[PC] Chronicles of Lonvenholm - a fantasy VN with unique graphic (1 Viewer)

Keliar

Potential Patron
Greetings!

I'd like to present you a demo of Chronicles of Lonvenholm - a free non-linear visual novel with a dash of battle tactics, staged in a fantasy setting with unique semi-realistic graphics. X3 Brothers hobby project.

You can download alpha v0.1a here - Patreon

This demo contains one out of four possible origin points for your alter-ego. The prologue serves as a starting immersion/background and lore mini-chapter of the game. The whole story is planned to be around 3-4 chapters of narrative blocks + optional dungeon crawling and treasure hunts.

Now, let’s check a list of key points, which we are using as pillars to create CoL:

• A fantasy setting with different regions and nations, which is not brimming with magic – Check
• A few planned characters with their own stories and romance options with both genders – Check
• An advanced dialogue system with consequences and branching – Check
• Spicy erotic graphics, with THAT DAMNED CG WHICH I CAN’T UNLOCK part – Check
• A combat system to water down the narrative part with some action – umm, check?

Oh crap, it sounds like your generic VN. What makes us unique? I want CoL to be more interactive than other Patreon projects. Though our team is still preparing a foundation for new blocks, we want this game to have a modular structure.

The main story and characters mini-quest lines will serve as core content, while additional and user-based content will be more DLC-like, both to keep it manageable for us to maintain and keeping your player experience customizable. I mean, some of us don’t want to see dinosaurs with lasers in their coal chutes close to our archers.

What content will be in those user-based packs? Features, characters and mechanics – you name it. Of course, our team will be open for feedback on the main story arc too. So, you can expect many polls about features and the development vector as a whole. Plus, we have some really crazy ideas for the future.

I’ll prepare monthly posts with goals and progress for everybody on our Patreon page along with questions & answers section. This way you can check what’s going on without being a patron. Btw, April -> May goals are already posted.

Well, enough introductions! It’s all fine and rosy, but we are just starting out and need your support! Grab the demo, give it a try, post some feedback and consider throwing some bucks our way.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Thank you for mentioning (and linking back to) undertow on your patreon page. I like the screenshots you posted.
Very respectfully,
fleet

Keliar

Potential Patron
For me the game is only playabe in 320*200 resolution. Must be something wrong?

Oops, no, of course not. On what platform are you trying to play? The game supports 16:9 and 16:10 resolution types, depending on your graphics card and drivers. It's the first time someone has this glitch, and I'm afraid I don't have a solution right now.

So, we need to check your tech specks and work from there.

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
Oops, no, of course not. On what platform are you trying to play? The game supports 16:9 and 16:10 resolution types, depending on your graphics card and drivers. It's the first time someone has this glitch, and I'm afraid I don't have a solution right now.

So, we need to check your tech specks and work from there.
i3 cpu with intel 4000 gfx builtin gfx. 8 gb ram, windows 10.

Keliar

Potential Patron
Ran some test with the latest release on win 10 platforms, with both AMD and Intel cpu, no problems so far. So, I guess the problem may be hiding in builtin graphics card or an outdated drivers for them. I'll try to find some tech with Intel's builtins to check them out.

Oh, and one more thing - do you use double display setup?

Keliar

Potential Patron
64 bit windows 10 . the gfx card was intel 4400 , cpu is i3 4150, 8 gb ram.

Okay, I’m done with testing. Let’s start with PC’s specs:

Windows 10 x64 pro, i3 3.30 GHz, 16 gig RAM, intel HD 2500 gfx and an old 4:3 display. The closest version to yours I could get.

I performed a clean install, windows update took care of all drivers, so no fiddling with them were performed. The game distributive was downloaded straight from the Patreon page. The result:

The game loaded up normally, w/o any kind of glitches or bugs. I skipped to the first choices, saved and loaded a few times here and there. Well, it runs pretty smooth for me.

Now, a few thoughts about what may cause your problems:

1) Try using Snappy Driver Installer to check your software. Yeah, I know, you already done that. Still, in such situations double-checking could prove useful.

2) Try running the game with admin rights. I’m clutching at straws here, but the problem may grow from unity’s inability to list your proper resolutions to throw them into CoL’s launcher.

3) Try changing your windows display settings to a different one, then go to the max once again. Another shot in the dark, but unity usually can’t properly utilize resolutions higher than your desktop settings. Maybe it’s stuck in some ini file. Somehow, I doubt you are fan of 320x resolutions.

Keliar

Potential Patron
A quick bump, I updated the compendium info hub on the Patreon page with upcoming features and a progress report.

The second origin point will be released around May 14th.

Keliar

Potential Patron
It’s time for the content update with the second prologue and some general tweaks to hit the roll-out stage. I altered my writing to make an experiment with narrative style and flow, hope you like it!

If you are new to this project, let me give you a quick heads up – “Scout” tier patrons will get their hands on the update on 20th of May and free public release will catch up to the current version on May 27th.

Now, what’s next?

The third origin point will focus on experimenting with the atmosphere in the narrative block. I try my best creating different moods throughout the prologue, from exploring ruin’s eery auras to sneaking into the cute department.

Looking at packs of questions about Chronicles of Lonvenholm’s availability on platforms other than Windows, we can’t promise support for your favorite OS soon, but I can’t simply ignore all of them. So, our team, decided to try and sidestep the issue by arranging a web version of Cols. It is not a big distraction to hinder the development for the next origin, and at the same time, web-based release can serve as a nice teaser until we finish prepping the game to run on a number of major platforms out there. A fair warning – web means higher compression for materials and a lower quality, but we’ll try to keep degrading to a minimum.

I’ll get you a more detailed version of the plan with info about the older origin points in the upcoming May – June goal post, stay tuned!

As always, your feedback is encouraged and greatly appreciated!

Change log:

Narrative section
  • · New prologue chapter more focused on action and quick-paced narrative with the first pure-text combat scene. Current release concludes non-magical origin point set for CoL.
  • · A requested feature, full textbox concealment. By default it’s bound on the right mouse button.
  • · We used a more classic approach to the sex scene this time around; let’s see how you react to this variation.
  • · A few new treats from our visual artist and a slight update for existing backgrounds. You know the usual, epic type. Damn, I want to reach the art goal faster to commission more work.
  • · A pack of new tracks from awesome composers found their way to set up the right mood for reading.
Combat section
  • · A new combat sprite for Eileen with full set of basic animation.
  • · XP and talent system is here for a trial run. Each battle will reward all of your officers with experience, active characters get a bonus for participating + a bit of extra for combat performance. You don’t need to play the noble’s prologue again to get the corresponding XP, start of chapter one will serve as an equalizer.
  • · New skill sets for Eileen and your alter ego are ready for prologue’s challenges.
  • · Fixed a jump-in position of the bottom line for melee attacks.
Interface section
  • · A new talent window in the roster menu to support the talents/perks feature.
  • · Fixed a bug with sliders sometimes being stuck in the “zero” zone.
  • · Fixed a bug with incorrect placement of soldiers after picking up an active soldier, failing to place it properly, then successfully dragging and dropping another already chosen unit in the same squire.
  • · Fixed a bug in the roster, Rolf’s HP bar was occasionally stolen by your alter ego.
  • · Tweaked font size for some buttons.

Keliar

Potential Patron
Public release is up for grabs! Version is updated to 0.2a

This version features a new prologue chapter with a more action oriented storyline and a pack of yummy tracks.

You can get it directly or from our Patreon page. Don’t forget to check out May -> June goals and Android version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.