Body Modding: Original objects still visible (1 Viewer)

Churchill

Potential Patron
I created a body mod for the nipples based on the template Faceless created (ver 0.98). I wanted to take it a step further by adjusting position/scale/rotation based on the breast size. I accomplished this by making a post-proxy to hook g.characterControl.setBreasts.

Everything works fine save for two minor issues:
  1. The original nipple clips are still showing. I was on the understanding that loading a mod over a pre-existing clip would replace it. Am I missing something? IE:
    Code:
    loader.loadManual(nipr, her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple);
  2. The piercing objects remain where the original nipple pieces are. In the new clips there are named instances of the piercingPoint. I tried moving the x/y of the piercing points and the piercing objects to no avail. No luck on a post-proxy hook on her.updateNipplePiercing, either. Looks like the piercing placement gets handled in a few spots, not sure on it.
Any thoughts?

sdt_Screen01.jpg

Faceless

Content Creator
The original nipple clips are still showing. I was on the understanding that loading a mod over a pre-existing clip would replace it. Am I missing something? IE:
Code:
loader.loadManual(nipr, her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple);
Nope. All it does is place a shape over the pre-existing shape. Not an issue if the new shape completely covers the old one, but in your case you'll need
Code:
for(var i:uint = 0; i < her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple.numChildren; i++) {
  her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple.getChildAt(i).visible = false;
}
before you load your own nipple. You'll also need an unload method to make the nipple visible again. Note that the variable "i" may already have been declared; in which case obviously declaring it again for the loop is unnecessary.

Haven't really played with nipple piercings beyond simple graphics replacement, so can't help you there.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Any thoughts?
The nipple "category" is intended for fairly simple graphical replacements (such as @blackcobra's nipple variations). It can be used for more ambitious projects - as you've proven - but it may not be the easiest approach.

Instead, I'd suggest categorizing your mod as a breast replacement. The proxy code should no longer be needed, since you could draw the enlarged areolae directly onto the breast shapes in Flash. The breast artwork defines a position + rotation + scale for its subsidiary nipple object. You'd adjust these visually (dragging and transforming the nipple at each keyframe) until it fits your breast across the whole timeline.

At this point, ingame testing should show the enlarged areolae and the modified nipple positions (which would have the beneficial side-effect of moving piercings to the new position also). Unfortunately, the actual nipple artwork would still depict the original nipples - and it would look very weird because the outline would be broken. Therefore you'd employ your original technique (with Faceless Faceless troubleshooting suggestion) to replace the original nipple. We wouldn't be redrawing the entire breast this time; the new nipple artwork (as seen in Flash) would be just a "fattened pencil eraser" shape.

Thus, the total package would consist of a breast replacement and a nipple replacement. Fine-tuning of the piercing position within the nipple would still be possible, but let's tackle one thing at a time.

----------------

I probably haven't explained that very clearly. If you're having trouble then I'd be happy to take a look at your FLA file and try to identify or resolve complications. Of course, this is all optional! If you'd prefer to keep your files private (or if you'd prefer to proceed with the original nipple-modding approach) then feel free to ask additional questions; I'll offer whatever support or feedback I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.