[PC] Demonophobia (1 Viewer)

Catnip

Ryonani Teamster
Demonophobia is an old ryona game, and I was surprised to find it wasn't posted here before.

Game Description: This is a 21+ puzzle hunting game, which involves lolicon and violence. The goal of the game is not only to complete the puzzle and slay the boss, but also to explore all the possible way that the main character, a 14 years old girl, could be tortured and killed... The game is in Japanese and no sound

Game plot: The main character tried summoning demons from the underworld for her personal vengeance. She thought that it was only a game, but the ritual succeeded. The player, will be acting as the audience who will witness the story. However, to achieve the goal of the game, the player will end up seeing the main character dying MANY MANY times. The game doesnt have GAME OVER, as t is said that in the demonic realm, death does not exist. That's right: pressing R doesn't cancell your character's death - she just gets revived and ready to die again.

Game controls:
↑ (open door)
←→ (Direction)
↓ (crawl)
  A (Toggle Portrait, the portrait frame shows the HP, white = max, the red intensity increases with hp lost)
  Z (Investigate and resist enemy attacks)
  X (Press and hold to run, however there is a distance limit per sprint)
  R (Restart from last autosave point after character died)
  P (Pause game)

It was believed, that when Hp is below a certain amount, character runs around naked. This seems to be wrong, character only gets naked after reaching certain stage.
To use/activate items hold "SPACE BAR" and use direction button to select.

bia_01.png bia_05.png

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQSJZG7A - game

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQSJZG7A - russian translation for those who prefers russian to japanese
In case you encounter difficulties while playing this game (and I'm sure you will) there are maps of some levels in game directory and walkthrough for first five levels in file stage.txt. Hope that helps.

P.S. Unexpectedly, after playing for some time I felt pity for Sacry... The game really gets on your nerves after some time playing... See for yourselves.

P.S. 2 If you liked this game, be sure to check out its sequel, Xenophobia.

Last edited by a moderator:

noice1

Potential Patron
Ah I remember this one. A bit tedious but overall a fun game. I could never really get far in it before I gave up.

Catnip

Ryonani Teamster
Well, I didn't find it too difficult in the beginning. I got stuck around stage 3.
By the way, you can select stage you want to start from in the initial menu (by pressing up and down).

Translation also helps a little.

If there is a specific place you got stuck at, feel free to ask.

I'm not an expert myself, but I do know some tricks.

TheEvilNeko

Potential Patron
Translation? I've never been able to translate Demonophobia. No matter what I set the regional language settings as, it always gives me funky symbols. Help?
For that matter, I can't get AGTH to recognize the text in Demonophobia, anyway. How do I get the text to show up in the text hooker?

Catnip

Ryonani Teamster
I couldn't find any way to attach AGTH to Demonophobia, either. Translation I referred to was russian one, avaliable by second link in my first post. I will ask the person who I got it from about the source of translation, just in case there is more.

About funky symbols... I have regional settings set to russian and can see japanese text just fine. So your problem must be lack of asian language support.

To enable it you should open the Control Panel, go to Regional and Language Options, select Languages tab, check the box for Install East Asian Languages under Supplemental language support. You may require windows installation disc for this.
Now you should have funky symbols turned into japanese.

Hope that helps.

TheEvilNeko

Potential Patron
No, no. Don't you worry about that. I've been playing Jap games for a long time. My regional language settings have had Non-Unicode programs set to Japanese for the past few years except when I need it to be English for certain programs to install correctly.

Catnip

Ryonani Teamster
Well, setting for non-unicode programs and asian fonts support aren't exactly the same thing. And it's the only reason I can see for Demonophobia to display broken text. So it would be wise to double-check.

However, this all may be moot, as AGTH doesn't seem to work with Demonophobia regardless of text being broken or not.

You can try playing without translation. There isn't much text and most of it consists of incoherent screams anyway.
Walkthrough and notes provided with game will give you sufficient understanding of what happened before the game started, what happens as you play and what awaits you in the future. Of course it's not as nice as playing translated game, but the only translation I can provide so far is russian one. I already asked the person who posted the translation about its source, but he didn't respond yet.

EDIT:
Ok, I found the source of russian translation. It's fansub group called Honyaku Subs.

Those who are interested can read about extracting game resources here (in russian, of course): http://honyaku-subs.ru/forums/viewtopic.php?p=804

thedety

Potential Patron
Since it is done in order that the personage remains nake?

Never me to past though it has the life to the minimum

Another thing, someone knows if the sequel of the game goes away to aterminar: xenophobia?

Catnip

Ryonani Teamster
As far as I remember, girl only gets naked when you reach certain stage, not when her health drops low.
So this must be an error in description.
I'll fix it, thank for pointing it out.

Xenophobia in vrsion 0.22 as far as I know. And I couldn't find any indication of when, and even if next version comes out. Hope someone else is more informed than me.

Mebius

Potential Patron
Ahh, another old guro game. This one in particular generally started making me nauseous on stage 3. A bit too guro-horror for me, I guess. Xenophobia didn't bother me so much, but then it's never been as finished either.

fedefyr posted Xenophobia over here, by the way. May as well link to it here in the downloads, seeing as the games are related. Save people a forum search and all.

DeepSoul

Potential Patron
Does the main character ever get raped by the demons and where do you get an English translation for this?

gelodsanti

Potential Patron
Does the main character ever get raped by the demons and where do you get an English translation for this?

First is, yes and no. Because that some death scenes include a sex scene. And finally, there is no English translation to it. It is possible by using AppLocal.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

First is, yes and no. Because that some death scenes include a sex scene. And finally, there is no English translation to it. It is possible by using AppLocal.

M

Mombo

But there is Russian translation, which is easier to translate than Japanese.

Zilka

Potential Patron
Can anybody suggest a good Let's Play video with this game that features the whole story in english and all death animations. I'd really like to get through the whole story, but the game gets too difficult at some point.

K

Krugg_the_Deviator

I happen to have a copy of the English version... sorry to bring back an old post, but this is a great game and hard to find. :) Let me know if this works it's my first time making and sharing a zip file... it has both eng and jap versions, opening screen is cut off for some reason.. also there's a walkthrough. View attachment demonophobia.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.