Gob's Cartoon BGs (Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, etc.) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter gob_bluth
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
G

gob_bluth

Hi everyone. I've been enjoying the depth of possibilities within this game for a while now, and over the course of that period I garnered a fair amount of BGs, and having enjoyed the work and creativity from many users on this site, I thought I'd attempt to give something back and make those BGs available.

As will quickly become obvious below, I focused on an area that was somewhat underrepresented in my opinion - the "big four" of Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama and The Simpsons. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I didn't just look for typical looks of the shows, but sceneries that would work with the in-game characters (e.g. when zoomed out, or in some cases in adjusted animtools-positions) and not be overly busy. Even for those that for some weird reason do not appreciate any or all those shows, I think one can find that the animation style fits the game very well.

Note: I'd estimate that I created most of these out of screenshots from episodes, but when I came across wallpapers or the likes, I picked those up as I went along whenever I saw something with potential. I never really expected to share these eventually, so I stored my own creations right along with the ones I was glad to find up here. Therefore, especially with the miscellaneous backgrounds, I can't tell whether my memory didn't fail me on each and every one of those - if a BG created by someone else really made it in there, I apologize in advance. :)

• Family Guy (40)

• American Dad (32)

• Futurama (30)

• The Simpsons (22)

• Archer & Miscellaneous (38)

• Old School (24)

As I mentioned earlier, I have enjoyed working with sby's terrific animtools mod for the loader, which combined with a fitting background can lead to (not only days blowing by - pun not intended - but also) pretty great stuff. I'll put the link to an upcoming post in the positions-thread up in here after I have that done, with a few positions designed for some of these backgrounds. So, lastly, in this column, there's a bunch of backgrounds that I have already created positions for, or that I feel have that particular potential. The first are ones that don't suit the regular game too well (due to sizes of the furniture/etc. in relation to the characters), the latter ones can already be found above.

• BGs for animtools (11)
Only animtools dedicated:

Also suited for standalone SDT and as such already in collections above:

Finally, I feel I have to advise anyone to not expect any updates. I can't rule it out, but I believe it to be a rather long shot. I felt the time I spent putting these together would be too valuable to not have others possibly benefit from it. Just as a heads-up. Cheers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.