM in order to find an approach which works for you and your readers. The Guidelines were written mainly in the context of video game mods; some of the suggestions may be irrelevant or inapplicable to your work. I will ask you to please be diligent about tagging extreme content (such as rape, death, etc) -- but it looks like you're already on-board with that policy.

• In the previous site incarnation there was a "blog" function, where users could post blog-ish stuff that fell under the interests of the forum. Has that been completely expunged, or does this new section cover that as well?
XenForo doesn't offer blogging as a core feature. It's available but most of the options cost money. It isn't mentioned on the tracker.

d£t d£t is the one who would make the decision, but he isn't necessarily involved in the day-to-day operations of the various forums. He may not know how users employed blogging - whether it was an important tool for publishing work and remaining in contact (or whether it was just a gimmick). So ... get in touch with d£t d£t ; explain your use-cases and why you think that a blogging feature would be useful for Undertow.

As another example, I used to utilize the old blog system for supplementary pieces to stories that while -- not actually tales in themselves -- were intended to enhance the experiences or provide extra value to readers who found interest in something a certain story was about and wanted to get a little bit more. While the original blog posts went the way of the dodo with the last site, I still have the original text files and it wouldn't be terribly difficult re-post them with a "blog" tag or something like that. Good idea or bad idea?
Please hold off on this for now. It may become redundant (e.g. because you convince detritus to provide blog support). If we decide to incorporate blog entries as Resources, then I'd like to setup a proper subcategory for them (instead of mixing them into the Fiction category).

Also less important but a more just-want-to-know thing: Is the "Moderator has to look over it before actual publishing" step also going to go for every section? I could see a mod cranking through a lot of SDT hairs and clothing in short order, but a queue of games, long stories, or big videos seems like it could get unwieldy fairly fast.
Moderators have wide discretion in the approval process. Our initial concern is "style" rather than "substance" - we want to ensure that each Resource has a meaningful title and description, an reasonable set of tags, and (usually) a preview image.

There's no requirement for Moderators to actually download the file and verify that it runs, or virus-scan it, or check it for originality (e.g. "aha! This is actually a plagiarized repost of a nude mod from 2014!") Conversely: there's no expectation that a Moderator will read an entire story before approving it. The moderation queue is a very basic filter - it prevents people from posting hardcore porn or shock images directly onto the front page, and it will reject obvious spam (such as a Resource entry which is just a phishing link).

Beyond that, Moderators can use the system to provide feedback to creators about guidelines, tagging standards, upload formats, compatibility problems, search optimization, etc... You'll presumably see more support during quiet intervals. If there are twenty items in the queue, Moderators may revert to the simple rubber-stamp procedure.

The actual response will vary depending on the Moderator's workload and specialty. If I see a SDT modder uploading weird stuff to the RM, then I might offer direct feedback (or just edit the Resource myself). If I see an author uploading poorly-formatted fiction, then I might tell him "hey buddy your Resources aren't setup properly; please check out Sickerton Sickerton 's work and try to follow his example."

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
The blogging function isn't coming back. I held up that feature for about five years and it saw very little use. And I mean very little. There isn't much functionality it provided that you couldn't get from a forum thread. It was mostly just a different presentation.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there some way to track when new items are added to the Resource Manager?

You can select a Category in the RM and then click the "Watch Category" link which appears at the top-right corner of the page.

0i3mTvL.jpg

You'll be able to choose between forum notifications and email notifications.

If you've downloaded a particular Resource, then you'll Watch it automatically. You'll automatically be notified about any Updates that are published. "Update" is defined as "an increment in the version number of the Resource." It excludes minor changes, so you won't receive messages about edits to the Resource's FAQ or an adjustment of its screenshots. You can review your Watchlist by clicking here.

There's currently no convenient way to quickly "purge" your Watchlist. We anticipate that most Resources won't be updated very frequently, so we don't anticipate anyone getting inundated with dozens of unwanted notifications. If there are a few items which are generating spam then you can easily Unwatch them (or complain to a staff member -- if you think that the Resource author is just being a dick).

You can also Watch a Resource manually, even if it doesn't have a download link (e.g. because it's a tutorial writeup) or if you decide not to download it (e.g. because it's a 2GB uncompressed texture file and you're waiting for the cleaned-up miniaturized version).

AdrianMcClean

Content Creator
It's looking great so far, thanks for providing it! Finally, a replacement for the awful rambling threads, broken links, and unnavigable spoiler tags. An observation and some questions:
  • Currently tag search results are shown with user avatars, not resource thumbnails. Seeing the resource thumb would be much more useful.
  • Is it OK for randos like myself to archive stuff from the Anonymous archive or from an artist's thread if no modifications have been made? For now I'm playing it safe by only uploading my mods of mods.
  • How are duplicates spotted? Checksum or hash of some sort?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Currently tag search results are shown with user avatars, not resource thumbnails. Seeing the resource thumb would be much more useful.
Known issue. There's a partial solution: if you perform a text search (such as the word "lightyear") which returns both Posts and Resources, then you'll see that the Resources are displayed with their proper icons while the Posts show avatars. We're hoping to apply this solution to the tag search results as well.
Is it OK for randos like myself to archive stuff from the Anonymous archive or from an artist's thread if no modifications have been made? For now I'm playing it safe by only uploading my mods of mods.
Yes. Refer to this post.

I'd prefer to migrate "live" content in inactive threads (denoted by the <resource migration> tag) before moving on to the Archive stuff, simply because there's a lot of duplicate material and dross in the Archive. Many of the old PNG files were created on small templates and exhibit cropping errors. I think that the Undertow users would be better served if we prioritize newer mods. But you're free to focus on Archive material if you want to.

If you're interested then contact me via PM for details.
How are duplicates spotted? Checksum or hash of some sort?
Nothing as fancy as that; we're relying on user vigilance to spot duplicates (at which point we'll either merge the entries or delete one of them). If stuff is tagged properly then it will be pretty easy to identify existing content which is similar to the thing you're about to upload -- this will hopefully cut down on accidental reposts.

Iago

Content Creator
Hello, I have a couple of questions:

First, Is there any way to change the icon image? I have started making upgrades of some mods and some of them look quite different from the original ones. I've looked around in the edit window in search of a way to change the icon but to no use.

Second: I have upgraded all of my vanilla bras (which use the Top slot) into Loader bras (which use the Bra slot). I was planning to simply upgrade the vanilla resources and change the tags to Loader, but maybe I should add a new resource. Is there any official guideline on the subject?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
First, Is there any way to change the icon image? I have started making upgrades of some mods and some of them look quite different from the original ones. I've looked around in the edit window in search of a way to change the icon but to no use.
"Download Tools" on the right and then "Edit Download Icon".

Second: I have upgraded all of my vanilla bras (which use the Top slot) into Loader bras (which use the Bra slot). I was planning to simply upgrade the vanilla resources and change the tags to Loader, but maybe I should add a new resource. Is there any official guideline on the subject?
I think you should update the ancient ressources instead of create new ones. But it's just my personal opinion, nothing mandatory.

Iago

Content Creator
Thanks for the answers. I agree with you, I'm already populating the resources with slight variants of the same mod (wait 'till I start uploading dresses). Adding two that look exactly the same semmed a bit excesive to me, but I thought I should ask.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've looked around in the edit window in search of a way to change the icon but to no use.

iX8Mlk5.jpg

There's no official policy; it's an author-preference thing.

My approach is that each Download should have a consistent set of Tags. So when I traced @Chance's Rosalina hairstyle, I simply posted the vectorized version as an update to the existing Resource entry. The raster and vector versions of the hairstyle were essentially identical, and their Tags overlapped completely -- they were both <blonde hair>, both included a <crown>, etc.

When I decided to animate it, the resulting file carried several new tags (such as <dynamic hair>). So I posted it as a separate download.

However, this is just my policy and it isn't universally applicable. Let's say that you "upgrade" one of your files into a Loader version, and you decide that the new version is so much better than you don't want anyone to play with the old file anymore (e.g. because you're constantly getting complaints or Tech Support inquiries about it). In that case, you might post the new file as an Update and then manually edit all of the Tags so that they correspond to the new version. You could even delete the old file from the "version history" subpage so that it's no longer accessible to the public.

It's your work; you get to decide how it's published. Unless you start distributing pirated software or filling your SWFs with malware installers, the admin team isn't going to second-guess your decisions.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Thanks for the answers. I agree with you, I'm already populating the resources with slight variants of the same mod (wait 'till I start uploading dresses). Adding two that look exactly the same semmed a bit excesive to me, but I thought I should ask.
Well, I wasn't thinking of any abuse from your part. I should have specify in my previous post that the RM keep ALL the versions of the resource. You can look at the tab "Version History" of some mod in the RM.

Iago

Content Creator
Thanks again to both of you. I've already upgraded one bra. I'll add some comments about the availability of older versions.

Iago

Content Creator
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but since it is related with the tags and I haven't found any thread more appropiate here it goes: I've just noticed that clicking on a tag will only show the 200 most recent resources with that tag (I'm quite sure we already have more than that number of "hair mod" or "clothing mod" mods). Maybe that's how it is suposed to be or maybe the issue has been already discussed somewhere else but I thought I should mention it.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Maybe that's how it is suposed to be or maybe the issue has been already discussed somewhere else but I thought I should mention it.
I'm not sure whether that's how it's supposed to be, but I'm willing to accept it.

I don't really expect anybody to scroll through 10 pages of search results. I expect them to click on the first few items and then refine their search terms. Example:

<hair mod> exceeds the 200-item cap.

<hair mod> + <blonde hair> + <long hair> + <ponytail> yields a single page of results, which is more manageable.

----------------------​

There are two scenarios in which I can imagine someone actually browsing through many pages of mods:
  • I've just discovered a particular artist, and I've fallen in love with their art style. I want to see whether they've created any characters that I recognize.
    • Browsing through the Downloads for a particular author is already possible, and it ignores the 10-page cap. For example: check out Mineur's stuff (22 pages and still growing!)
  • I've just discovered the game; I don't really know what's available. I want to look around and discover what sort of characters and sexual fetishes can be realized via mods.
    • In this case, it's more effective to just scroll through the entire list of SDT mods, in descending order of popularity.
    • The newbie will be presented with a set of mods which are (presumably) ready-to-use, and which cover the most common sexual tastes.
    • The newbie can subsequently branch out (via the tagging system) to get into the more specialized stuff (e.g. <bondage> or <penis replacer> or whatever).
    • If the newbie loves redheads then they can use the refined-search technique to obtain a handful of suitable redhead hairstyles.

----------------------​

If you can think of scenarios in which the 10-page cap is too restrictive, or if you'd like to raise additional concerns (e.g. older mods getting unfairly overlooked/neglected because of the implicit sort-by-date policy), then please feel free to share them here. If the discussion gets too long (or veers off-topic) then I'll just move it into a separate thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.