[PC] XNALara (1 Viewer)

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
How does everyone feel about XNA? I feel that it offers almost unlimited possibilities to what you want to see. I know Lollipop Chainsaw didd not have a lot of content so I created a bunch of scenes featuring her. I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
XNA is a programming language or developer kit or something(?). XNALara is named because its made in it, and originally designed for posing models from one of the tomb raider games. :P
We've had some threads on it in the past, though people seem to burn out easily on posing stuff in it.

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Haha. Thanks. I have been using it for quite a while & I can definitely see why people can get burned out on it. Have you ever used it?

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I've used it and done one or two pictures, but I personally find the whole program very awkward to use and pose. I tend to stick to Daz3d personally because it is much easier for me to alter the models. The downside to Daz3d is that I don't get the ultimate benefit of being able to use existing models from games. :(

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
There are quite a few of us who have XNALara just sitting around; sometimes when inspiration strikes we'll open it up and use it.
Myself, I have been known to Frankenstein models together using Blender.

Contrary to what thesteedman says I find XNALara very easy to use: Just click, or select, a bone and manipulate the X,Y, and Z axis sliders. And it's likely why many start using it. Of course, because it lacks proper animation capabilities most get bored with it after a while.
Still, if you search around the image forum you're bound to come across several threads for our members works with the program.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Xnalara is pretty easy. It is kinda like Maya in terms of posing imo. I work on sets when I have time off of other crap. Like I just finished a bearhug set for Ayane and have been off and on working on her sleeper one. Then I will work on the next character in that fashion or work on a new set for a character I have used before.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Each to their own really, I just find XNALara really awkward myself, hence why I barely use it. Daz3d is a free rendering program and I personally find the interface is a lot easier to use and the models easier to pose and place, you can basically download or buy models for it. In a sense, think of it as a great big create a wrestler kind of program in terms of compiling characters using items and what not. Like with XNALara you can make some very solid rendered images from it, but it does not have the benefit as I said earlier of being able to use per-rendered characters from games. (I think I lie actually, there is a way to port them in but I hear its a helluva complex and complicated and basically not really worth doing.) Hence when Mila comes out from DOA 5 on XNALara I will probably just have to sit and wait patiently for some of the guys here to make some awesome renders of her. (Preferably in bearhugs or bodyscissors XD)

I have some renders on this site of my character Jetta who was made and rendered in Daz3d if you have a nose in the image section of the forum. Being a big fan of waist constriction you'll find bearhugs and the like in there. I also have an image lying around somewhere of Tyris Flare in a bearhug from Goro that I made using XNALara, it took me a lot longer to make than it did any of my other images in Daz3d, hence my preference for the latter.

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
That is completely understandable. The perk for me is that I am enjoying using characters from games, always been an interest of mine, so I will stick with XNA. You are in luck! I love Mila! When her & Tina come out I was planning on making a lot of scenes with them. That means bearhugs too of course! If you find her before I do, let me know & I will get to work & show you the finished product! Check out my DA if you get a chance, to see if my style is to your liking & get you excited for Mila!

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
i used to make loads of xnalara scenes before i took a break!
the link in my sig leads to them all! i mostly liked making PoV scenes :-3
its not as flexible as Daz since you can only use premade models,
but it's still pretty fun for those times where you think
"i'd love to see character X being dominated by character Y!" >:-3

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Its great to see you comment Voreq, it was actually your Juliet pictures with the octopus that introduced me to XNA and made me want to try it out! Your scenes are amazing! I would like to thank you for involuntarily introducing me to this!

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
I have quite a few scenes already on DA, my user name is the same as on here, I would love for you to check them out & tell me what you think. I still haven't been able to figure out tentacles, but I am still learning the more advanced things. Any tips would be great!

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
eek tentacles! yup they're horrible to pose! XD
i can't be much help other than saying the obvious "practice makes perfect" they're tricky, but if you take your time and keep working at them you can get them to cooperate! :-3
the only tip i could give would be to plan out how you want it to look, and work from the base of the tentacle outwards, good luck!

edit: i also checked out your page and its really looking great! :-3 you've really gotten the hang of it! :D
also thinking i might start making scenes again soon

Last edited by a moderator:

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Thanks for the tip. I was always doing it the other, that must be why. Also, why I have no tentacles in my scenes, I went them to look great before I post. You should definitely do more scenes! I cannot wait to see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.