Saints Row The Third (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Picked up this game and have been having some fun with it.

If you've never tried the game before, the gameplay is kind of a mix between GTA3 and Beatdown with an optional element of taking over properties/shops for the purpose of getting extra income. The theme revolves around street gangs and general thuggery but taken way, way, way over the top. It's been awhile since I played Saints Row 2 but I don't remember it being anywhere near as crazy as this one. Once you play through the intro, you'll know what I mean.

Character customization is really fun in this game. Again, think Beatdown with even more options and the fact that you can pick between more than few static character models. You can also customize your vehicles and your gang although to a lesser extent. The game is riddled with different mini games like in GTA that you can play for extra money but as far as I can tell for the most part, these are all optional except the first time you play them. The storyline is nothing amazing but the delivery is a lot fun and in the context of the game, I think the voice acting is very well done. As a bonus, I'm pretty sure the female voice was done by the same woman who did the voice for Rayne from Bloodrayne.

There isn't a whole lot of ryona in the game but more than I expected. There are female gang enemies and lots of female civilians running around that you can use as human shields and melee in various ways. There are these "brute" npc's that can start a QTE on you. Some of them are kinda grabby but these guys seem to only appear during storyline missions. The thing I'm really glad about? Friggin' voice work done for your character getting hit. So many games don't have this small bit and I was relieved that they had it in this game.

So I was trying to get some screenshots to show some parts of the game but it wasn't working right, so I'll just make a really sloppy video and update the post with it in a bit.

[video=youtube_share;ApfrXrbYaCQ]http://youtu.be/ApfrXrbYaCQ[/video]

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
There are these "brute" npc's that can start a QTE on you. Some of them are kinda grabby but these guys seem to only appear during storyline missions.
Thankfully you can actually get them to appear outside of the main storyline if you raise your gang notoriety high enough. Cause enough trouble for an enemy gang and trucks will start showing up carrying brutes to fight.

summonmint

Avid Affiliate

this is my gameplay record about some ryona :D
hope you like it

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This next post isn't really about anything ryona related, but I finished the game last night and I just sort of realized... man, I had a lot of fucking fun playing through it. And honestly, considering how open the game world is I was simply amazed by the fact that I only died once because of a game bug. The game never crashed or suffered from any logical programming errors and was just all around very polished. I guess it just sort of hit me because I remember the PC version of SR2 just being really lousy. It was obviously a port and there were glaring performance issues that made an enjoyable game a rather frustrating experience that dragged down other aspects of it, mainly the controls.

I mentioned previously that the style of this game is way over the top and after finishing it, I have to say that's an understatement. It's just fucking wacky, off-the-wall bullshit all the way through and quite frankly I loved it. The characters in the story are great and their VA's really bring them to life. You start to really get attached to your own character as well because quite simply, your character in the story is a bad ass gangster that doesn't even give a fuck about anything. TAKE ON A WHOLE GANG OF LUCHADORS? WHATEVER. COOL. BANG BANG. NEXT MISSION.

Man, bottom line: try it first if you need to, but if you end up enjoying it half as much as I did, buy it and support its devs. There's a character creation demo program available on Steam if you'd at least like to play around with that.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like attacks and combo finishers are better than the previous one. That's gret!

Anyway, can enemies do combo finishers to you like they did in 2?

summonmint

Avid Affiliate
Looks like attacks and combo finishers are better than the previous one. That's gret!

Anyway, can enemies do combo finishers to you like they did in 2?
no T_T
so sad
only zombie and Giant enemy can grab & attack you...

Tali Zorah

Potential Patron
I was actually a bit dissapointed in this game pure Ryona wise. I love the game, but the Ryona was 10 times better in part 2 :(

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
just got the game(it was on sale for 40 bucks) for ps3. I'll try and make something in the future with it. I love how just over the top this game is. Also making a zombie guy makes the game even funnier

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
This game has very nice graphics and it offers very detailed character customization. Its a mixture of beatem up and GTA. You can drive motorbike, car, tank, fly military chopper and military plane. Actually it makes a lot of fun, to destroy everything what is on your way, when you are driving the tank :)

The player can perform some grabs and throwing moves. Most of the enemies can not use grabs/throws. Except the unarmed "Brute", that big guy, who holds the player with the right hand and punches the actor with his left hand several times in the stomach. There are 2 other Brute variation, one with chaingun and one with flamethrower. They can throw the actor on the ground and then shoot at him. In most of the cases they perform that move, you dont see much, because of the automatic camera perspective. Well there is one "Wrestling" stage, where the player has to fight the Boss, who is some brute-looking guy with a mask. This fight is less spectacular than fighting a normal brute in my opinion, because its not a real wrestling, you have only to avoid his 3-4grabs by pressing a certain button.

Anyway its funny, bloody and nice looking game.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
Old thread is old. I finally snagged myself a copy of this game the other day (Huzzah for steam sales) I was wondering if anyone toyed around with the extent of using co-op friendly fire for ryona type content.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
Whelp, if anyone wants to mess around co-op, to either play the game, mess around, or try seeing if we can film some co-op ryona content, let me know. Thanks for the patch, but I think I'll pass.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I would have gone for it in the steam sale, but sadly I don't think my computer would run it. I'll look into the PS3 version if I ever find myself in money.

summonmint

Avid Affiliate
Whelp, if anyone wants to mess around co-op, to either play the game, mess around, or try seeing if we can film some co-op ryona content, let me know. Thanks for the patch, but I think I'll pass.

I remembered you can't use combat combo on Player teammate...or i am wrong ? :relief:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.