1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ao no Exorcist / Blue Exorcist Izumo Kamiki Hair

Discussion in 'Imports' started by MetalSamamon, Aug 12, 2011.

1. MetalSamamon

MetalSamamon Potential Patron

Hello everyone!

I just registered here a short time ago and I've never done one of these hair mods before, but I wanted to try it and see how I did. The one I decided to do was Izumo Kamiki from Ao no Exorcist. I tweaked with the size dimensions so I could get her hair to be on the side of her body and I made sure her proper eyebrows were the only one showing (works best with tan skin). Here's the result:

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

I hope it's good; like I said I've never done it before. I had a hard time with the lines since I don't have the proper program to make them, but this was the best I could do with what I have. If someone wants to do better lines; feel free and let me know as I still have the line-less version as well. Also I made this completely from scratch since there was no good template to use for her hair. :-\

I'm not doing requests either, btw; this was just something I wanted to do. I may do more but it'll be girls I decide to do and also it really depends upon whether or not I get positive feedback on this job (no sense in doing more if I did a bad job, right?). Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

I would say it's definitely not bad, but from your preview it looks jagged, but I'm sure if you continue you'll learn how to fix that.

3. MetalSamamon

I know it's jagged; I don't have the right program to get it fixed. I have Paint Shop Pro 9 which isn't working for me when it comes to lines.

What program would you suggest I get in order to do clean, smooth lines like in the other hair mods on here?

4. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

GIMP, it's just as good as Photoshop and it's free.

5. MetalSamamon

Forgive my ignorance again, but I don't see a pen tool with GIMP. What tool would you say to use and what settings? I really would appreciate any help you can offer since I haven't used GIMP before. ;^^ Thank you

6. Mineur

Mineur Club Regular Content Creator

if you are used to Photoshop, then GIMP will just feel plain retarded, trust me^^

7. MetalSamamon

I've used Photoshop before; it's a lot like the program I have now (Paint Shop Pro). If Photoshop wasn't so expensive I'd get that instead. ;^^

But my biggest problem is the lines. ;^^ I can do everything else just fine; the lines is where I need the help.

8. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

9. MetalSamamon

Well, I did the best I could. I can't really do that great of lines, it seems; but hopefully this is acceptable:

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

[attachthumb=3]

I really tried to get the smoothest lines I could; but I don't know the technique to get them as smooth as the other hair mods and the actual girl herself. :-[ If it's not good enough, I'm sorry; but until I can learn the proper techniques for lines step-by-step or something this is the best I can do.

I do have a list of other girls I'd like to do for this game; so if this is acceptable I'll start making some of the other characters for this game that I want to do. ;D

Attached Files:

10. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

Looks much better.

If you care you can check out Voltlight's GIMP tutorial in the tutorial board, that's how what I used to better myself (which isn't that great btw) even though I use Photoshop.