Monster Hunter World Nude Mod Potential (1 Viewer)

Boronic

Swell Supporter
yeah the texture from that link is pretty off. the texture that came with the dober armor mod looks better despite not having anything for the crotch area.

PufferFish

Avid Affiliate
Well, I figured out how to convert the textures. And I *finally* figured out how to get them back in the game too. Messed around with it for a couple hours today. Making progress. But I'm tired, so I'm going to bed. But I'll work on it a bit tomorrow. But I'm liking it much better already. I'll finish it tomorrow probably and upload it to the Nexus. And describe the process better. Although it's clear as mud.

Attachments

• 582010_screenshots_20180903123150_1.jpg
    582010_screenshots_20180903123150_1.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 1,801

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Well, I figured out how to convert the textures. And I *finally* figured out how to get them back in the game too. Messed around with it for a couple hours today. Making progress. But I'm tired, so I'm going to bed. But I'll work on it a bit tomorrow. But I'm liking it much better already. I'll finish it tomorrow probably and upload it to the Nexus. And describe the process better. Although it's clear as mud.
exiting! id like to know how to do this too. most of the textures editors ive messed with have not been working.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers also there is a modding discord that people can ask questions in. (although all the nsfw talk would probably be limited to the nsfw channel)

PufferFish

Avid Affiliate
I finished my initial mod. It can be found on the Nexus. MHW Female Birthday Suit

Hope you guys find it more to your liking. I'm going to play a bit with my friend, then I'll be back and describe the process a bit. I linked the tutorial I found in my mod description, so you can read that. But it wasn't an easy process so I'll answer what questions I can.

Edit: Alright, so basically I followed the tutorial found here: [Tutorial] How to import/export BM, NM (BC1, BC5U, BC7) textures - General Monster Hunter: World Discussion - The Nexus Forums

And to extract the texture I needed the program Rawtex, found here: XeNTaX • View topic - Raw texture previewer/converter
But you need to register for that site to download it. Then you extract the texture in size 1024, and compression method BC7. It will still look all screwed up in Photoshop unless you have the Intel Texture Works Plugin installed: Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop* by GameTechDev
I don't think you can edit these with Gimp or any other program other than Photoshop right now, but I'm not sure.

Once you do all of that, you can edit the texture. Now here's where it gets really tricky. To get the texture back in the game you have to save it as a DDS file, using the BC7 compression. Then drag that texture file on the Texture converter from Nexus: Texture Converter
But it's still not ready yet. You have to actually HexEdit the file. I used a free Hex editor called HxD Hex Editor. First you have to open the original .tex file. And the first 17 lines you have to copy. Down through line 00000100. Then open your new .tex file, and from there, you pretty much have to guess. I had to go down and highlight from the top, down to line 00000140 and replace all of it, with the original .tex file lines. And then you can put the .tex file in the game directory...

See? Clear as mud.

Last edited:

Boronic

Swell Supporter
I finished my initial mod. It can be found on the Nexus. MHW Female Birthday Suit

Hope you guys find it more to your liking. I'm going to play a bit with my friend, then I'll be back and describe the process a bit. I linked the tutorial I found in my mod description, so you can read that. But it wasn't an easy process so I'll answer what questions I can.

Edit: Alright, so basically I followed the tutorial found here: [Tutorial] How to import/export BM, NM (BC1, BC5U, BC7) textures - General Monster Hunter: World Discussion - The Nexus Forums

And to extract the texture I needed the program Rawtex, found here: XeNTaX • View topic - Raw texture previewer/converter
But you need to register for that site to download it. Then you extract the texture in size 1024, and compression method BC7. It will still look all screwed up in Photoshop unless you have the Intel Texture Works Plugin installed: Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop* by GameTechDev
I don't think you can edit these with Gimp or any other program other than Photoshop right now, but I'm not sure.

Once you do all of that, you can edit the texture. Now here's where it gets really tricky. To get the texture back in the game you have to save it as a DDS file, using the BC7 compression. Then drag that texture file on the Texture converter from Nexus: Texture Converter
But it's still not ready yet. You have to actually HexEdit the file. I used a free Hex editor called HxD Hex Editor. First you have to open the original .tex file. And the first 17 lines you have to copy. Down through line 00000100. Then open your new .tex file, and from there, you pretty much have to guess. I had to go down and highlight from the top, down to line 00000140 and replace all of it, with the original .tex file lines. And then you can put the .tex file in the game directory...

See? Clear as mud.
sounds like a barrel of laughs. now all we need is nude/topless mods for the handler and the gathering hub ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.