Hand tapping in intervals (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
Is it possible to have a mod where she has a chance to tap one of or both of her hands within a certain interval? For example, every 3 seconds a 50% chance of her tapping her hands in protest. Preferably such settings would be customizable. I think this would be great for scenarios where she is less than enthusiastic.

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I think you can do this already with dialogue triggers. You can make her tap hands when being choked, or when her breath is at a certain level for example. Indeed, you could do an entire dialogue without text and just reluctant behavior - recommend using the more moods mod if you go down that route.

Hank East

Content Creator
Slingerbult Slingerbult
Interesting. I'm afraid I don't know much about more advanced stuff like that with dialogues though, would you mind telling me how I could go about doing it?

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
this is a pretty straight forward mod, the vanilla code for her tapping hands is (in Her.as)
Code:
 if (this.held)
            {
                if (Math.random() + 0.97 < g.breathLevel / g.breathLevelMax)
                {
                    this.tapHands();
                }
            }

so this essentially means that when she runs out of air and is held down, there is a 3% chance a frame to tap hands
there is also a bit for when she clenches teeth, but can ignore that

if someone wants to try code modding, this is a super easy one to start off with. grab one of my other mod sources and throw some logic around when to decide to call
main.her.tapHands();

usually for timer stuff, i just use an int variable that i increase every frame, and then when it reaches a certain value just reset the variable back to 0.

Hank East

Content Creator
I think I tried (and failed) in the past to do a code mod, though I could always try again. Problem is I've no idea where to begin really :v

birboboi

Potential Patron
this is a pretty straight forward mod, the vanilla code for her tapping hands is (in Her.as)
Code:
 if (this.held)
            {
                if (Math.random() + 0.97 < g.breathLevel / g.breathLevelMax)
                {
                    this.tapHands();
                }
            }

so this essentially means that when she runs out of air and is held down, there is a 3% chance a frame to tap hands
there is also a bit for when she clenches teeth, but can ignore that

if someone wants to try code modding, this is a super easy one to start off with. grab one of my other mod sources and throw some logic around when to decide to call
main.her.tapHands();

usually for timer stuff, i just use an int variable that i increase every frame, and then when it reaches a certain value just reset the variable back to 0.
how can I make this? do I just open any of your .as files in notepad++ and yeet this in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.