Resistance vs First_Throat vs Pull_Off in Dialogues (1 Viewer)

BM

Potential Patron
So I'm trying to write my first dialog and I've looked at the tutorials (as well as some dialogues other people have made).

One question I still have is exactly when Resistance, First_Throat, and Pull_Off lines are played. The tutorials disagree slightly on this, but as far as I can tell from my experimenting they're all incorrect.

For example, Slingerbuilt says that Pull_Off lines never occur before the first deep throat, but I've seen them occur prematurely several times. This can mess things up, obviously.

Resistance and First_Throat definitely don't seem to play after the first deep throat, and First_Throat lines definitely seem to only play once, but I haven't been able to figure out why sometimes Resistance plays before First_Throat and sometimes First_Throat plays before Resistance.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I can confirm your observations apart from first_throat triggering only once - I'm pretty sure I've seen it fire multiple times, but I couldn't say definitively either way :/

What I usually do is simply first_throat:"[resistance]" (in thought or him style), so that SDT no longer differentiates between them. They are visually similar (I mean, you can't tell by inspection that *that* was a first throat, whereas *this* was merely "resistance") so if I can't tell them apart, I don't want to rely on SDT doing so either. If it is as you say, that it only triggers once, I suppose this could be used to fire lines during intro that you only want to see once.

pull_off is often (but not reliably) triggered whenever there is movement of her lips along the shaft away from the balls IIRC. Lately I've been using this a lot for hand job automation in the intro. You set pull_off to go into hand job mode, and hand job stroke to change hand position yet again so as to resume the sucking. Anyway, if you want actual text lines here, it's best to make them thought/him since she can still have a mouth full of cock when they trigger. Also, they will get repetitive throughout an entire session unless you use some means of progression or LOTS of lines :)

BM

Potential Patron
Ok, I've tested a whole bunch more times. I used mrpower's "Brainwashed" since that one is simple and has clearly distinct first_throat, resistance, and pull_off lines.

I am not sure why, but even in dozens of tests I could NOT get Resistance to ever play before First_Throat anymore. I'm 100% certain it did last night before I made the OP here, but conceivably that was some kind of side effect of my clumsy practice edits of that dialogue. Now I'm using the original again and first_throat is indeed always first and is indeed played exactly once and then never again.

However, pull_off continues to trigger both before and after the first deep throat. It's much more reliable afterward for whatever reason.

I can't figure out how to control when it plays yet. I can confirm that pull_off lines can play whether you manually pull the woman off or she pulls herself off. I am fairly confident that speed of the removing doesn't matter. I am fairly confident that the game does not decide between resistance and pull_off lines randomly though because if it did, one would expect pull_off to be WAY more common than it is before the first deep throat.

Edit: I did yet more testing and suddenly I can get resistance before first_throat afterall. Ugh, this is so confusing.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
there is a set distance of 150 used for FIRST_THROAT, and hilting (complete distance gone) will trigger first_dt

depending on intro setting for character, might be possible to get resistance before first throat

Code:
if (this.intro && !g.penisOut)
                {
                    if (this.penisInMouthDist >= this.maxIntroDist - 13)
                    {
                        g.dialogueControl.buildState(Dialogue.RESISTANCE, Dialogue.FRAME_BUILD);
                        if (!this.introPosToBeMoved)
                        {
                            this.introPosToBeMoved = true;
                        }
                    }
                }
                if (this.penisInMouthDist > this.deepthroatDistance && !g.penisOut)
                {
                    if (!this.held)
                    {
                        g.soundControl.startHolding();
                        this.nextCoughTime = Math.floor(Math.random() * 210) + 30;
                        this.tears.addTearSpot();
                        if (!g.autoModeOn && this.userHasClicked < 3 && this.heldTimer > 150)
                        {
                            g.clickPrompt.fadeIn();
                        }
                        this.coughBuild = this.coughBuild + Math.random() * 2;
                        if (this.intro)
                        {
                            g.dialogueControl.buildState(Dialogue.FIRST_THROAT, Dialogue.ONE_OFF_BUILD * 2);
                        }
                        this.held = true;
                    }
                    if (this.firstDT)
                    {
                        this.coughBuild = this.coughBuild + 0.2;
                        g.setBreathTo(g.outOfBreathPoint);
                        this.wince();
                    }
                    this.previousResistance = this.resistance.lower;
                    g.addBreath(0.1);
                    this.pullOff = Math.min(1, this.pullOff + this.pullOffPower.current);
                    this.pullOffPower.current = Math.min(this.pullOffPower.max, this.pullOffPower.current + this.pullOffPower.increase);
                    g.dialogueControl.buildState(Dialogue.PULL_OFF, Dialogue.FRAME_BUILD);
                }

BM

Potential Patron
SBY, could you explain what that code means? I'm not familiar with the language.

And in practical terms, does it mean there's any kind of simple setting change that would ensure that first_throat always occurs before resistance? Or a way to ensure that pull_off does not occur before the first deep throat?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Well, I think pull_off is triggered from the mouth moving along the shaft, so it makes sense it triggers more reliably after first_dt, because then the length of travel along the shaft is longer. Should also mean seeing more "premature" pull_off lines with greater cock lengths.

If you're really picky about what plays first, you can always use a variable substitution. For example, let's use the progression variable *prog* like so:

pull_off:"[pof*prog*]"
first_throat:"[ft*prog*]"
resistance:"[res*prog*]"

Then you could leave the res0 and pof0 lines undefined, set *prog* to 0 in initial settings, and have it increase to 1 as ft0 triggers. This way, you KNOW that no pull_off or resistance lines will ever trigger until that first_throat line triggers first, because ft0 is the only line that's defined when prog is 0, so it's the only one that can play. Similarly, you could set prog to something else upon first_dt so that pull_off lines won't play before this event. In this manner, dialogues can be made almost 100% linear. You're only problem is if that first_throat lines doesn't trigger at all for some reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.