Treasure Dive (downloadable gory adventure game) (1 Viewer)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i have begun work on a game using Game Maker 8 and Poser. i'm pleased enough with my progress to post the current version of the game here, but be warned: this version can best be described as pre-alpha. it consists of one stage with a single enemy. the gameplay elements, however, are basically complete: you play a bikini-clad diver swimming down through dangerous waters to find treasures at the bottom.

i freely admit to stealing the idea for the game wholesale from another game i've played, called "Treasure". i can't currently find the link for it, but it's done in a loli-esque 8-bit style. this game, when complete, will feature the same elements.

you can download my version here.

Last edited by a moderator:

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
A fair good pre-alpha demo in my taste... gonna have squids later? or giant sea anemones :D? big worms on the buttom swallowing her whole :D?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Guro isn't my thing but I'll definitely check this out when I get home.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i do intend to attempt an octopus enemy type, a jellyfish enemy type, an a worm enemy type, as well as a second character in a boat at the top of the screen. the second character will be vulnerable to enemies which float up towards the surface from the bottom of the screen; if the second character dies, the game continues, but you will lose points. however, at this juncture, i am still educating myself on the ins and outs of sprite interaction, with specific regard to relative location. so while i most definitely hope to be able to add, for instance, a tentacle rape segment, i am currently not adept enough to reliably place the character sprite in a position where it can interact correctly with the octopus's tentacle.

noice1

Potential Patron
Pretty cool, eyeteeth. I'm excited to see how your project comes along. All the above additions sound really interesting, too. I must say I agree that for such an early build it looks promising.

I really like the tentacle idea, but I also like vines. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES had an underwater level where you had to avoid deadly vines that would kill you, that would be something on the bottom that she could get caught in. It wouldn't have to move like the squid, either. Anyway, it's just a thought. The vines don't even have to be carnivorous, they could be electric or venomous.

Thanks for posting it up :)

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Ha, I was JUST thinking about that game on Vorzen! One of my favs. (though almost all of the games on Vorzen I enjoy). I'm very interested in trying this game out now.

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
The demo is cool, thanks for the upload! I understand that this is a year-old thread, but does a link for the original game "Treasure" still exist? (Rather, does anybody have a downloaded copy and would be willing to upload it?) Vorzen seems to have disappeared, and the Wayback Machine doesn't have it archived. It really sounds like it'd be my kind of thing, if it still exists.