Fighters' Impact (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Fighters' Impact [Playstation]
Note : This game was released exclusively in Japan, but is easily playable through a PSX emulator. It was also ported to Arcades but MAME hasn't properly emulated it yet.

Published : 1997
Genre : Fighting
Ryona rating : 3/5

Ryona:
  • Three selectable female fighters out of a roster of twelve fighters (including playable secret and boss characters). One of the final stages pits you in a mirror match.
  • Some of the fighters, including two of the women, have 3 fighting styles available to them. Selecting a different style may alter their moveset either a little or almost completely.
  • Most characters, including two of the women, have 4 costumes (the three are tied to their fighting style, the fourth can be selected by holding Circle&Square at the Character Selection).
  • Each character has at least two grabs, including back grabs, which range from throws and powerbombs to bone-cracking grabs. A few of them, including one of the women, have a wide array of counter-grabs.
  • The game has an in-built system against button smashing. Using the same attacks over and over will make your character unable to attack for a while ; if she is knocked out during this time she will stand up dizzy.
  • Downed characters can be attacked in various ways.
  • Dynamic camera allows viewing of moves (especially grabs) through several angles, including through the floor.

Female Characters:
  • Kaede is a young Chinese girl whose fighting styles include Aikido (where she can perform several different bone-cracking counters) , Haki (a type of Kung Fu) and Tae-Kwon-Do (with lots of fast kicks).
  • Silene is a tall blonde woman whose fighting styles include Karate (strong punches and kicks) , Army Martial Arts (precision strikes, including a back death choke) and Wrestling (with lots of powerful grabs).
  • Fareha is a blue-skinned barefoot Indian Goddess-lookalike. She only walks sideways and has several long combos.

Screenshots:

Note : The third row in the first set of screenshots is the aforementioned mirror match.
Note : The second set of screenshots showcases the different camera angles that can take place during a simple grab.

B

bigphill

How did you get this game to run on an emulator?
I have just spent almost two hours trying to figure out how to get a PSX emulator to run on my Windows laptop, with no success whatsoever!

Mardion

Potential Patron
^You're not providing any information of what you actually tried so I can't be of help. Getting these games to run is very easy, though, provided you have the proper tools :

* The game's rom
* ePSXe
* The BIOS for ePSXe (Google is your friend)
* Pete's OpenGL video plugin

If you've tried the above and still have no luck, send me a Private or Visitor Message.

B

bigphill

Got the emulator working, didn't have the right video card plug-in.
Are there any games worth downloading you would recommend for us ryona fans? :thumbsup:

Mardion

Potential Patron
^Again you're not providing any information on what you like to see so I can't be of any help. Please send me a Private or Visitor message explaining your tastes and I'll get back to you. Alternatively, check the Playstation part in the Ryona in Games article ; you should find some interesting gems there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.