Dialogue Priority (1 Viewer)

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Im really enjoying reading the growing collection of dialogues being posted here. Might try my own someday... but to my question. I didnt see it in the help section or in the dialogue section either.

Is there anyway to prioritize what the girl says? Im not talking about certain situations like "first throat" or "intro". Rather the lines themselves. Im using the "Insecure Girl" as a reference. (Credit goes to ManiacalMan for making it and getting the audio)

dialogue_name:"Insecure Girl"

CUSTOM:
intro:"Do you promise to stay if I do this?"
intro:"Please don't look down on me for this..."
intro:"As long as you stay with me it will all be worth it."
intro:"I'd do anything for you."

Like the first line in the intro, does it have a more likely chance of being used since its the first in the intro lines? Or is just a random occurrence? I mention this because in the larger dialogues, I never saw a lot of lines while in the smaller ones, the girl would repeat herself quite often. Sometimes the same line 3 times even though she had 5 to choose from. Could there be like a "key event" button (like pressing "b" or some other letter not used in game that would trigger her to say a certain line after a certain event takes place for each topic (intro, first throat, finish and so on? Like her priority line? i.e. : You treat her vigorously so she tears and the mascara runs down her cheek. You pull back and instead of her saying a random vigorous line, you press "b" and she would say "Ooh... you like when my mascara runs down my face, dont you? That line wouldnt make sense if the action of the tears and mascara running down didnt occur.

Just a thought... dont bash

S

Some Dumb Guy

Don't fret, I won't bash.

I don't know what routine has been used for line distribution. Sometimes only a few lines are being used, other times the whole range so it seems to be completely random.
I wrote an attempt to a debug textfile a couple of weeks ago, maybe you could use that to get an idea of when certain lines are displayed. It's in the help section under Creating Dialogues. Hope it's of any use to you.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
I saw the blank template for creating dialouge. I downloaded your debug one as well. When I have time, Ill see what happens though Im sure Ill get the same random result as you. Thanks!

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
I did 4 tests using your debug template. One on Auto Normal, Soft, Hard and then Self. No pattern at all across all 4. I did mod your template though by reducing it to just 4 options to choose from. Just to make it easier to keep track of. No dice. Can konashion, Anon or any others help with figuring this out? Thanks again

ModGuy

Content Creator
I'm pretty sure it randomly selects a line based on the current state.

Priority could be added in but this would INCREASE the level of repetition.
I don't think that people enjoy reading the same thing several times more than others, but that's my opinion.

If you mean order of execution, then that is currently not implemented either, as I've said before dialogue is randomly selected from a "category" during a state.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
What about an "override button"? Like pressing a key would cause the girl to say her priority line for what ever state she is in? It doesnt have to be active feature, but a passive one that is only used if the user presses a key. Like holding down the sapce to hold the girl down. Press "d" for the girl to say her priority line. Like the one using my first post here:

AaRL said:
Could there be like a "key event" button (like pressing "b" or some other letter not used in game that would trigger her to say a certain line after a certain event takes place for each topic (intro, first throat, finish and so on? Like her priority line? i.e. : You treat her vigorously so she tears and the mascara runs down her cheek. You pull back and instead of her saying a random vigorous line, you press "b" and she would say "Ooh... you like when my mascara runs down my face, dont you? That line wouldnt make sense if the action of the tears and mascara running down didnt occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.