Resident Evil Remake 2 (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
And We are Back to normal , Remake 2 is confirmed to be an OTS game and it is confirmed that Claire will have its own campaign like the originals

The trailer heavily focused on Leon with one shot of Claire , So I guess we will see Claire's footage later

Lokolol

Swell Supporter

Attachments

• RE2_Gamescom_OS_02.jpg
    RE2_Gamescom_OS_02.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 256

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Hmm, that can't be the full death scene, can it? lol

Kind of looks like they cut it off before he actually finishes her. At least I hope that is the case. Would be weird to have generic zombies with more brutal kills than Birkin himself.

Also, can whoever the hell is directing these voice actors give the Claire VA some smelling salts because she sounds half asleep while delivering these lines. You got some half-mutated Juggernaut racing towards you and there is absolutely no emotion in your voice? Terrible performance.

But yeah, besides that the game is looking amazing so far. Hoping we get a classic outfit as an unlockable for Claire.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I guess if this isn't the full death scene then there must be two reasons for it

1-) As I am seeing Japanese subtitles , then this could be the Japanese Z Version which is the Cut version

2-) Those are Gameplay Trailers rather than direct streams so I guess thats why they made a cinematic touch and cut to black before the finishing move as we didn't see the gameover screen like the ones we saw in Leon's Demo

If this is really all of the gameover , then OMG , What a shame it will be

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Yeah, I guess it is the Japanese z version, the fact that they are making 2 versions in Japan gives me hope that we will get some gruesome deaths

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I'm not convinced that is a death scene at all actually. RE has been rather consistent on having the player character limp or at least seem winded when heavily injured while low on health and Claire was moving around like she was at full health just before the smash to black. (Even though she took several hits throughout the video; I'm guessing infinite health for demo purposes.)
If anything it looks like a setup for a heavily damaging attack, like slamming her to the ground and then throwing her away, or perhaps a hold you need to struggle out of like the squeezing hold of the Gigante from RE4.

Considering all the other gore they've shown, it's clear they aren't shying away from some gruesome stuff. The game over stuff with Leon looked to be less The Last of Us 'smash to black' and more more like The Evil Within... complete with obnoxious camera shuttering just after the action 'starts'.
I wouldn't be worried; they're aiming at a western market, and lord knows Americans looove their blood and guts.

Pretty sure RE7 had two versions; a "Z" version, and a standard 'retail' version rated D I believe.
To my understanding the Z rating is akin to the AO rating from the ESRB, generally a 'not for children' thing either due to excessive sexual content or extreme violence and gore. Though I've heard that even with the Z version of RE7 isn't quite as uncensored as the overseas versions.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster

Death scene at 2:22
Unfortunately, pretty lame to be honest

Hmm, that can't be the full death scene, can it? lol

Kind of looks like they cut it off before he actually finishes her. At least I hope that is the case. Would be weird to have generic zombies with more brutal kills than Birkin himself.

Also, can whoever the hell is directing these voice actors give the Claire VA some smelling salts because she sounds half asleep while delivering these lines. You got some half-mutated Juggernaut racing towards you and there is absolutely no emotion in your voice? Terrible performance.

But yeah, besides that the game is looking amazing so far. Hoping we get a classic outfit as an unlockable for Claire.
I'm not convinced that is a death scene at all actually. RE has been rather consistent on having the player character limp or at least seem winded when heavily injured while low on health and Claire was moving around like she was at full health just before the smash to black. (Even though she took several hits throughout the video; I'm guessing infinite health for demo purposes.)
If anything it looks like a setup for a heavily damaging attack, like slamming her to the ground and then throwing her away, or perhaps a hold you need to struggle out of like the squeezing hold of the Gigante from RE4.

Considering all the other gore they've shown, it's clear they aren't shying away from some gruesome stuff. The game over stuff with Leon looked to be less The Last of Us 'smash to black' and more more like The Evil Within... complete with obnoxious camera shuttering just after the action 'starts'.
I wouldn't be worried; they're aiming at a western market, and lord knows Americans looove their blood and guts.

Pretty sure RE7 had two versions; a "Z" version, and a standard 'retail' version rated D I believe.
To my understanding the Z rating is akin to the AO rating from the ESRB, generally a 'not for children' thing either due to excessive sexual content or extreme violence and gore. Though I've heard that even with the Z version of RE7 isn't quite as uncensored as the overseas versions.

Fortunately , I heard that the footage was indeed edited in that gameplay trailer and that the death scene is lengthy and is extended beyond that

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Good news that the Birkin death scene was cut short in the released footage. Thanks for that info. Wonder what he does to finish her off or even if he has multiple different kill animations. The zombies seem to have a few different ones so I am hoping that is the case for other enemies.

Regarding the leaked Ada pic, I am assuming she loses the shades pretty quickly. They look a little goofy, lol. The heels and trench coat looked kind of nice from the initial trailer, though. But I am assuming she loses the coat as well at some point.

A little upset that Mercenaries, Raid and Extreme Battle Modes have all apparently been deconfirmed. I am just hoping that we get something similar where you chose different characters and go against different enemies. I would hate to have some enemies/bosses that Leon faces in his campaign and never have the ability to face off against them as Claire/Ada. It would be a waste of potentially good ryona.

But yeah, lets see what they reveal at the upcoming TGS.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
A little upset that Mercenaries, Raid and Extreme Battle Modes have all apparently been deconfirmed. I am just hoping that we get something similar where you chose different characters and go against different enemies. I would hate to have some enemies/bosses that Leon faces in his campaign and never have the ability to face off against them as Claire/Ada. It would be a waste of potentially good ryona.

As far as I know , They deconfirmed Mercenaries and Raid modes but they didn't comment on Battle Extreme , so there is some hope

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, the Merc and Raid deconfirmations are a bit more official, but if you go to this link and listen to what she was about to say at 21:57:

It seems like she was about to blurt out that Extreme Battle Mode wasn't in the game. However, maybe she was confusing Merc/Raid with Extreme Battle Mode. The way she quickly backtracked and said that she has no announcements at this time I guess gives me a little hope that it might actually be in.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, really hoping that the Licker has some kind of grapple using it's tongue. Would be cool if they could ambush the player from above and slowly hang them. Then the player could use the knife to slice the tongue and escape.

Obviously, it will have some sort of unique kill animation with the lunging tackle that it does, but it looks like it uses it's claw to land the finishing blow during that one. Would be a waste of an opportunity to not use it's unique feature, the tongue, as part of a kill animation. The same way that it seems strange that Pipe Birkin won't use the pipe as part of a finishing kill.

So I am hoping that these monsters have more than one single kill animation to them. We have seen a couple different ones already from the normal zombies so hopefully these other monsters follow suit.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster

Found another. This one has two 'special' Claire death animations, one by Birkin and one by a Licker.
Both are incredibly disappointing.

The player put their back directly against a wall during the Birkin one, which caused the camera to get stuck and we don't see squat. (It's clearly not the intentional scene because of the jerky motions the camera makes during the scene.)
I found the Licker scene to also be disappointing. It seemed to be the same animation, only Claire stays down and the Licker hisses at the sky, it just isn't interesting.

I gotta say, I really, really, dislike the way they're handling the death sequences. Specifically, I really hate that 'shutter' effect where the camera flickers black constantly. Its both distracting, and actually hard on the eyes.

We just can't catch a break, can we?
Well, at least they confirmed that the 'classic outfits' would be in the game, as unlockables at that. Though I really don't like the changes they made to Claire's outfit. The lack of sleeves or gloves on her outfit just make the outfit seem off to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.