Scanlation of Little Justice (1 Viewer)

IronE

Club Regular
A while ago, I found holhorse's commissioned comic, Little Justice. It's wonderfully illustrated and doesn't really require Chinese to understand, but after a little effort, I really feel understanding the dialog adds a lot to it. The protagonist, Xiaoxia (小俠), has an obnoxious, self-righteous attitude that makes it a lot easier to sympathize with the zako. If you're turned off by the brutal violence like I was, some of the later chapters (especially 7) are a lot less violent.

Yesterday, I plugged the script into Google Translate and also translated some of the words not in the script. I have a background in Japanese but not Chinese, so I can usually look up the words if they're not in some crazy font. Here's the resulting document. I haven't taken the time to clean up the Google Translate engrish or to figure out what to do with all the onomatopoeia.

Is anyone interested in helping with this project? Obviously, a background in Chinese would be amazing, but there's lots more to do, including the final image editing. It'd also be great to ensure holhorse is OK with this project and maybe even posts the finished scanlation on pixiv.

Other random questions: How do you know if 啊 is the sound "ah" or the word "what"? Or is the vagueness just how Chinese works?

IronE

Club Regular
How do you get the script?
A software to extract texts from the images or something?
The script was posted along with the comic on Pixiv. I filled in some blanks, onomatopoeia, etc., by entering characters I didn't know (all of them) into a handwritten character lookup like this one.

ZakoLover

Club Regular
Yeah, the text in the link is Traditional Chinese while the one in the images is Simplified Chinese.
Do you have the scripts of other chapters or is only Chapter 1's available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.