Boxer Maker 2014 (1 Viewer)

Trigon

Casual Client
Hi all. I just discovered this fun little game. It's been out for a while. I couldn't find a thread for it here, but if I missed an existing thread, please feel free to merge them.

It's called Boxer Maker 2014. It is a free, simple boxing sim featuring a cast of cute girls beating on each other. It can be downloaded from the author's pixiv site (click on the DL link, then the google drive link at the top of the page you are redirected to). It is available in both Japanese and English. Here are some sample images:

48624050_p1_master1200.jpg

44496313_p1_master1200.jpg

46609521_p0.png

boxermaker_defeat_by_decision.jpg

The gameplay is simple. First you choose your boxer and opponent. Look at your character's stats as compared to your opponent's on the main matchup screen. Pay attention to your character's strengths and weaknesses. For example, some like to keep their distance and use footwork, defense. and jabs to wear down an opponent while avoiding damage, while others like to get in close and pummel their foe for short range. The fights are turn-based. Each turn (which represents like 15 seconds of a 3 minute round), you choose 2 offensive options and 1 defensive option.These are compared to the choices of your opponent. and the action is resolved accordingly. Your character's stats are very important, but things like distance are important too (see bottom of the screen). For example, if you are too far away, an uppercut is more likely to miss, and you are less likely to be able to clinch.

The ryona is obviously all girl-girl and relatively mild. The character portraits do show some mild damage (bruises, scrapes) as the character's health drops and as they get knocked down. The facial expressions of some characters as they get hurt are nice, since they start to look a little bit dazed.

The characters are not all balanced, but I think that is by design. Playing as the main character, Iiyama Michiru who is supposed to be an idol and high school student who took up boxing, is much harder than playing as a powerhouse boxer like Nia Smith or BattleWagon Soko. That said, it should be possible to defeat any opponent with any boxer.

I hope the author continues to update this. I will be keeping my eye on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigon

Casual Client
Is it just Ryona or is it more than that?

Just ryona as far as I know. The author may still be updating the game, and I honestly don't know if there are plans for anything more than ryona. (I doubt it, though.)

tonto

Potential Patron
Interesting game, not sure about some of the boxing though. How does an upper guard defend VS hook to the body. But it seems pretty random (other than distance I don't see any tactics you can use) so doesn't matter that much I think.

Trigon

Casual Client
Wow, I had forgotten about this game. Great find, darkincubo! I'm glad it's still being updated.

For those of you who are English speakers and want to play the new version, I suggest opening the Config Menu, shown below. For there you can select an option to display all of the menus in English.

Unfortunately, this does not translate the story in Scenario Mode, but at least you will know what the stats are and roughly what each of the training options do.

Last edited:

darkincubo

Potential Patron
No wardrobe malfunction during the fights, but maybe in the CG pics when the girl get defeated. I'm not sure because I don't remember very well and there is no CG gallery in the demo version.

Which game crash? the 2014 ver or the 2016 ver. I can play both without problem. I assume you are playing them with your system set to japanesse. What are the details of the crash?

Last edited:

Nekkuraba

Potential Patron
Sorry for no reply (and if i have a very bad english,i'm french)
When i try to play i have this
viewer.php
http://hpics.li/33c1622
I try to run game whith japanese system ,same issue.

Edit: Okay ,i don't know but now he works fine

Last edited:

darkincubo

Potential Patron
Good news. The developer is still working on this game. I'll rougly translate his last message from some days ago:

"Thank you for playing the trial version. Right now the game is almost completed systematically. I mean to increasing various parameters, characters and scenario. Though it takes time, because of the large amount. I want to make it unforgettable (or maybe: I won't forget to make a report again, I'm not sure)."

Here is the original message in case someone with a better understanding of japanesse can make a better translation:

体験版のプレイどうもありがとうございます。
現在、システム的にはほぼ完成していて、キャラクターとかシナリオとか各種パラメータとかをガリガリ増やしている感じです。単純に量が多いので時間がかかっているのですが・・・また忘れられないように中間報告でもしたいですね

I'm really looking forward to this game. I can't wait for it to be finished :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.