HentaiBob's Sword Art Online Backgrounds (1 Viewer)

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
Hi everyone,
I'm back with new backgrounds :)
What can I say, I freaking love Sword Art Online!
All the backgrounds are 700x800 pixels and cropped from the episodes.

Since SClover13 has made these awesome SAO Hair/Costume Imports (please continue the good work :)), I decided to give something back ;)

So here it is, my first set of background for SAO (contains backgrounds from episodes 1 - 14)
Enjoy :)

Download the Aincrad Pack from Depositfiles.com

Aincrad - Heaven

Floor 1 - Black Iron Castle

Floor 1 - Fields

Floor 1 - Forest Field

Floor 1 - Town of Beginnings

Floor 11 - Taft

Floor 19 - Golgotha

Floor 22 - Coral

Floor 35 - Forest Maze

Floor 47 - Floria

Floor 47 - Hill of Memories

Floor 48 - Lindas

Floor 50 - Algade

Floor 55 - Dungeon Entrance

Floor 55 - Grandzam

Floor 55 - Western Mountain

Floor 57 - Martin

Floor 59 - Danac

Floor 61 - Selmburg

Floor 74 - Boss Room

Floor 74 - Dungeon

Floor 74 - Kamdet

Floor 75 - Collinia

Real World - Kirito's home

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
Here is my second set of background for SAO (contains backgrounds from episodes 15 - 25)
I am not 100% happy with those, but I did the best I could...
Furthermore I just decided to include some wide range pictures from flight scenes. You can just delete them if you don't like or use them.
Hope you like them!
Enjoy :)

Download the Alfheim Pack from Depositfiles.com

Feedback and/or Karma is very appreciated :)

Neutral Territory - Ancient Forest

Neutral Territory - Arun

Neutral Territory - Butterfly Valley

Neutral Territory - Lugru

Neutral Territory - The Lugru Corridor

Neutral Territory

Sylph Territory - Sylvein

World Tree - Base

World Tree - Cage

World Tree - Finale

World Tree - Laboratory

World Tree - Top

Real World - Bus Station

Real World - Hospital

Real World - Kirito's Home

Real World - SAO School

Real World - Suguha's Room

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
sclover13 said:
Hey Bobby Boy, nice bgs!

What quality vid are you pulling these from?

Thanks! But I'd probably never done it without your hairs/costume[(s) <--- please! ^^]

The "quality vids" are actually none xD
This is where I watched and downloaded the episodes (with the downloadhelper addon for firefox)
Afterwards I cut the two parts together to one video using the Freemake Video Converter.
(this has nothing to do with making the backgrounds, it's just for my own viewing pleasure)

The rest is pretty amateurish :P
Watching the episodes on fullscreen, waiting for a nice background and pressing "print screen"
Afterwards it's only GIMP (resizing the image and cropping 700x800 sections)
Sometimes I edit the image a little, like removing a bit of subtitles, but mostly I don't have to do anything.
There is one bg in this pack on which I used my full amateur-GIMP-abilities! ^^

It's "Floor 75 - Collinia (3)" ;)
Here is the original picture

... And that's it ^^

But I wish I would have a source for HQ and raw episodes, since sometimes the subtitles really ruin the perfect background shot for me and I have to find a way to work around it :P

EDIT
I already asked this in SClovers thread, but I'll ask again here anyway:
What do you guys think...
Should I include backgrounds without any ground since they can fly? Just watched a few ALO episodes and I am not catching enough good backgrounds for my taste. There are very nice bg's once they fly, but since the girl is always kneeing in SDT I'm not sure :-/

ycdtosa

Potential Patron
That's allot of stages :o

I don't mean to sound ungrateful because i like the stages anyways, but why did you go with 800 pixels instead of 825?

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
ycdtosa said:
That's allot of stages :o

I don't mean to sound ungrateful because i like the stages anyways, but why did you go with 800 pixels instead of 825?

No particular reason, I just somehow forgot 700x825 was possible too... sorry ^^

Sometimes the resolution would have been a little bit lower if I'd wanted to stretch it out to 825, but I don't think there is such a big difference anyway.

If you can point out some really good reasons, why 700x825 is so much better then 700x800...
I might redo the backgrounds sometime ;)

ycdtosa

Potential Patron
HentaiBob said:
No particular reason, I just somehow forgot 700x825 was possible too... sorry ^^

Sometimes the resolution would have been a little bit lower if I'd wanted to stretch it out to 825, but I don't think there is such a big difference anyway.

If you can point out some really good reasons, why 700x825 is so much better then 700x800...

There's no good reason too resize them really, won't make a big difference anyways and most would suffer from stretching. It's just kinda funny to me how you come up with 700x800, all the BGs i find are 700x825 or 700x600.

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
ycdtosa said:
HentaiBob said:

There's no good reason too resize them really, won't make a big difference anyways and most would suffer from stretching. It's just kinda funny to me how you come up with 700x800, all the BGs i find are 700x825 or 700x600.

lol, then I suppose this is kind of my "watermark" now ^^

Nigida

Potential Patron
That is a nice variety of backgrounds. I too was wondering from which source material the BG's were made, because the 720p release I watched looks a lot better when I captured screens from it. If you redo any of these I suggest downloading episodes from NyaaTorrents and use that stuff as source for images.

Nigida

Potential Patron
HentaiBob said:
Thanks for your suggestion, but I tend to avoid torrents, sorry...

Okay, maybe I could make some screens and upload them somewhere and then maybe you could go and make the BG file from that...?

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
You can get good screen-caps for many series (old and new) from Crunchy Roll.

Not a torrent site. Legit releases in HQ and free!

(For brand new ones you have to wait a week for the free stream).

Nigida

Potential Patron
Well, if it works in his region that will be alright. Crunchyroll claims that due to licensing regions, videos (and everything else as well) are not available in my region.

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
Availability Information

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.

:'(

Nigida said:
Okay, maybe I could make some screens and upload them somewhere and then maybe you could go and make the BG file from that...?

Sure we could do that, but this would mean a lot work for you too, wouldn't it?
Making the screens at the correct time, is over 75% of the work :P

Nigida

Potential Patron
HentaiBob said:
Availability Information

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.

:'(

Nigida said:

Sure we could do that, but this would mean a lot work for you too, wouldn't it?
Making the screens at the correct time, is over 75% of the work :P

Well, it's mostly time consuming and it takes a while. I'm not going to watch more than 2 episodes a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.