FPS Problems (1 Viewer)

Firestorm5

Vivacious Visitor
hello,
I am running into problems with my loader in both programs I run it on (google chrome and Flash Debugger) It will run normally for a few seconds than the frames per second will slow to a whooping 1 FPS. I'm unsure if this is a hardware issue (5 year old OS X Mac) or something else, any help will be appreciated.
Sincerely, FireStorm

stuntcock

Content Creator
Flash Debugger
Are you referring to the Flash Player projector content debugger? Because the most plausible reason for the 1 FPS thing is that one of your Loader mods is failing to initialize and is throwing a constant stream of exceptions.

The debugger application will show you any exceptions being thrown, which will guide you towards a solution (or at least help you to identify which mod is failing).

You can check for hardware performance by running SDT.swf instead of Loader.swf. If SDT runs at a satisfactory framerate, then your computer should be adequate. You'll inevitably get some slowdown when you load intricate costumes, animated backgrounds, etc... But 1 FPS is probably a fixable bug rather than an excuse to buy a new computer.

If you're already running the correct debugger application and it isn't telling you anything, then it's possible that one of your mods is doing something stupid (such as repeatedly attempting to load a non-existent external file) without actually throwing an exception. Try disabling some of the most-recently-installed (or least-crucial-to-gameplay) mods in your $INIT$/Mods.txt file. Periodically restart the game to see whether anything has been fixed. Try to narrow down the scope: don't just say "mod X is the problem", test further until you can say "mod X triggers the problem, but only in combination with mod Y and only if mod Y is loaded first". Then submit a bug report to the authors of the mods in question and see whether they're willing to patch the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.