Left 4 Dead Backgrounds (In New Format, 700x825) (1 Viewer)

MalaD

Potential Patron
Just found out about the witch hair import (it was still news to me), so I thought I'd put together some backgrounds.
Removed some fine-not-great backgrounds; if you miss them for some reason, let me know via a message & I'll send them to you.
There's only a few for now since I'm new to this and using a weak program. Meaning I spent a long while on a number of ultimately useless backgrounds.
These are the ones that I liked enough to post. More soon.

Essentially three different angles of the first safe room (Stage 1-->2 transition) in The Parish.
[attachthumb=2]

[attachthumb=3]

[attachthumb=4]

And the one that makes me kind of uncomfortable, but I thought I'd include it anyways.
[attachthumb=1]

If anyone else has any more they'd like to add to the thread, feel welcome.

Attachments

• Left4Dead_TheParish-IRL-AwkwardMuch.png
    Left4Dead_TheParish-IRL-AwkwardMuch.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,735
  • L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Door_Light.jpg
    L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Door_Light.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,732
  • L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Door-Stairs_Light.jpg
    L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Door-Stairs_Light.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Grafitti-Stairs_Light.jpg
    L4D2_Parish1-2Safe_Front-Grafitti-Stairs_Light.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,745

MalaD

Potential Patron
I cannot think of a better time for one. Orgasms release endorphins, and as we all know, morale is going to be key for surviving World War Z.
;D

baz

Potential Patron
It would make more sense without the infected in the background, if you took the screenshots you could just remove the infected before you took the shot with console commands such as nb_delete_all (deletes all NPCs, sv_cheats 1 must be turned on). A saferoom or two would also make for some logical locations.

Pilot13

Potential Patron
Yep ! It would be really nice if someone would add some left 4 dead backgrounds with out zombies and especially safe rooms .

Hope someone will do it .

MalaD

Potential Patron
"Fixed." Not perfect, but much better I think. Thanks for the tips, keep them coming (and keep them constructive like the above).

Also, if anyone knows a practical way to remove the crosshairs, please post that here. Sadly, no TF2-like options to tweak; you have to edit it out later or take a screenshot the second between crosshairs disappearing & your character reaching out for an item.

Pilot13

Potential Patron
Hey why did you delete old backgrounds maybe someone wanted to download them .

Anyway I have an idea that should be not difficult to bring in life . Can you make some backgrounds in the end of some left 4 dead companies before you called resque transport . Firstly you will have nice view without zombies ( or just a few ) and secondly it is kinda of a good atmosphere . Especially interesting would be to see such open places as rooftop of mercy hospital ( heli landing place ) and heli landing place in the end of the parish and more safe rooms - showing not only the door and the wall but also furniture , guns , pills , medkits . The bridge of the parish and airport of dead air would be nice .

And thx a lot for what you have already made .

baz

Potential Patron
MalaD said:
"Fixed." Not perfect, but much better I think. Thanks for the tips, keep them coming (and keep them constructive like the above).

Also, if anyone knows a practical way to remove the crosshairs, please post that here. Sadly, no TF2-like options to tweak; you have to edit it out later or take a screenshot the second between crosshairs disappearing & your character reaching out for an item.

Crosshair 0

And if you want to hide other parts of the hud:

hidehud 4
Hides several things on the HUD

cl_drawhud 0
Hides several more things on the HUD

r_drawviewmodel 0
Removes your viewmodel, being your hands as infected or you gun as survivor

There are lots of ways to tweak the games (L4D & L4D2, and Source games in general) if you understand console commands, autoexecs and scripts, or simply download custom stuff... e.g., custom crosshair (colors, thickness & size, dynamic or static...), custom HUDs, custom main menus, custom radial menus, autoexecs, custom rates, binding console commands, scripts (netgraph on scoreboard, demo recording, ready up, server check, thirdpersonshoulder, custom glows, auto-fire and auto-reload, null-cancelling movement script...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.